Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2018, 07:06 PM
Knower
Angel1 Where do you Think we Go?

I know that this might not be the right place to put this, but I want to ask you, what do you believe about what happens after we pass on. For me, I believe in a variation of the Christian notions of Heaven and Hell. For souls who wish to stay with God or Jesus or whoever, they can live with him and his angels to be reunited with family and friends. If they want to visit the Earth again, they can be reincarnated into something else such as a human, animal or plant.

On the opposite side of the coin, I do believe in a divine punishment or what may be called by many "Hell", but not in the way that many Christians think. Instead of the standard lake of fire, I believe that an individual's experience is based on their fears and regrets. Likewise, I don't believe that everybody stays in punishment forever. I believe that some people only have a certain amount of time that they stay in punishment (Someone who was a vandal or thief stays in punishment for a few years before entering Paradise), but for those who have committed high-levels sins such as murder and rape stay in punishment for eternity.

Finally, unlike some faiths, I don't believe that suicide should not be punished by a deity. Let's say that Jim, who has been a good person by doing deeds such as donating to charity and volunteering at shelters and food pantries has signs of suicidal tendancies and sadly takes his life. Should he be judged based on the fact that he was suicidal or on the fact that he was a good person?

So all in all, what do you think happens after death if anything at all?
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."