Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-08-2018, 10:28 PM
Master

When You Die, How Do You Want To Be Remembered?

After I die I really don't care how I am remembered. I am shaking the dust off of my feet and moving on.
Old 18-08-2018, 10:45 PM
Administrator
I would like to be remembered for what I am A Care Giver with lots of Empathy.

Its funny you asking this question now just before I went into hospital 6th august for another op .myself and two of my daughters went to the cemetery to put flowers on my husbands grave,
I started reading a headstone that had just been put down. I started laughing this person who's headstone it was must have had a good sense of humour it said do not knock I am not in I have gone to play golf. so I read a few more headstones another said I'm not in ive gone clubbing.

Namaste
Old 18-08-2018, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator
Someone said to me recently "If you died, I'd always remember how you made me laugh " And a woman I know said "I'll always remember how you always put fresh water outside your gate for dogs, and changed the water twice a day."
Both those are good, I reckon.

Someone I knew well passed last December. I always remember her kind Christmas gift 2016 of a hand-made beautiful little bowl, and how much trouble she went to to make that for me as a gift. Every time I look at it or hold it I see her character and good energy.
Old 19-08-2018, 02:29 PM
Master

Native Spirit, love it!

That is so sweet Tobi. I wasn't thinking in those terms.

Now that rethink my response I'd say if I could help someone on this forum (no one in my real world is in my realm of spirituality-they are either agnostic or Christian) along in their struggles. Or in helping someone understand. But when it's my time to go, I want to go secretly and quietly...alone. Just slip through to the other side.
Old 23-08-2018, 05:11 AM
Experiencer

About how you are remembered on Earth, your karma will be formed for the next life.
Old 23-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Master
For having abs and being sexy. That is the only thing of great importance in life. All else is just rubbish.

Old 23-08-2018, 07:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Considering the dead always easily end up forgotten, does it really matter?
I'll probably be remembered as that misanthropic loner, but who cares.
Old 24-08-2018, 01:02 AM
Guide

I feel the same way as Deb. I don’t care what people think of me after I’m gone...but I do want my children to look back and know they were loved more than anything....and that I went above and beyond what was ever shown to me from my parents, and shared all my experiences and spirituality with them so that they would be able to guide and navigate their way through this life.
Old 24-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Master
Mm...not sure.

Maybe that I am no longer a loser and instead actually living my soul's purpose?
Old 24-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Newbie ;)

What I've noticed: You all think about 'soul', but... aren't you grateful to body for everything you've received? For taste of delicious food, breeze of fresh air, laugh of the small children or beautiful images transmitted to your soul via eyes and the brain?
I'd love to honor my body somehow at the time of death. Not dump it anywhere, but pay tribute to it. This body should be remembered too, although it was only temporary.