Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 21-11-2016, 12:52 AM
Experiencer
Night sweats

Anyone else experiencing night sweats? Any chances this might be related to Kundalini? (again, hahahaha)
I've been having this for several years, but now it is starting to annoy me. I wake up with my hair completely oily, and this has also been causing acne problems on my skin. Sometimes it is so hot I get nightmares but usually I sleep well through it.
Old 21-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Master
Oh my - night sweats, oily hair, pimples - yup, yup and yup. It's either kundalini, hormones, or a combination of both.

I'm keeping well hydrated, sleeping with the window open and having a cool shower before I sleep - and no polyester or silk sheets - cotton for everything and no mattress topper - it makes it worse.

Night time humidity is the worst.
Old 22-11-2016, 01:07 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Oh my - night sweats, oily hair, pimples - yup, yup and yup. It's either kundalini, hormones, or a combination of both.

I'm keeping well hydrated, sleeping with the window open and having a cool shower before I sleep - and no polyester or silk sheets - cotton for everything and no mattress topper - it makes it worse.

Night time humidity is the worst.

Woowww so glad to know I am not actually the only who suffers from those terrible night sweats!!! It is just the WORST THING EVER...

Anyway, I am going to visit my doctor next week to see if she can helps me with this bad skin situation, it is getting out of control and I am already using all available products to prevent oily skin.
Also I am CONSTANTLY thirsty, 24/7, no matter how much water I drink, and I already raised my water consumption and got checked for Diabetes so I am running out of options here =(
Old 22-11-2016, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator
It's a good idea that you went to get checked for diabetes. Did they run a full blood panel?
Anyway, you could be thirsty because you actually lose fluid through sweating! Just as you would during exercise, and the body is compensating so you don't get dehydrated.

It could be hormonal changes. I don't know.

I had lots of night sweats in my thirties. Sometimes in my forties. Occasionally at the menopause but not as much as some get. Then after that -rarely. I got a full blood panel run by the doctor to rule out anything physical. Then I just shrugged and got along with it. It didn't make my skin or hair oily though.
I washed sheets a lot! lol

I did find out a personal silly idiosyncratic thing which may not be relevant for anyone else, and which is certainly counter-intuitive. I found that sleeping naked or with just bikini pants on I would break out in night sweats. If I wore night clothes I didn't! How weird. In my own case I think that when in deep sleep if I was slightly cold my body temperature thermostat would go up and it would make me sweat eventually to regulate temperature. When I slept wearing something it never happened. I'm not saying that would happen with you. I'm peculiar! haha
Old 22-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
It's a good idea that you went to get checked for diabetes. Did they run a full blood panel?
Anyway, you could be thirsty because you actually lose fluid through sweating! Just as you would during exercise, and the body is compensating so you don't get dehydrated.

It could be hormonal changes. I don't know.

I had lots of night sweats in my thirties. Sometimes in my forties. Occasionally at the menopause but not as much as some get. Then after that -rarely. I got a full blood panel run by the doctor to rule out anything physical. Then I just shrugged and got along with it. It didn't make my skin or hair oily though.
I washed sheets a lot! lol

I did find out a personal silly idiosyncratic thing which may not be relevant for anyone else, and which is certainly counter-intuitive. I found that sleeping naked or with just bikini pants on I would break out in night sweats. If I wore night clothes I didn't! How weird. In my own case I think that when in deep sleep if I was slightly cold my body temperature thermostat would go up and it would make me sweat eventually to regulate temperature. When I slept wearing something it never happened. I'm not saying that would happen with you. I'm peculiar! haha

Tobi, how interesting, it makes SO MUCH SENSE. I can only sleep naked (hahaha) so this might be part of the issue as well!! I will try to sleep with pijamas on tonight (even when I don't feel comfy sleeping on them) and see if it gets better!
Old 27-11-2016, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator
cdoliveira, I would be interested to know if that worked for you? But it might not work in a hot climate, when the cause of over heating in sleep might be obvious. I live in a place which is fairly cold most of the time.
Old 27-11-2016, 10:07 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
cdoliveira, I would be interested to know if that worked for you? But it might not work in a hot climate, when the cause of over heating in sleep might be obvious. I live in a place which is fairly cold most of the time.

Hi Tobi,

Yes, your statement seems to be legit!!! I had a sleepover on a friend's house on Saturday, so I needed to use a long shirt to sleep and for my surprise, when I woke up next day my hair was oily but MUCH better than it normally should be. I also noticed my skin was a less oily than normal.
How interesting is that!!!
Old 28-11-2016, 05:53 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoliveira
Anyone else experiencing night sweats? Any chances this might be related to Kundalini? (again, hahahaha)
I've been having this for several years, but now it is starting to annoy me. I wake up with my hair completely oily, and this has also been causing acne problems on my skin. Sometimes it is so hot I get nightmares but usually I sleep well through it.

At one point in time, I did have that problem, lasting for a while. Certain foods, and eating at certain times would affect the intensity of the night sweats too.

I don't know if my situation was the same as yours, because night sweats itself is only a symptom, which could be caused by different reasons. Mine was an imbalance, which I did not know at the time. Raisins could "cancel" the night sweating to a certain extent, but it doesn't address the root cause.

I adjusted my diet, and the night sweats went away.

I learned from herbalist and acupuncturists, by seeing them as a patient, over a long period of time, as my body has many problems. In the process, I learned that the body's energy is supposed to rise in the day and fall in the night. So towards the evening, I try to cool down my body, in sync with the natural rhythm of the day and night cycle, and so the night sweats went away.

Wanchain
Old 04-12-2016, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator
I did feel instinctively that the sweating was a way of detoxing. Sometimes even after a broken sleep with waking soaked in sweat....I would feel so much stronger and better energy the next day. That was what made me wonder....did it need to be stopped? Or was it showing me something I needed?

I drank lots of water and ate good healthy food, and did some useful exercise which would make me sweat in the day. Then often I didn't get a night sweat.

Sage is often used against night sweats, but I never used it as I didn't want to suppress anything.
Likewise a tea made from strawberry leaves.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:01 PM
Guide
Theres something about sleeping on our back which causes apnea, snoring, sweating, and more intense dreams. Try your side if u dont already... Oh and use bamboo sheets