Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-06-2012, 07:25 AM
RichMartini

I had my dearest friend on the planet die in my arms, and I thought pretty much I couldn't or wouldn't recover from it. But a number of odd things happened just prior and after her death. The night before the phone rang at 3 in the morning. 'This is Tony, you paged me" said this deep voice. "No, I didn't" I said, and hung up the phone. And as I closed my eyes, suddenly this incredibly bright light blasted into the room - like the roof was off. I was awake, so I was aware of feeling its intensity - and then the sound of a freight train, or earthquake pulsing through the building. Living in LA I thought for sure it was a 9.5 - never heard anything so loud and intense. And as I was lying there, this bright light, this roar, I was aware I was in some kind of volcano moving upwards. Lying on a platform or a rock - and I heard my friend's voice behind me say "Isn't this ****ing amazing?" It was her voice, but when she was about 20 - I didn't know her then - but clearly her, and clearly odd for her to be using an f bomb. And it was so intense I passed out. But when I came to, I was just further along - closer to the top - still the roar and the intensity - and as I neared the top I thought "I don't think I'm supposed to go here with you." And a few moments later, I passed out. When I woke, I thought for sure she was gone - but no, I went over and spent that last day with her. And at some point I reflected on how she told me "I think i"m going to another galaxy." She was paralyzed from cancer, in bed, and I asked why she thought that. She said she had a recurring dream she was "in another galaxy" in a classroom, everyone was dressed in white, speaking a language she'd never heard before, but completely understood.' I thought that was the morphine talking. But the day she died - all the clocks stopped at 4 pm in her place, and her cats watched in unison as something flew up and out of her body and around the room. Later, I got a call from an old friend of hers who said "I had the most amazing dream - she was in the 4th dimension" she said "in a classroom dressed in white and seemed very happy." I mentioned this to the hospice nurse who nearly fainted - that was her recurring dream.

Ok, about six months later I was in NY wondering what that dream was that I had - how could she talk to me from an earlier age? And I had an out of body experience - which I've had before, but this was very intense, I felt myself shoot through space traveling so fast light was melting from the stars - and then I turned and went thru some kind of worm hole - and came out the other side, still going incredibly fast, but now sideways. And then I stopped and she was there - her eyes closed. She opened them as if to say "You wanted to know where I was - here I am."

Then a truck horn blasted outside my window - but the odd thing was I experienced traveling back to NY, like on a rubber band, pulled back into my body before the horn stopped it's honk.

My point is that it started me on a journey that's continued to this day - I wanted to see if I could return to that place, and I have now, twice. I've been filming people under deep hypnosis, five hour sessions where they to travel through time and space and see their loved ones - who tell them all kinds of amazing things, and whether it's actually real or not, the person having the experience has the profound feeling that its real, so much so that when they come out of the session they're convinced beyond a shadow of doubt they held their loved one's hands, heard them speak, learned something new from them.

It's been an incredible reframe for these folks suffering from the loss of a loved one - I describe my own personal journey so you know why I picked up my camera and started to document this research, and have had countless meetings with people suffering over the loss of a loved one. So there's a completely different set of concepts to consider - they haven't gone anywhere, you just can't see them. They can hear and see you, and depending on their skill or the loved one's ability to perceive these thoughts, they're able to appear in dreams, focus your energy so you notice a particular shared piece of music.

I don't want to upset anyone's belief systems, or take away from the grieving process - who they were to us they can no longer be, and the act of not having them in our physical presence doesn't make it any easier. Nor that fact that we might be able to contact them, like calling a relative on the other side of the planet, makes us realize any less that we won't be seeing them beside us. I happened upon this clip today, I don't know who created it, nor do I know who the psychic is that is doing the reading - but it's similar to others I've seen - I'm filming life between life therapy - this clip is not that, but powerful nonetheless. Hope it helps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74znWzyRTU
Old 01-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Master

Since dad died, 3 weeks and 2 days now - not that I'm counting (much). Well, a range of reactions from people. I've found myself talking to people and crying too easily in cafes or in the pub. How embarrassing.

I'm really early on in my journey with this - but there are a few things that have helped me. The fact that I feel so intensely rubbish is a sign that I did really love dad - and that can only be a good thing I like to think. Then, there's been the endless presence of dad, he feels so much here, I feel him the whole time. His presence is easing but he's still very current. And that's very strange, he has taken up residence in an armchair in my house and I feel I can talk to him but I don't know what to say.

Strangely, I've taken comfort from cliches "It will get better" etc. What I've railed against more is the opportunity people have taken to talk about their experiences unprompted. There are those whom I've wanted to compare notes with but then there are those who use my grief as an opportunity to give me a spiel about how it was for them and I just think "no".

It's been an exercise in kindness in many respects, the ripples of grief might start with dad and being next to him I find myself being hit with the greatest strength of the ripples but then there is so much unresolved grief which are impacted by another ripple further down the line.

It's an intensely difficult process for all concerned, there are shifting energies within the family as well as the "missing" of the departed person - but those with unresolved grief (seems to be many) swing into the foreground and this grieving by proxy becomes a significant feature. I hold onto the saying "it is better to be kind than right" - but it's not been easy.

Furthermore, my belief systems make me feel intensely lonely within the family circle and I am heartened by coming here. Thank you.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Master

Oh yes. Don't judge me. I make decisions about what to do, what to say, bla bla bla bla bla and I don't need you telling me my decisions are wrong, that I should do it differently etc. Encourage me to think otherwise if you think I am wrong but don't don't don't judge me or condemn me when I am trying to do my best!
Old 01-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Lulu

Quote:
Since dad died, 3 weeks and 2 days now - not that I'm counting (much).

2 months, 6 days, for me... Sometimes it's hard not to count.

Quote:
Oh yes. Don't judge me. I make decisions about what to do, what to say, bla bla bla bla bla and I don't need you telling me my decisions are wrong, that I should do it differently etc. Encourage me to think otherwise if you think I am wrong but don't don't don't judge me or condemn me when I am trying to do my best!

Well said.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:14 AM
RichMartini

A woman sent me this video the other day - <snip> - her father had passed, and her son asked if the birds who came to tap on the windowpane might be his deceased grandfather.. the boy loved hummingbirds she tells me, and he was a pianist, and played the melody to this youtube video - anyways, he passed away recently, and her husband filmed this pretty amazing video - I've never see anything quite like it - but of what she felt was a visitation from her son: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h_vzWRbNRc&feature=share

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:37 AM.