Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 03-03-2012, 03:17 AM
silent whisper

We can seek to complete something in us that feels missing...
we can seek to grow and learn through new expereinces..

Perhaps our perceptions of seeking might need some clarity if we wish not to cross lines on this expansion...of interest. :)
Old 03-03-2012, 10:06 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
I see where your coming from...It would depend entirely on how one perceives seeking now would it not?

Could yo clarify your post. What do you see? The question or point put to you or just the second part about seeking?
Old 03-03-2012, 10:18 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
We can seek to complete something in us that feels missing...
we can seek to grow and learn through new expereinces..

Perhaps our perceptions of seeking might need some clarity if we wish not to cross lines on this expansion...of interest. :)

How about this to keep it simple (and to keep it on thread topic).

We seek to find. When we believe we have "found", we stop seeking. That belief in "found" is what people call "truth". Whether it is truth - is a belief. Lol.

I think that covers all approaches and all people.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle

We seek to find. When we believe we have "found", we stop seeking. That belief in "found" is what people call "truth". Whether it is truth - is a belief. Lol.

This may be true, but once we have found, don't we seek something new?

Ps: I don't think a simple statement that you cover all approaches and all people with whatever point you meant to make, makes any sense to me. And I am one of all people and all approaches that that statement was meant for, no?
Old 03-03-2012, 11:21 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
This may be true, but once we have found, don't we seek something new?

Ps: I don't think a simple statement that you cover all approaches and all people with whatever point you meant to make, makes any sense to me. And I am one of all people and all approaches that that statement was meant for, no?

As the statement is about truth - yes I believe it applies to all people including you. Perhaps you can explain why you think it doesnt?

In terms of truth once you have "found it" why would you seek something you have already found? "something else" everything else must non-truth so you would not be seeking truth anyway.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
As the statement is about truth - yes I believe it applies to all people including you. Perhaps you can explain why you think it doesnt?

In terms of truth once you have "found it" why would you seek something you have already found? "something else" everything else must non-truth so you would not be seeking truth anyway.

That is not reasonable to me. Everything you say here seems to say you have found the truth and other people haven't. That does does not ring true to me.

Incidentally, I don't think I ever said anywhere where I think I have found the one and only truth.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:04 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
That is not reasonable to me. Everything you say here seems to say you have found the truth and other people haven't. That does does not ring true to me.

Incidentally, I don't think I ever said anywhere where I think I have found the one and only truth.

How is it not reasonable to you?

Likewise I do not exclude myself from the statement and if you have read the rest of the thread I believe i/we cant know truth anyway. This is about our approach to truth not truth itself.

I never suggested there was or wasn't a "one and only truth" nor did I suggest you had stated it either way.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:21 AM
silent whisper

Quote:

If I perceive that I have found what I was searching for.......then I am the truth......I was looking for.

What I seek now is to enjoy my life...in the truth of who I am....simple really.

I think Jesus said one time ........I am the truth, the light...and something else...Shabby you there help me please? :)
Old 04-03-2012, 12:31 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
If I perceive that I have found what I was searching for.......then I am the truth......I was looking for.

What I seek now is to enjoy my life...in the truth of who I am....simple really.

But the point put to you is that its a belief of truth.

Your individual perception of truth is a belief yes?

By saying its a belief doesnt mean you cant enjoy your life with that belief.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
How is it not reasonable to you?

Likewise I do not exclude myself from the statement and if you have read the rest of the thread I believe i/we cant know truth anyway. This is about our approach to truth not truth itself.

I never suggested there was or wasn't a "one and only truth" nor did I suggest you had stated it either way.

You stated that you said something that applies to everybody. I don't even know what it meant, and I am not sure why you think it applies to everyone everywhere, but it seems to me that it stems from the way you think, but not necessarily how everyone else thinks.