Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 03-02-2019, 05:19 AM
janielee

With all the information about how evil Facebook is, I'm surprised Governments have done NADA...
Old 03-02-2019, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
With all the information about how evil Facebook is, I'm surprised Governments have done NADA...
Governments or better their secret arms need places like Facebook, Google, Twitter
Old 03-02-2019, 04:06 PM
Master

I dont see face book or any other part of the net/web as evil , just ever thing is open for ever one to see . Different groups will try to push there agenda .
Old 03-02-2019, 04:18 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
I dont see face book or any other part of the net/web as evil , just ever thing is open for ever one to see . Different groups will try to push there agenda .

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a2...line-security/

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/29/b...?module=inline

http://time.com/5505441/mark-zuckerb...book-downfall/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-after-crisis

https://www.forbes.com/sites/enrique...g-differences/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/17/face...ate-users.html

etc etc etc

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...delete-account
Old 03-02-2019, 04:20 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Governments or better their secret arms need places like Facebook, Google, Twitter

True, Facebook co-operated with many organizations - didn't they give data to some of those political organizations?

And this: Facebook shares members' private messages with Netflix, Amazon, Sony etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...microsoft-sony

Facebook spies on users' private messages and WhatsApp founders left because of privacy conflicts:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoff...nd-data-again/
Old 03-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Master

I intend to stay on face book and other parts of the net , with the understanding that my posts are being used, and they use the sites to sell stuff and push agendas . My kid is an adult, but if I had young kids using the net , I would want to know what they were watching and posting on the net .
Old 09-02-2019, 09:09 PM
Master
I'm surprised so many people are against facebook when in reality it is just an amazing social platform that we have control over our experience with. We get to create our own page and choose our friends there or what groups we visit, etc.. so I do think there are definitely waste of time awful ways to use facebook, and I am glad I don't use it some of the ways I used to.. but overall I met a lot of incredible people on there and in recent years used it as a great place to learn and teach, and share words, philosophy and art.

I first joined facebook only to play a game that my sister wanted me to play.. and I met some sweet friends through the games I've played on there, which namely were just two main games ever, one which still exists and I miss playing. Both games were awesome artistic outlets and when I found ir too easy to neglect a lot of my hobbies it was easier to honor the creative side of myself by making art in the games. and in the latter game, now called Yoworld, you can do all sorts of imaginative things, designing your rooms/house and outfit looks, and also hosting events to meet up with strangers or buddies on there.

One of my favorite things to do in that game is host pageants. I love decorating rooms with different themes and there are so many objects in that game you can create all sorts of ambiances. So you post an event and people come and then when you begin, you give everyone a theme to dress to. I love making up the themes too, usually magical type of ones like 'Guardian of the Wind' or 'Genie that escaped and granted itself three wishes' or 'Guest at Glitter Gala' etc.. those are all Gs coincidentally lol but you get the idea, you can think of anything. and then see what interesting results people come up with their own interpretations! The main generic themes new players usually start using or that we used back when they were a new thing are ones like Prom, Beach, Goth etc lol.
You can make other games and events to invite people to too. lol we once made our own Jerry Springer show and omg it was one of the most hilarious things I've ever done.. you had to be there of course, but we had stories like 'Santa Admits He's Actually a Jew' and silly stuff like that. and the thing about this game is that the graphics, while some objects or scenery components are impressive, overall it has a real cartoony look, so it's humble and whimsical rather than too realistic looking or sleazy such as some other online games.

I want to add that in the first game I played on there when I joined for my sister, I met someone who became my best friend and she actually eventually ended up flying me to visit her and her husband in Arizona, and she is the person who opened me up to my spiritual path! that game was called Fluff Friends and was less involved than Yoworld, basically you have a page or habitat you design for your lil pet and there wasn't a lot more to it besides a forum where some socialized, and on there we did things like Giveaways and Raffles which I had an awesome one which a lot of people enjoyed as I recall. In that game I had found people on facebook who used to play but didn't any longer and they had rare items on their accounts so many were happy to give them to me or trade for something else.. items which also could be bought with real money through the game, but you didn't need to pay to play.. anyways I got real rich in the game so that was fun being able to spoil people. and I'm pretty rich in the other game but I also put money into it cuz I figured I'd rather spend time playing that game than say going out to eat and drinking and getting fat and a hangover lol so I justified it that way but anyways I also did some investing in items and hoarding and such.

Ok well I haven't been playing that game for a long while now but I need to start again. harder now with a growing baby daughter but anyways. I don't post on facebook very much, though part of the reason has to do with me feeling weird and kind of fake when going there, like I don't have anything worthwhile to say anymore or I said it all.. but I feel bad not going there because it's a place that's meant a lot to me.
I did waste too much time arguing with people, about health and other awakening things, especially the bad stuff like illuminati and messed up stuff they create in the mainstream and such, and I'd get mad too often.. but all the while I was learning about good things too, and actually I woke up to positive spiritual things first before that other stuff.. I guess I just got a higher degree of education quickly in the negative stuff and finally was lucky to realize it's best to focus on light and shine that on darkness instead of using darkness to try to rid darkness cuz that doesn't really work..

but ok so the things I used to do, besides discussing and reading on random pages and links people posted, is some simple lovely things on my page. I also was writing random thoughts, musings and philosophy in notebooks a lot at the time, in the earlier part of the last 5 or so years.. So I would pick a piece of Art or something cool to look at, or also a link sometimes with information about healing, herbs, techniques, insight, etc.. and I would usually think up a quote to go along with it. sometimes I shared others' quotes or art with them of course, but you get the idea. and I found some really precious art online and saved like thousands to my computer lol.. and sometimes I would write a quote then pick the art but sometimes the opposite.. Idno it was just special and I think I came up with some really worthwhile stuff. and some people told me I inspired or helped them in ways, with the in-depth knowledge and facts I shared, or a simple sentence or phrase..

I learned a lot from others and found comfort with the family that I felt I have there.. I had people think I was their enemy at times, especially when I was arguing a lot more in earlier days, but overall I felt supported and believed in by people there.. and met people that I love even if I never met them in person, probably like some have made connections here. actually I only have had one friend like that from these forums, but numerous from facebook, and some I did end up meeting in person too.

It can be a wonderful place. or a waste of time and energy... your choice truly.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:48 PM
Master
I tried Facebook about 8 years ago. I never really got into it. Never made time for it. Guess i am strange.