Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-04-2013, 12:26 AM
skeptic91

How do you know?

How do you know that what you are seeing are actually spirits, or deceased people, and not just some sort of hallucination? I'm suffering from depression and death anxiety, and the belief in some sort of afterlife would be hugely beneficial to me.

Unfortunately everything I read has some scientific explanation for why that is so, and I just can't deal with this belief that one day myself and everyone I know and love won't be.

I've been praying, but feeling nothing. No one is answering me, and I'm so scared. What do I do?
Old 24-04-2013, 01:06 AM
Master
Well... I know because of having my experiences validated by someone else. If two people see or feel the same hallucination, it's most likely not a hallucination, y'know?

I used to wonder, the same as you. But over time I learned to have faith in my abilities. I read and experienced and just had patience. I also learned to trust my inner voice, figure out how things worked for me, so to speak. No one has the same way of understanding or recognizing spirit. It's really a tough question that you're asking.

Yep, there's a lot about death that has a scientific explanation (or theory). But I believe there's still a lot that has no explanation at all.

Death can be scary, it's true.

Old 24-04-2013, 04:39 AM
skeptic91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Well... I know because of having my experiences validated by someone else. If two people see or feel the same hallucination, it's most likely not a hallucination, y'know?

I used to wonder, the same as you. But over time I learned to have faith in my abilities. I read and experienced and just had patience. I also learned to trust my inner voice, figure out how things worked for me, so to speak. No one has the same way of understanding or recognizing spirit. It's really a tough question that you're asking.

Yep, there's a lot about death that has a scientific explanation (or theory). But I believe there's still a lot that has no explanation at all.

Death can be scary, it's true.

Do you mind explaining that experience for me? The problem for me is that I have no "abilities", and have never seen or felt anything. I'm just desperately hoping/searching for some of this stuff to be true.
Old 24-04-2013, 05:14 AM
Out_of_Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptic91
I've been praying, but feeling nothing. No one is answering me, and I'm so scared. What do I do?

Just praying is not enough. You should imagine. Then your imagination will become real. Pretty much like Willy Wonka in the Chocolate Factory said:

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Want to change the world, there’s nothing to it
(Pure Imagination)

Spirits can be bad or good. Good spirits always say their names. Bad spirits never. If some spirit doesn't want to tell its name, ask it 3 times. After the third time the spirit should obey or vanish. This is the law.
Old 24-04-2013, 05:28 AM
Master
While you are in the mindset of desperately hoping, you will then believe anything told to you, if its true or not, just be careful.
Old 24-04-2013, 05:41 AM
Juanita

Try reading some of the other threads on this subject on this forum...
Old 24-04-2013, 05:56 AM
Out_of_Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
you will then believe anything told to you, if its true or not, just be careful.

Not quite. Bad spirits don't want to tell their names because telling provokes sharing energy. Bad spirits don't want to loose their energy. They have come in hope to get some energy from you. That's what makes them bad. On the contrary, good spirits are glad to give away their energy to anyone who is in need. That's why they tell their names right away. You don't even need to ask them. They know the law.
Old 24-04-2013, 06:26 AM
Residue

Well on the idea of life after death I have a few ideas which guide my 'beliefs' but that doesn't mean I know the 'truth'.

1. Einstein's Law of the conservation of energy. Energy can never die. What happens to the energy of the 'me' when we pass... As in my desires, beliefs, thoughts etc. does that just disappear...

2. Paramhansa Yogananda in book "Autobiography of a Yogi" and also a monk I know told the story if the time they met their spiritual master during their life. For both, it seemed like a remeeting... Meeting someone who they instinctively seemed to know without ever having met each other. And both parties in each case just "knew" before they ever spoke.

On the matter of your fear, that could be interpreted as a good thing. That sounds like a very powerful force within you that could be used to motivate you to search for answers to these confusions you have...

1 trick I learnt with anxiety is let it happen. Don't try to run away or wish it wasn't there. Accept it completely. Accept the fear of all your loved ones dying as new ground comes from acceptance of the present...
Old 24-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_of_Here
Not quite. Bad spirits don't want to tell their names because telling provokes sharing energy. Bad spirits don't want to loose their energy. They have come in hope to get some energy from you. That's what makes them bad. On the contrary, good spirits are glad to give away their energy to anyone who is in need. That's why they tell their names right away. You don't even need to ask them. They know the law.
I certainly don't believe that, but thanks for sharing.
Old 24-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptic91
How do you know that what you are seeing are actually spirits, or deceased people, and not just some sort of hallucination? I'm suffering from depression and death anxiety, and the belief in some sort of afterlife would be hugely beneficial to me.

Unfortunately everything I read has some scientific explanation for why that is so, and I just can't deal with this belief that one day myself and everyone I know and love won't be.

How do we know that what we see on a physical level is not some kind of hallucination derived through one's imagination .

How deep is the rabbit hole in that respect but on some level the spirit world exists on a particular vibration that is not of the physical but 'spirit/etheric' energies can be seen from a physical point of awareness .

What many do not realize is that what mindful problems one has to endure and face whilst experiencing the earth plane does not vanish the moment one passes in to the world of spirit .

Regret, Guilt, shame, anger, fear remains in your system .

Everything can be resolved wherever one finds themselves .

At times people feel that things would be better somewhere else as like the grass is greener on the other side .. but it aint, ..

Dig deep skeptic91 and you may find the strength .

x dazzle x