Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 20-02-2020, 12:33 PM
Newbie ;)

Recommendation for stones for a tense household with a lot of unchecked energy?

Hi. I've been away from all this for years and just started working with stones a bit again recently. Short story - I'm living in a complex situation with a longtime friend. We both have very potent energy that we aren't very good at controlling and we're both going through a lot of health problems, healing, change, and difficulty. We're also very connected so our energies both are often overwhelming to each other, which just creates a feedback loop and makes things harder than they already are.

I'm looking for recommendations for stones that would absorb and protect, and help minimize this that I/we could put around the house. I know a bit, but not an expert, and I'm having a hard time coming up with the right thing.

Copper was my first thought but I believe it can also amplify energies which we certainly wouldn't want. I'm thinking maybe hematite? Maybe rough hematite. Maybe a black stone of some kind. Black tourmaline? I'm not sure and having hard time figuring it out. Recommendations?

It would also need to be something that isn't at all potentially harmful to a cat. I just learned about zeolite, which really interested me, but there's some debate on whether the dust or any handling might potentially be toxic to us or the cat. Also something I could hopefully get at least a good handful(ideally more) of without being super expensive.
Old 20-02-2020, 01:44 PM
Master
Selenite is always a good choice as it's very high energy, doesn't disturb anyone, and doesn't need cleansing.

Copper is a bad choice, very old way that isn't too handy (based on old Atlantean masculine energy, which is too controlling) AND copper will need to be discharged.
Black Tourmaline absorbs dense energies and will need to be cleansed regularly. At least once a week if it's that bad, maybe even more. So not a good choice either as people will forget to do this after a while.

You can add other crystals to selenite, depending on what you feel is required. Sit and feel. Does the house (and you) need more love, then rose quartz might be a good choice.
Does the house (and you) need more "sun" and positive feelings? Then calcite is a good choice, subtle, gentle, loving sun energy.
Does the house (and you) need more tranquillity -possibly in one room-, add amethyst.
And so on.
But do not forget to cleanse these other stones regularly!!! In water as water cleanses emotions.
Selenite can NOT be put in water, it doesn't need cleansing either, just daylight is enough.

And do not use tiny pieces of crystal, they'll get drained. Go for larger pieces, I'd say 10 cm minimum.
Old 21-02-2020, 08:12 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Selenite is always a good choice as it's very high energy, doesn't disturb anyone, and doesn't need cleansing.

Copper is a bad choice, very old way that isn't too handy (based on old Atlantean masculine energy, which is too controlling) AND copper will need to be discharged.
Black Tourmaline absorbs dense energies and will need to be cleansed regularly. At least once a week if it's that bad, maybe even more. So not a good choice either as people will forget to do this after a while.

You can add other crystals to selenite, depending on what you feel is required. Sit and feel. Does the house (and you) need more love, then rose quartz might be a good choice.
Does the house (and you) need more "sun" and positive feelings? Then calcite is a good choice, subtle, gentle, loving sun energy.
Does the house (and you) need more tranquillity -possibly in one room-, add amethyst.
And so on.
But do not forget to cleanse these other stones regularly!!! In water as water cleanses emotions.
Selenite can NOT be put in water, it doesn't need cleansing either, just daylight is enough.

And do not use tiny pieces of crystal, they'll get drained. Go for larger pieces, I'd say 10 cm minimum.

It's been a while, but I used to read a good amount about crystals(and have quite a collection I've worked with off and on). Pretty much every book I've read says to be a bit cautious(or sometimes a stronger warning) with selenite because of how powerful it is and that it strongly affects some people. I'm not meaning any offense, but I'm having a hard time understanding how that would be good for this. I have a smaller piece as well and it doesn't bother me really, but it's definitely an intense stone.

I'm thinking more of something that would only absorb, ground, or balance what energy is around it rather than something that "gives off" much on its own. I was just reading about shulgite. Any thoughts on this? Or maybe hematite?
Old 21-02-2020, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropoint101
It's been a while, but I used to read a good amount about crystals(and have quite a collection I've worked with off and on). Pretty much every book I've read says to be a bit cautious(or sometimes a stronger warning) with selenite because of how powerful it is and that it strongly affects some people. I'm not meaning any offense, but I'm having a hard time understanding how that would be good for this. I have a smaller piece as well and it doesn't bother me really, but it's definitely an intense stone.

I'm thinking more of something that would only absorb, ground, or balance what energy is around it rather than something that "gives off" much on its own. I was just reading about shulgite. Any thoughts on this? Or maybe hematite?
Selenite intense?? It's one of the most gentle crystals out there that is suitable for basically everyone, including children.
It is strong in it workings, but a very soft angelic energy.
It's even recommended if you want to make an energy grid in/around your house.

Shungite is more used for health as it can do great things. In a house... never heard of that and doesn't feel like a great choice. Plus, you'd need larger pieces, or several in one spot to function as a larger piece.
And... biggest drawback: It needs to be cleansed / given some time to recharge.
Old 21-02-2020, 05:47 PM
Guide

Quote:
Selenite intense?? It's one of the most gentle crystals out there that is suitable for basically everyone, including children.

Shungite is more used for health as it can do great things. In a house... never heard of that and doesn't feel like a great choice. Plus, you'd need larger pieces, or several in one spot to function as a larger piece.
I agree Selenite has a soft and angelic energy. Very pleasant.

Shungite is interesting stuff. The material has been used in Russia in rooms in the shape of tiles. It's also been used in health spa's. I have no idea if it needed cleansing but apparently even the Russian army used it.
Old 21-02-2020, 07:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylmar
I agree Selenite has a soft and angelic energy. Very pleasant.

Shungite is interesting stuff. The material has been used in Russia in rooms in the shape of tiles. It's also been used in health spa's. I have no idea if it needed cleansing but apparently even the Russian army used it.
You may want to read up on it! The health benefits of it are incredible. Even scientists are interesting in it for curing diseases I believe.
Also very powerful to fight antioxidants, especially if you drink shungite water which I do almost daily.
Also VERY great painkillers! I tape one on my neck regularly and leave it there for days until my skin begins to itch (usually from sweating or the glue from the tape).
It has kept me from taking many a paracetamol or even ibuprofen for years.
I have a neck injury which causes me a lot of grief. Instead of taking a painkiller I now first put the shungite on my neck. Sleep with it, shower with it and all.
But if you use it like that you also need to give it time to rest so it can recover. It is a powerful stone and can take a lot, but I do feel it needs that time 'off' after a few days of hard work. So when my neck is okayish I just leave it be in daylight or on the selenite wand.

I have another one -which is actually silver shungite, supposed to be even more powerful- that I use for making shungite drinking water. I use it 2-3 days on end, then also allow it to rest on/against a selenite wand.
I have another stone (Cradle of Mankind) that I like for making crystal water, so it's not a problem to allow the silver shungite a (few) days off.
Oddly enough this silver shungite didn't give me the 'painkiller effect' like the regular one does. Which is why I am using it for crystal water.

I've noticed bubbles appearing on the shungite when making crystal water for too many days in a row. So it does need cleansing/rest and recharging.
Old 22-02-2020, 10:27 AM
Guide

Quote:
You may want to read up on it! The health benefits of it are incredible. Even scientists are interesting in it for curing diseases I believe.
Also very powerful to fight antioxidants, especially if you drink shungite water which I do almost daily.
Also VERY great painkillers! I tape one on my neck regularly and leave it there for days until my skin begins to itch (usually from sweating or the glue from the tape).
It has kept me from taking many a paracetamol or even ibuprofen for years.
I have a neck injury which causes me a lot of grief. Instead of taking a painkiller I now first put the shungite on my neck. Sleep with it, shower with it and all.
But if you use it like that you also need to give it time to rest so it can recover. It is a powerful stone and can take a lot, but I do feel it needs that time 'off' after a few days of hard work. So when my neck is okayish I just leave it be in daylight or on the selenite wand.

I have another one -which is actually silver shungite, supposed to be even more powerful- that I use for making shungite drinking water. I use it 2-3 days on end, then also allow it to rest on/against a selenite wand.
I have another stone (Cradle of Mankind) that I like for making crystal water, so it's not a problem to allow the silver shungite a (few) days off.
Oddly enough this silver shungite didn't give me the 'painkiller effect' like the regular one does. Which is why I am using it for crystal water.

I've noticed bubbles appearing on the shungite when making crystal water for too many days in a row. So it does need cleansing/rest and recharging.
Interesting, I'm glad they really benefit you. I do have Shungite as I bought some but I never worked with it. Definitely will do that some day. Usually a crystal or stone will call me when it's time. At least that is how it feels. At the moment Opal is very much my stone, love the energy it radiates. Such a joyful and playful energy but in a strong way, not like a child's. Hard to describe.

For topicstarter I'm also thinking about Blue Calcite. This is relatively cheap and one of the most serene stones. You can put several around the house and calm the mood.
Old 22-02-2020, 11:39 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

Hmm. Well I definitely know I've read that, but obviously this stuff depends on the person. Maybe selenite is just bringing something up in me that's hard to deal with? I've got a couple in depth reference books. I'll refresh myself and maybe try to work with it a little more.

I'm definitely very interested in shungite though, and the water cleaning properties as well. I'm not sure if it's the best choice for this use, but I'm definitely feeling drawn to get some for something. I don't know if it's allowed to link or tell me this here, but are there any bulk suppliers or just good retail sites you're able to recommend that are trusted and good prices, etc? I've mostly just bought individual pieces in new age shops but I'm wanting to get some small bulk of a couple of things.
Old 22-02-2020, 11:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylmar
Interesting, I'm glad they really benefit you. I do have Shungite as I bought some but I never worked with it. Definitely will do that some day. Usually a crystal or stone will call me when it's time. At least that is how it feels. At the moment Opal is very much my stone, love the energy it radiates. Such a joyful and playful energy but in a strong way, not like a child's. Hard to describe.

For topicstarter I'm also thinking about Blue Calcite. This is relatively cheap and one of the most serene stones. You can put several around the house and calm the mood.

Blue calcite sounds... right. Possibly. I'll definitely look into this. And if you don't mind(and if it's allowed here?), do you have sites or bulk suppliers you prefer for buying stones? Most of what I have are just individual pieces from new age shops, but looking some small bulk of a couple types.
Old 22-02-2020, 04:36 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropoint101
Blue calcite sounds... right. Possibly. I'll definitely look into this. And if you don't mind(and if it's allowed here?), do you have sites or bulk suppliers you prefer for buying stones? Most of what I have are just individual pieces from new age shops, but looking some small bulk of a couple types.
You could try sites like eBay or Etsy (although in my experience some Etsy sellers tend to overprice, just compare sellers) and my advice would be to go for rough material if you want to keep the prices low. Blue Calcite shouldn't be too expensive to get. Another tip is you might look for Blue Calcite water stones. Some people use these to put in water and these often go in bulk and are way cheaper. Good luck! :)