Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 08:30 PM
developing1

Exclamation What's it all about?

Hi

forgive my ignorance but I'm not very knowledgeable about this religeon, can someone enlighten me:downtown: ?

best wishes

developing1
Old 02-10-2006, 02:02 AM
tiltjlp

Ask Alfie. Spirituality isn't a religion.

John
Old 02-10-2006, 12:25 PM
developing1

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
Ask Alfie. Spirituality isn't a religion.

John

My friend, perhaps you've misunderstood my question! I was asking what Judaism is all about, not spirituality

best wishes

developing1
Old 02-10-2006, 10:29 PM
BLAIR2BE

im not well read on this subject. from my humble understanding, the biggest difference between christian followers and jewish followers is: in christianity the savior/son of god has lived and will return... in judaism the savior/son of god has not lived and is expected. beyond this.... well, id like to know also...
Old 03-10-2006, 05:35 AM
imageimaginer

is this the religion with the Koran?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:25 PM
BLAIR2BE

i believe, the old testament (but not the new) is one of the "main" texts. not sure what else...
Old 07-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by developing1
Hi

forgive my ignorance but I'm not very knowledgeable about this religeon, can someone enlighten me:downtown: ?

best wishes

developing1

The biggest difference of course, (I believe) is that The Jews are still awaiting the Messiah .
Verses can be read in the book of Malachi., the last book of the Old Testiment.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:47 PM
angel

I believe the Jewish Bible is called the Torah. When the men pray at the synagogues (if spelt correctly) they wear little boxes on their heads which hold scripts from the Torah, to enable their prayers to be heard more effictively. Somrthing like that anyway.

Love and light
Angel xx
Old 22-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Cocaine Eyes

Yes, the Old Testament. The Torah. Judaism teaches discipline, as well as many other things. Hard to simplify.

Angel, what you are talking about is called Tefillin. They are used during the morning prayers on a daily basis, other than the Sabbath and holidays.
Closed Thread