Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 04-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Likes2Read

Red Sardonyx

Sometimes, I"ll place an order for a stone I hadn't encountered before, because it appeals to me when I'm looking through the catalog to replenish my materials.

Red Sardonyx is like that. I liked the daylights out of it from the moment I saw it, and that was BEFORE I saw it in person. It's a combination of Onyx (which occurs in many colors, not only in black) and Sard, a type of Carnelian. As such, it has all the grounding and energizing properties of both stones, and resonstes with the Root and Sacral Chakras (which govern the life force and the creative force).

And I didn't know, until I actually saw the stone in person, that some of the bands are translucent. Bonus! I love translucent stone. Because of this, I had to photograph against a white background, since using a dark background didn't do justice to the colors in the translucent areas of the stone.

I just got done listing these on my site. I'm very happy I discovered Red Sardonyx.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:29 AM
rosequartzcrazy

Wow!!
Beauttiful stones & love the way you have set them, so elegant.
Just looking at them made me feel happy
Old 05-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Master
Ahh Banded Carnelian, very nice.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Master
Hi :)

They look nice! I still keep an eye out for a darker Sardonyx tumble.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Likes2Read

In researching the stone, I also found that it's a popular medium for carving cameos. So is agate, and for the same reason: its color bands.

The carving is done so that the white or light-colored band contains the picture, and the background color is the darker band that lies behind the light band. True cameos are carved out of one piece of stone. I can easily see where stones with this deep orange and strong white combination would make a superb cameo.