Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 19-07-2014, 01:05 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
i'd like to add, if you drink soda, QUIT IT! lol it ought to tell you something when they use coke to clean battery terminals. :P

I drink it a few times a year maximum, although I do eat a lot of unhealthy food. That's no doubt a part of it, I'm sure.

Quote:
p.s. rather than a doctor then, perhaps a nutritionalist. you may have food allergies.

My records don't show any food allergies, and anything I ate yesterday was all stuff I've eaten before without a problem. I could possibly benefit from seeing one, regardless.
Old 19-07-2014, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator
By the way, if/when you visit a doctor, ask for a test for Helicobacter Pylori. As far as I know, this test is not invasive. And H-Pylori infection can be responsible for irritation of the stomach, and is not always spotted.

If you like Soda, why not turn to drinking sparkling water? I love it and it is refreshing...much better than 'flat' water!
Old 19-07-2014, 01:33 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I am so sorry you have been feeling so horrible recently!
I presume you have been to the doctor for full check-ups for your GI tract? Some of these can be a little invasive and you might not feel like doing it. I completely understand if so!
But it would be good to know if /if not -anything is physically wrong.

When I was a teenager I had stomach problems for a short time and was sent for a Barium test. That wasn't so bad. But other things can be a bit much. In my case it was gastritis of limited duration, and hasn't recurred in all my life. I have no idea what caused it!
Anyway, if the tests come up clear, have you considered that what is troubling you could be related to acute anxiety attacks?
Sometimes we get fixated about something that scares us, as a kind of 'disguise' for something else. Something deeper, or what we cannot find a label for.
In which case relaxation exercises including breath meditation may help you. Also focusing on something which brings you great joy or something you are good at creatively -may help.
Are you stressed, and all knotted up by something....work? Life? Love?

Strong Peppermint tea is a good remedy for nausea....likewise Ginger tea. Spearmint can help too. There are also homeopathic remedies which may help. Check it out on the Materia Medica. Some people disparage Homeopathy, but I have seen it work with animals (who know nothing of the 'placebo effect'.)

No, I haven't had my GI tract checked out because I have an easy gag reflex and would vomit all over the doctor/have a 10/10 panic attack if I had one of those cameras down my mouth...not doing that! My twin brother has GERD and has constantly refused that procedure, he's only done the liquid tests a few times but says he comes close to throwing up and freaking out, so that's why I like to (try to) solve these problems without a doctor.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was another symptom related to anxiety, I've read about mind problems manifesting in the body as a physical problem and it would make sense because I end up feeling sick in some way when my anxiety is high. I'm stressed out about work, life, and love, but only because of the lack of all three of those. I'm 20 and have little to no responsibilities of any kind because my anxiety got so bad in high school that I had to finish 11th and 12 grade online from home and it's predictably coasted into being at home for a few years after school's done. I had several "Brainwave Optimization" appointments over the past few months, so I'm not quite as anxious, but the mindset still exists and I've been going crazy for the past few months because I'm wasting my life away and doing nothing about it. That could probably cause some physical problems eventually, although the trouble with eating food has been recurrent for a very long time and usually begins in the Winter. It started again in late November, which is part of why I said I found this site when trying to look up what a reversed body clock schedule does to somebody. (I was getting up at 7-9 PM during Winter) Just that problem has caused me to stress out a bunch, although it seems to be slowly coming under control after taking tea for a few weeks and having a few acupuncture appointments.

I'll continue to drink tea, maybe using some mint from the garden instead of store bought stuff. Homeopathy is pretty interesting to me and I've been using a few supplements lately to see if I can grow taller. (thickening the vertebrae) I'll have to check it out tomorrow if I still feel bad.
Old 19-07-2014, 01:55 AM
Master

Well, since the law of attraction pointed you in the direction of the "spiritual"world, I think you should have at least one spiritually based answer :), some bang for your buck LOL.

So here is Abraham on Fear. Now I listened to this just now, and it is the not the best answer that they give for fear, but it does give a broad stroke of who they are and what they are about. You can also click on any others that might sound better to you as well.

Abraham is a group of nonphysical entities that Esther Hicks channels. She has been channeling Abraham for well over 25 years, usually somewhere in America every weekend. She is by far my favorite channel to listen to.

Here is Abraham on the vibration of fear. I typed in you tube, Abraham Hicks fear of throwing up, and this is the first one that popped up (law of attraction in action :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN70CxsO-1U

This one actually feels better to me. Dealers choice :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E_amc3odoU
Old 19-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Well, since the law of attraction pointed you in the direction of the "spiritual"world, I think you should have at least one spiritually based answer :), some bang for your buck LOL.

So here is Abraham on Fear. Now I listened to this just now, and it is the not the best answer that they give for fear, but it does give a broad stroke of who they are and what they are about. You can also click on any others that might sound better to you as well.

Abraham is a group of nonphysical entities that Esther Hicks channels. She has been channeling Abraham for well over 25 years, usually somewhere in America every weekend. She is by far my favorite channel to listen to.

Here is Abraham on the vibration of fear. I typed in you tube, Abraham Hicks fear of throwing up, and this is the first one that popped up (law of attraction in action :).

Thanks for recommending this, I was thinking about listening to these kind of speakers. I have to say that she (he) speaks really fast and impatiently, so hopefully I can get used to it. I've put on 6 or 7 of those videos and there is some good info. in there, but it's too fast paced for me to absorb much.

At the moment, my stomach feels considerably better compared to a few hours ago, so it might be completely fine by tomorrow. The urge to cough has gotten worse and is apparently related to GERD (which I've thought I could have for a long time), but for now I'll just let it be and possibly go away on its own. I've noticed that I never do myself any favors by frantically looking for cures and obsessively worrying over things.
Old 19-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Zack
Thanks for recommending this, I was thinking about listening to these kind of speakers. I have to say that she (he) speaks really fast and impatiently, so hopefully I can get used to it. I've put on 6 or 7 of those videos and there is some good info. in there, but it's too fast paced for me to absorb much.

At the moment, my stomach feels considerably better compared to a few hours ago, so it might be completely fine by tomorrow. The urge to cough has gotten worse and is apparently related to GERD (which I've thought I could have for a long time), but for now I'll just let it be and possibly go away on its own. I've noticed that I never do myself any favors by frantically looking for cures and obsessively worrying over things.

I remember when my husband and I were first listening to Abraham. He would get so frustrated that they talked so fast, that one day when we were listening, he got a piece of paper and a pen and wrote down what they were saying, and we would stop and start the audio so he could keep up. Then he read it over and over until he understood what they were saying.

They liken it to getting on a merry-go-round. I remember when I was little, there was one in a park my parents would take us too, and if there were kids on it, and it was spinning, I'd have to run on the outside of it to catch up to the momentum of it so I could get on.

A lot of their analogys are related to merry-go-rounds, because momentum is very real and sometimes we have to run for it to jump on!

I agree trying not to diagnose a symptom as something wrong with your body. It might be more useful to see if you can find out what it is trying to tell you. I know when one of my ears plugs up (which happens occasionally), there is something I am avoiding hearing, or when my back hurts, I have to ask myself, who am I carrying on my back? There can be an emotional reason for any physical symptom, if you look for it.

The only one I know who has documented this emotional connection is Louise Hay. I googled it and found this list on someone's blog, which lists the symptom, the emotional connection and the affirmation you can use to heal it (towards the bottom of the page, starts with A- Z.

http://www.souls-r-we.net/HealingthePhysical.html
Old 19-07-2014, 07:25 PM
VisionQuest

Quote:
I'm new to the forum, but didn't know what I could say in a welcome thread besides I'm fairly new to this spiritual stuff and my name isn't actually Zack.

Yesterday while going to get coffee, I became really nauseous in the car and began to shake. My brother expected me to go in to the store, so I didn't bother to beg him to go instead. I felt a bunch of childhood sensations of being sick coming back to me and probably looked like an idiot trying to order while shaking and bent over, I was very close to throwing up all over the floor. After barely surviving the ride home, I took pills for nausea, a prescription pill for anxiety, some mint flavored gum, and sat outside pacing around nervously for about an hour. I eventually had some Chinese tea I bought recently for "plum pit" sensation in my throat (I've had trouble swallowing food for several months) that also reverses qi flow for vomiting. While it's supposed to prevent vomiting, it tastes like puke and would likely trigger more of it if I had previously thrown up.

After a somehow trouble-free small dinner, I kept drinking ginger and peppermint tea while the nausea went back and forth. I went on this forum to look for suggestions, and tried apple cider vinegar + baking soda, as well as green tea with lemon juice, but the feeling is still there. Acupressure also did nothing, and it never has worked for me no matter what symptom of something I'm trying to work on. I expected to wake up during the night to throw up, but I slept for a solid 10-11 hours only to get up and have a similar weak "ughhh" sensation in my stomach.

The best way I can describe this feeling is that most of my gut area has a lightness to it that doesn't allow me to get comfortable when laying down, sitting, or standing. I also feel the need to try and cough (that might be a mental thing) and there's an urge to "reach" for throwing up by opening my mouth and letting it happen, although as far as I can tell, there isn't anything coming up and I'm not forcefully holding it back.

I'm absolutely terrified of vomiting due to many bad memories of it from when I was a kid. I haven't thrown up since early 2000 when I was 6, but I've more than "made up for it" with severe anxiety issues and constant nausea for most of my life. The nausea is usually excess air, mild sick feelings, or a small stomach ache, which doesn't bother me that badly, but actually feeling vomit coming on or expecting it to happen will instantly collide with anxiety and cause me to have a panic attack, most often with gagging/retching and hyperventilating, so I would really like to get rid of this feeling before I get into any of that again.

I haven't eaten too much in that past couple days, mostly because there isn't a whole lot around here to eat, and now also due to not really wanting to eat. I tend to feel okay while eating and for a while afterwards, but I keep thinking I got lucky and thus don't want to eat too much later in case I hit a breaking point.

Anyways, I apologize for the long read and really hope there's someone here who's managed to get over a similar issue in the past. Thanks!

Castor Oil Packs "The Oil That Heals" , Google it , get the book , learn the principles of it, apply what you learn. E-Bay has Organic Castor Oil for under $40 / gallon , you will likely need several gallons as it needs to fully penetrate the digestive system. EXTERNALLY! My daughter and I had the same issues, ONLY Castor Oil packs worked ~
Old 19-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Master
Quote:
I should really try eating yogurt, I hadn't considered that yet. Yes, it could be something I've eaten. I began to get sick yesterday about 25 minutes after eating a Pillsbury Mini Pizza, which I only ate because I was starving. I had one a few weeks ago and was fine, but maybe the fact that they come wrapped in packs of two (meaning yesterday's was frozen in a slightly open bag) had something to do with it, although that might be reaching. I'm not sure if food poisoning would take a full 24 hours or longer to make me throw up, which has me a little convinced that it's not going to happen. I wouldn't care if my (other end) was on fire and I had to set up weekend residency in the bathroom, just as long as nothing comes out of my mouth.

To clarify my original post, my sickness peaked at the beginning yesterday afternoon while I was freaking out and taking a bunch of pills/pacing outside. Since then, it's calmed down but I'm still not too comfortable.

Thanks for the helpful post!

The yogurt (I recommend Chobani if you can get it. I was eating "Greek yogurt" before--but it's worlds apart from Chobani. It is rich, thick and has many, many kinds of beneficial cultures in it)--the yogurt will help but eventually you will need to recognize your body calling attention to your own fears related to your gut, your basic well-being. It is the core of the "me" you are and problems with it indicate some imbalance in how you feel about yourself and your safety--either physically or spiritually.

Work on the physical, but don't forget what caused the body imbalance. That will deal with the problem once-and-for-all. But expect that it might take a while.

Lora
Old 20-07-2014, 12:08 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
I remember when my husband and I were first listening to Abraham. He would get so frustrated that they talked so fast, that one day when we were listening, he got a piece of paper and a pen and wrote down what they were saying, and we would stop and start the audio so he could keep up. Then he read it over and over until he understood what they were saying.

They liken it to getting on a merry-go-round. I remember when I was little, there was one in a park my parents would take us too, and if there were kids on it, and it was spinning, I'd have to run on the outside of it to catch up to the momentum of it so I could get on.

A lot of their analogys are related to merry-go-rounds, because momentum is very real and sometimes we have to run for it to jump on!

I agree trying not to diagnose a symptom as something wrong with your body. It might be more useful to see if you can find out what it is trying to tell you. I know when one of my ears plugs up (which happens occasionally), there is something I am avoiding hearing, or when my back hurts, I have to ask myself, who am I carrying on my back? There can be an emotional reason for any physical symptom, if you look for it.

The only one I know who has documented this emotional connection is Louise Hay. I googled it and found this list on someone's blog, which lists the symptom, the emotional connection and the affirmation you can use to heal it (towards the bottom of the page, starts with A- Z.

I initially considered not listening to any more because I'd have to write things down, but I remember doing that for Eckhart Tolle as well, so I might as well continue despite having to pause the video. Better than not understanding any of it, right?

The site you linked says the emotion related to stomach problems is "Dread. Fear of the new. Inability to assimilate the new." which makes a lot of sense because I'm always scared of new things and dread the time I'll have to try them out, but I don't see how saying "Life agrees with me. I assimilate the new every moment of every day. All is well." will fix the problem. I think I'm stuck in needing a physical method as a treatment, as my mindset is "I'm sick now and I need to do something right now for it to go away."
That's probably not a good way to think, although affirmations have always been a conflicting tool for me. I get why it works because negative thoughts will cause negative physical responses all the time (I'm nauseous again right now, and I'm a negative person), but relying on thoughts alone doesn't click with me at the moment. Possibly due to a lack of belief, although that is also a negative thought pattern.
Old 20-07-2014, 12:16 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionQuest
Castor Oil Packs "The Oil That Heals" , Google it , get the book , learn the principles of it, apply what you learn. E-Bay has Organic Castor Oil for under $40 / gallon , you will likely need several gallons as it needs to fully penetrate the digestive system. EXTERNALLY! My daughter and I had the same issues, ONLY Castor Oil packs worked ~

I found a PDF of the book online and have been reading it for a little while, it makes sense that castor oil could work. I'll finish more of the book and likely order some off Ebay, although it's too bad I'd have to wait several days for it to arrive.

As a few members' posts predicted/hinted at, the nausea has come back within the past couple hours although it's mostly confined to having a really weak feeling in my stomach again. I remember having this feeling for almost an entire Summer in 2008, and later included/led to asthma attacks and severe anxiety for years. Parts of this Summer feel like a reflection of 2008, so I'm getting scared lately over what else could happen. Of course, talking and worrying about it so much really doesn't do me any favors.