Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 03-06-2013, 12:38 AM
Master
An active channel vs. An Open Channel

This is a thread that spring to life out of the other thread in this section. I guess it's more my curiosity about how others operate with some comparisons to how I operate.

I would consider myself to be an active channel. Meaning that I have to actively engage into what I am doing to connect. I will not walk into a room and pick up a spirit, nor will I get a connection with a spirit on it's on.. When I get uber relaxed I can pick up what appear to be random conversations, or random visions.

I don't get impressions from people or things on their own. I have to actively put my consciousness or energy into doing what I choose to do. I have to actively decide to try and connect and get information. I also work internally with my stuff. I hear them within my mind. I will get tingles and feelings on my skin, or hair. Hair is more common. I will also see flashes in the air.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Master
I'm in the same boat.
Only on rare occasions will I actually pick up on something without consciously tuning in. Otherwise, I'm about as clueless as anyone else until I make the conscious effort to connect. Although sometimes I feel like it'd be cool to be an open channel, I'm actually glad I'm an active one, because a lot of my work and activities are centered around concentration (art, writing, school, etc.) and I feel like it'd be a huge distraction if I had open reception. I'm already distracted enough. Lol.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah
I'm in the same boat.
Only on rare occasions will I actually pick up on something without consciously tuning in. Otherwise, I'm about as clueless as anyone else until I make the conscious effort to connect. Although sometimes I feel like it'd be cool to be an open channel, I'm actually glad I'm an active one, because a lot of my work and activities are centered around concentration (art, writing, school, etc.) and I feel like it'd be a huge distraction if I had open reception. I'm already distracted enough. Lol.

I have thought on numerous occasions of wanting to be an open channel, and probably think it would allow me to flow more smoothly, as sometimes when you actively connect. It's not always easy to connect to someone.. But my concern, or perhaps fears, are of having spirit in my mind life 24/7 and never having peace or privacy. As well as being open all the time could attract less than positive spirits as well. And well, i don't want to bring that type of energy into my life.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I have thought on numerous occasions of wanting to be an open channel, and probably think it would allow me to flow more smoothly, as sometimes when you actively connect. It's not always easy to connect to someone.. But my concern, or perhaps fears, are of having spirit in my mind life 24/7 and never having peace or privacy. As well as being open all the time could attract less than positive spirits as well. And well, i don't want to bring that type of energy into my life.

I do wonder if my connection would be more solid if I allowed a more natural open state to me.. Instead of always trying to force a connection to allow myself to be more open for it.. Though, I'm not entirely sure how to go about that. Nor am I sure I just want to start inviting random spirits into my home for it.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
This is a thread that spring to life out of the other thread in this section. I guess it's more my curiosity about how others operate with some comparisons to how I operate.

I would consider myself to be an active channel. Meaning that I have to actively engage into what I am doing to connect. I will not walk into a room and pick up a spirit, nor will I get a connection with a spirit on it's on.. When I get uber relaxed I can pick up what appear to be random conversations, or random visions.

I don't get impressions from people or things on their own. I have to actively put my consciousness or energy into doing what I choose to do. I have to actively decide to try and connect and get information. I also work internally with my stuff. I hear them within my mind. I will get tingles and feelings on my skin, or hair. Hair is more common. I will also see flashes in the air.

I am the same. I am not strong and I have to have my mind fully focused in order to have conversations. I have seen full bodies when I was not open at all, and I see shadows and flashes all the time. I get the tingles, touches and warmth as well. It seems if I try too hard to make a connection it just doesn't work - I have to let it happen naturally.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Master
Quote:
I have thought on numerous occasions of wanting to be an open channel, and probably think it would allow me to flow more smoothly, as sometimes when you actively connect. It's not always easy to connect to someone..

I know what you mean. I often wonder if being more of an open channel would help me with specificity, as well, because sometimes being an active channel makes me feel like I have to "dig" for answers, rather than just having the answers come freely to me.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:37 PM
sesheta

I find that it's a balancing act for me!
Sometimes I have to calm down and try to focus to get messages/impressions, etc to come through.....But other times I find that if I TRY to focus - I get nothing (I think it's a case of trying too hard, lolol!)
Things also come to me in different ways - sometimes I get visual pictures (like somebody stuck a photograph in front of my face)..Sometimes it's audio (but that is rare)....Quite often I simply "know" - I will know who is calling on the phone before I pick it up (once in a while I'll stop and look at the phone 30 seconds to a minute before it starts to ring...), or I will know that someone is about to show up before they arrive....
But I also think that if I fully 'opened up' all the time, I would quickly get overwhelmed.....
Old 05-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah
I know what you mean. I often wonder if being more of an open channel would help me with specificity, as well, because sometimes being an active channel makes me feel like I have to "dig" for answers, rather than just having the answers come freely to me.

That's exactly how I feel. I feel that when I am connecting with someone actively, whomever that is, that I am almost forcing answers out of it. Instead of the answers coming more organic. And at times that makes it harder to connect because it's almost like I am digging for that connection.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetruebeliever
I am the same. I am not strong and I have to have my mind fully focused in order to have conversations. I have seen full bodies when I was not open at all, and I see shadows and flashes all the time. I get the tingles, touches and warmth as well. It seems if I try too hard to make a connection it just doesn't work - I have to let it happen naturally.

Yea, it takes a lot of concentration to make a connection. And a focusing of on our parts. We are, after all trying to match our vibrations to the vibration of the spirit we are working with..

I have only seen full body apparitions on a few occasions, a few years back. The only time I ever saw them was when i was half asleep and rolling over, I would catch them.. Naturally to see it out of the blue like that startles, anyone, and I would lose the connection. So those were rare to see. Wish I could get that back. Now I just get the flashes, wavy blobby things, tingles, warmth, touches...
Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
I find that it's a balancing act for me!
Sometimes I have to calm down and try to focus to get messages/impressions, etc to come through.....But other times I find that if I TRY to focus - I get nothing (I think it's a case of trying too hard, lolol!)
Things also come to me in different ways - sometimes I get visual pictures (like somebody stuck a photograph in front of my face)..Sometimes it's audio (but that is rare)....Quite often I simply "know" - I will know who is calling on the phone before I pick it up (once in a while I'll stop and look at the phone 30 seconds to a minute before it starts to ring...), or I will know that someone is about to show up before they arrive....
But I also think that if I fully 'opened up' all the time, I would quickly get overwhelmed.....

If I relax myself enough, and hit like a certain state, I can get images. Those images are just random things. That make absolutely no sense what so ever. But they are quick, and it's hard to keep that state once I hit it. Any thought or movement pops me out of it.

I don't really get those knowings.. For me, I guess I have clairaudience as well. As I hear them, in my voice, within my head. So it's like I am taking dictation for them. They speak in words and sentences to me. It makes it hard to tell who it is, because it's in my own voice.