Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Administrator
Hello

There are times when we can honour one's final wishes and times when we can not. Know that its understood.

I often get asked if one looses their Father first and there is a family plot where he has been placed but the Mother has moved on in life with a new partner and for what ever reasons she might have she does not wish to go besid him. Should that be done ? When she passes should the family go against what she wanted after he had gone ? Hard decission. Many a times its a financial one that makes that choice. As the plot has been pre paid and its economically how its best for the the family to handle it. Does she come back mad at them for that choice. NO. She has moved to Spirit and knows that there is simply a marker for her that shows LOVed one's where she is.

I remember when me Grandmother passed the dilema we came to find. It seems two days before she passed she took out her documents for her final wishes and made some HUGE changes to them. She had a plot picked and paid for. She no longer wanted it. She too was to be burried she no longer waned that. She wanted NO service at all where she had a full one planned. She wanted creamation and that was that. No ashes were to be picked up or anything done with them. NO service at all was wanted.

We struggled with that one and the family fought some over it all. Was not a fun time. Finally me and me Dad said we owed it to her to repsect that she made the changes and that the plot could be given to another family member in the contract. So we did that. We honoured her wishes. Her changes. Its always felt right to do that .

I so struggle going to a funeral as a Medium I have so many that come around me and have messages. Too even worse for me is a grave yard. I find as many do that its peaceful resting place yes but to its hard as once again there can be many come around one's like me.

It is understood that I have me body going to a major university for the unusual bone structure frame I have. NOW will that be honoured I dont really know. Me mate has always been against it. Me kids are ye to be of age to really understand why I would want that. So if it happens good if not will embrace their need to heal and move forwards.

Spirits do no hang persay around there grave but I have seen very many come and sit with family that goes to vistit there. I have over the year' s been sent many a photo where there is someone with them while there. There are many ways to remember a LOVe one.

A friend lost her Father and he was creamted and place at a Graveyard. Too they did something I found very touching bought a Picnic Table in a public park and put his name on it. I have sat at it many times and wow its a nice comforting place to be. Planting a tree is another nice thing to do, with a plaque.

While it hard to loose a LOVed on too they move to Spirit and we are left to worry on them still, trust in that LOVe lives on.

Lynn
Old 04-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfaMan
Hello all of you and regards for 2011.

I have often wondered what spirits think about their bodies resting places?

My wife wanted to be cremated, I found this hard but she was firm about it long before we had any idea she was going to go.

I come from a traditional burial family you see.

Anyway my wife's body was cremated and the ashes were mostly scattered on the memorial garden I made for her here at home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y89W96rosFc

But also small offerings were taken to special places to us.

While it was her wish and while I can see a lot of sense in this method I still find myself beating myself up! 'How could I let them burn her' and no permanent memorial.

Mum on the other hand was buried and I visit the grave as often as I can, fill up the bird feeder and tend to the plants etc.

Sometimes I stand there and look out over the probably thousands of stones and wonder at the sadness that each one represents.

But, I would like to know what spirit make of all this, do they hang around graves?
What about cremations?

A couple of mediums have told me that my wife attended her own funeral and was with me helping me to make the speech and that.
Don't know how I did it all so maybe she was, but is it not an odd feeling attending your own funeral?

I'd like some insight into this.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

when those in spirit have communicated to their loved ones here, I have personally noticed none of them dwell on their passing, or their final resting place as they know they haven't died, nor do they rest. They are more interested in speaking of happier times, and being remembered as they were when here in the physical world. Besides, they have far more interesting things to attend to in the world of spirit rather than visiting their graves.

I hope you don't object to me telling you of an experience that happened between my father and his mother. When she passed over she had left clear instructions that she was to be buried in the family grave. Unfortunately, there was no room available for her, which caused much distress and anguish for my father, who was responsible for carrying out her last wishes. The only solution he could arrive at, despite hating the idea, was to have her cremated and then scatter her ashes in the family plot. He felt he could never forgive himself as he strongly believed he had let her down.
However, when visiting a medium he was relieved and amazed to hear from her especially when she mentioned it was of no importance where her body was laid to rest or how it was disposed of. Finally, the burden that he had carried with him for years turned out to be the only thing that was laid to rest.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Administrator
Hey mike,

When we knew my husband was not going to survive the cancer that ravaged his body we spoke of being buried or cremated it was his wish to be buried,
even though i go to the cemetery and lay flowers i dont go very often,
i dont see the point hes not there, i paid a lot of money for his headstone because the marble i wanted had to come from italy, and i wanted a carving on it i designed the carving which made it personal to myself and my husband.
when i was growing up i used to sit in cemeteries for hours on end with my grandmother i was so peaceful so serene,
i used to see spirit visiting their graves while their families were there, it was just normal for me,
my husband came and told me he was surprised to see so many ppl at his funeral
even though he was and still is well thought off by many ppl. he didnt expect so many to be there,
myself im not bothered what happens to my body when ive passed over because it wont affect me. but my kids want me to be buried so they have somewhere to go.
its an individual choice but i wasnt my ashes to be scattered to the four winds,

Namaste
Old 04-01-2011, 10:00 PM
HalfaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcat
Revelation 2:23 Jesus shall kill (the rebellious) them with death.

Nahum 1:14 I shall make thy grave, for thou are vile.

What?
Old 04-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Guide
I really don't feel they care. Even if they are earth bond. Even
if they obsessed about it while they were alive. When they die
they remember all their past lives. So the vehicle used in
their latest reincarnation would be just one out of 50
or even 200+ lives. They care about their loved ones but I
see no reason why they would care about their body.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:40 PM
HalfaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
I really don't feel they care. Even if they are earth bond. Even
if they obsessed about it while they were alive. When they die
they remember all their past lives. So the vehicle used in
their latest reincarnation would be just one out of 50
or even 200+ lives. They care about their loved ones but I
see no reason why they would care about their body.

Hmm, I would not want to remember 100s of lives to be honest.
Its been my feeling that each life (if there are more than one) go to make you what you are now, thus when you pass over you are what you are but in spirit.
LOL but that is just the camp I sit in now and everyones thoughts are equally valid
Old 04-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Snowcat

Quote:
Revelation 2:23 Jesus shall kill (the rebellious) them with death.

Nahum 1:14 I shall make thy grave, for thou are vile.

Why has no-one taken on JESUS yet?

Old 05-01-2011, 08:56 PM
HalfaMan

Quote:
Why has no-one taken on JESUS yet?

Maybe he is being miss sold?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:26 PM
HalfaMan

Hi all, thanks very much for the constructive replies.

So to sum up then.

Spirit does not mind at all what happens to the body they had after death.

(why then are some spirits troubled if they did not get a proper burial)

Despite the long attachment to the body?

Grave or cremation makes no difference at all to the spirit?

Thanks

Mike
Old 06-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfaMan
Hi all, thanks very much for the constructive replies.

So to sum up then.

Spirit does not mind at all what happens to the body they had after death.

(why then are some spirits troubled if they did not get a proper burial)

Despite the long attachment to the body?

Grave or cremation makes no difference at all to the spirit?

Thanks

Mike

Hello Mike

I can only speak from how I have experienced things with the path as a Meduium I have had, and that is only who I see it does not make me right nor wrong just honset in whom I am.

There are many reasons why some Spirits ( Ghosts to me if they are Earth Bound and not crossed to the Light ) are not at rest in passing.

1) Sudden death that they did not maybe have the time to process happened

2) Soldiers under the Bush Govt. me and other's came to work with that did not feel they would go to war to die, as no retruning death was shown. Feeling of I am going for the benifits I will get. ( they are at rest now as war is real and young men and woman die ) Sadly.

3) Unfinished business now this can be on many a level. The need to solve why they died at times if it be at the hand of another, or to have family find sometnhing that is needed. ie here a Will or papers

4) Not feeling worth of the Light that is here for all to go to. Feelings of maybe at time 'sins' or other religious actions thought not followed through on. Suicides might well fall into here. Its not a 'sin' its at times a sad ending to a long struggle

5) The why me, the EGO at times that says I still have things to do, or the EGO saying I deserve more. ( Me Sister in Law fits here )

I be sure there are more I could well think in. So many I have come to meet wth and be blessed to not know in one's life but be touched by one's Spirit.

Lynn