Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 23-01-2019, 02:29 PM
Knower

OBE/Astral Projection Wannabe

I'm aware everyone has their own way of experiencing an Out of body Experience or Astral Projection. I was hoping those whose first attempt was not a spontaneous occurrence could share their experiences or how-tos.

Personally, I found the structured 30 Day Lucid Bootcamp course, where you had a couple of actions to do each day allowed me to experience lucid dreaming three days into it. However, I'm finding trying to astral project much harder. When I was successful with lucid dreaming it would be in the last hours of sleep and especially after I had gotten up and then gone back to bed.

So far I've tried focussing outside of my body before falling asleep and all I remember is I let go of that focus just before I drift off. I've visualised being on a bed of clouds or focussing on my big toe (Drawn from techniques in books) I also tried doing the same thing during the day and ended up napping instead. The best I've got is lying on my back during the day and experiencing deep relaxation and my body tingles like pins and needles - nothing intense and an hour passes and nothing else happens.

My personal characteristics: I fall a sleep on my side and I am quite visual.

Any know how is much appreciated, just have to get past this first hurdle I suppose =]
Old 23-01-2019, 03:28 PM
Administrator
Hello

I came into this life being able to just go off into Astral. In school report cards said I was "always in a state of daydreaming but when called on I was aware of where the lessons were. " I have three children that can do the same and school had conflicts with this issue until I explained how it works.

I thought this something everyone could do but it was one of those "we dont talk about it things" to come to find Robert Bruce and what he taught on the topic we call Astral Projection. Taking workshops to see how it worked as I had to learn it from the revers perspective of how others get to being able to do it, when I could just do it.

I will come back here after work and share some insights i have on the topic. I have taught workshops on the topic, but its not something that comes easy to do at times.

Lynn
Old 23-01-2019, 04:12 PM
Knower

I look forward to it, Lynn =]
Old 23-01-2019, 04:40 PM

1. You have to learn awake your consciousness during dream time so that you can have lucid dreaming
2. You have to initiate astral projection process. For me it means during lucid dreaming time with my astral body look up into sky right 90 degrees upwards and to see a star. Than process for me is activated. You can use rope technique. It helped me. Are you familiar with it? You have to be ready for scary experience. You will feel electrized body. That feeling can not be mistaken with something else or you can not notice it. So when people ask - i dont know? Did i had a dream or was it OBE? Than they had a dream because its impossible to not notice and not know this experience and mistake it with dream. After electrized body you will feel like you are climbing into vortex and a disturbing sound starts zooming louder and louder. You will start to feel opposite feelings, your body will be heavy as rock and in same time you will feel like your astral body is departing from it. The sound and electrized feeling will go full max amount. And than question comes to you - do I go all the way? Will I be able to come back (spoiler alert - you will be able to go back)? Will I die? It took me many times to stop process there and not to go all the way. And there is no shame to chicken out. But I did it. After that process goes faster. More like when you take your car to drive for some products. Anyway - scary part will be main chalange.

Also a tip - drink glass of water before you go to sleep, wake up earlier than usu and go to toilet. Look into mirroe and say to your self that you will now go to sleep and will come to this mirror with your astral body. After few weekd you will know how to initiate process for OBE. What will you choose to do it with it - its up to you. And you should know how to protect your self and not be like a country girle who just came to New York.
Old 24-01-2019, 04:10 AM
Knower

Thank you for your input, Answer =] I haven't had any success yet trying to activate an astral projection when lucid dreaming. I'd think 'I'm now going to astral project' it would just take me to another supposed dream of what it thought an astral projection was but like you say there's that electricized body feeling and roaring sound I've heard of but yet to experience. I'm possibly not doing it right. While I'm usually in buildings in my dreams, I will try the 90-degree upwards and see a star. And drinking water before bed.

The mirror technique is a bit too frightening of a prospect to do in dream-state personally, due to conditioning from some scary movies I watched as child. I will try it once I become familiar with being able to astral project, though =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer
And you should know how to protect your self and not be like a country girle who just came to New York.
That's hilarious - will do =] Can you call on your power animal or guardian angels? That's what I thought I may do.
Old 24-01-2019, 05:36 AM
Administrator
Hello

Here are a couple of different teachings. It takes patience and it takes that learning to shut out the brains "logic" center and learn what is intuition or gutt feelings that will tell you if the experience is real.

There too is the Heavy Exit, or Torso Energy Surge that comes into the mix. At times there is that feeling of being pinned down or you even have a fear where you grab the edge of the bed like you holding on for dear life. For me it is not uncommon to have sexual arousal. For woman you can experience at times orgasm.

Many find the Astral Travel thing hard to obtain.

This was given to me a long long time ago before I knew what I did naturally was Astral Travel.

Quiet your mind. Clear you thoughts. In your mind think....

" I am going to countdown from 3 - 1, visualizing each number on a white ball of light suspended in the air above my head. When I reach that third and final (1) my body will be deeply relaxed. I will have no awareness of physical sensations. I will not perceive of any physical discomforts. My consciousness will be focused on my Astral Body."

Starting with the number three visualize the White ball of light and start to relax the body. Do this three or four times.

Then move to the number 2 your now in an even greater state of relaxation. Your now aware of physical sensations or vibration, your getting ready entering your Astral Body. Again do this three of four times.

Then move to the number 1 your consciousness is now in your Astral Body. Again do this number 1 three times. This will hold you in your Astral Body state. There is no time frame involved the best thing do to though is to try and keep mind "chatter" down. This is idle thoughts that get in the way. The best way to handle these thought is simply to push them away as they come to you some use a broom and sweep them.

Hope that this might help some. Too patients nothing happens over night.....

The Astral Rope

What is the ROPE; well it is an imaginary tool that is used to aid in the Astral Projection process.

This is a good projection method if one has good powers of concentration.

What you do is attach an imaginary rope to the ceiling. Make it a strong and thick climbing rope.

To start to use the rope first make sure that you are prepared by having done a mind clearing and relaxation exercise.

Once this done reach out with imaginary hands to the rope. Go hand over hand slowly up the rope. It is not uncommon that you feel dizzy or a feeling of vertigo. This is simply the body loosening form the mind’s control. This will take a few times to clear and balance out. Too one might have to deal with the fear of falling.

Keeps climbing hand over hand going upwards? As you climb you will start to have a heavy feeling to the body note this and simply keep climbing. As you go higher you will start to feel vibrations in the body and might well start to feel parlayed. Do not give into this feeling keep climbing.

Next you will feel you- self-coming free from the body and there might well be a “buzzing” around you or in your ears. Concentrate thought this seeing that the rope is there beside you. You are now FREE from the body.

The good thing with the rope method is that the ROPE is like a safety net for you to come back to and climb down.

The Monroe Method Astral Projecion

I thought I would post one method I have personally tried and had success with and that many I know that I have told of this said its amazing.

The Monroe Technique (one of the most know methods)

Step One:
Relax the body. While Monroe offers not method for this (the one I find works the best is simple muscle relaxation exercise put together with deep breathing. I have had ones say up to 100 times is needed for some.) Muscle exercises can be shoulder rolls, arm and leg twist, ankle and wrist rolls ect.

Step Two:

Enter the state bordering sleep. This is known as the hypnotic state of being. Once again Monroe does not offer a method for this. One way is to lay in bed holding your forearm up while keeping your upper arm on the bed. The other method (I like this better many laying in bed fall a sleep) Sit on the floor and focus on an object. When other images or lights start to enter your mind then your entering the hypnotic state. Passively watch the images. This will also help you maintain this state of near-sleep.
(too it takes patients and practice) This is condition A

Step Three:

Deepen this state. Begin to clear you mind. Observe your field of vision through your closed eyelids at the blackness in front of you. After a while you might start to notice light patterns. When they cease, one has entered Condition B. From here you must enter an even deeper state of relaxation which is Condition C-- a state of such relaxation that you lose all awareness of the body and sensory stimulations. You are almost in a void in which your only source of stimulation will be your own thoughts.

The ideal state for leaving your body is Condition D the best time to find this stage is right when you wake in the morning or right after a nap. Its the deepest level that you go to before travel begins. Before the vibrations start.

Step Four:

Enter the state of vibration. This is the most important part of this technique, and also the most vague. Many projectors have noticed these vibrations at the onset of projection. What you feel might be a mild tingling, or an electrical current type feeling going through your body. Some say this is that Astral Body trying to leave the Physical Body.

For entering into the vibrational state Monroe offers the following directions:

1) Remove all jewelry, or other items that might be touching your skin.

2) Darken the room so that no light can be seen though your eyelids, but do not cover your eyes with a mask.

3) Lie down with your body on a North- South axis, with your head towards magnetic North. ( again in bed many fall a sleep more likely to stay awake on the hard floor.)

4) Loosen all clothing, but keep covered so that you are slightly warmer than what would be normally comfortable ( your body temperature goes down in this vibrational state)

5) Be sure you are in a location where, there will be no noise to distract or disturb you.

6) Enter the state of relaxation.

7) Give yourself mental suggestions that you will remember all that occurs during the upcoming session. Repeat this 5 times so it sticks well.

8) As your breathe, concentrate on the void in front of you.

9) Select a point a foot away from your forehead, then change your mental reference to 6 feet .

10) Turn the point 90 degrees upward by drawing an imaginary line parallel to your body axis up above your head. Focus there and reach out for the vibrations at that point and bring them back into your body.

Even if you do not know what these vibrations are, you will know when you have achieved contact with them.

Step 5:

Learning to control the vibrational state. Practice them by controlling them by mentally pushing them into your head, down to your toes, moving them and surging them through your whole body. This is also know as the wave effect they move through the body like waves going in and out. Once you have a handle on this then your ready to leave the body and travel.

Step 6:

Begin with a partial separation. Keep your mind firmly focused on the idea of leaving your body. Do not let your thoughts wonder doing so might cause you to loose control.
Now having entered the vibrational state, begin to explore the OBE by releasing only a hand or foot of the "second" body. Do this til you come to contact a familiar object, such as a wall. Then push through that object. Then return that limb by bringing it back into the physical one. Start out slowly patients and practice.

Step 7:

Dissociate from the physical body. One method is to simple lift your body, think of it getting lighter and lighter entering the vibrational state. Think about how nice is would be to fly upward and free from the physical body.

The other method is "Rotation Method" or "Roll Out" . When you have achieved the vibrational state, try rolling over as you would do in bed. Do not attempt to roll over physically.

This one is more complex and I find it works well for one's that have real trouble letting go of the physical.

For me coming into life being able to think and go, even as I am typing here a part of me is outside me working on something else.

I can Remote View, Astral Travel, Travel with those in Spirit, Shape Shift. The last the Shape Shifting I did have to learn and it took me almost a year to perfect. Did it only once as its a HUGE energy drain.

Lynn
Old 24-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Knower

You're a legend! Thanks, Lynn =] I especially like how you describe what it may feel like and what you could be experiencing at each stage. I'm going to start with the astral rope and go from there! Yay
Old 24-01-2019, 11:22 AM
Master

Wow Lynn, such awesome info, thank you so much!

I have been outside my body a number of times and have travelled astrally, in very deep meditation, which you describe as state D here. I find it hard to achieve such a deep meditative state, so it mostly happened spontaneously. I was doing most of the meditative techniques described here on my own, it is nice to know that others also do them.
Old 25-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have come to find that with meditation you have to really set the "intentions" for it before you start. That you have to remember to Ground and to be with those that can protect you. When doing mediation for Astral Travel I do like to suggest that if your alone some sort of alarm or timer is set to bring you back out again.

When I was part of a Crystal Bowl Meditation group she would play a wind chime at the end to gently bring us back out again, instead of just her voice, as she found that I and a couple others were out there pretty far. For me too hearing voices is the norm as a Medium I hear so many.

I like to have a visual or sound that connect you to the Earth Plane still. We have to always remember that we have a very logical brain that too is very protective but also very visual in what we can imagine or create. Reality is a fine line I have found and in really learning to hear intuition or feel the gut helps out a lot. Taking things slow and in stages not trying for it all now.

Respect the boundaries, listen to the body, listen to your Guides, and trust in that its a process.

I know that for me its so many lifetimes in and out of the same Soul Family that got me to this point in this lifetime, but too its a blessing and a curse at times I walk in balance with.

Lynn
Old 26-01-2019, 04:39 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
I have come to find that with meditation you have to really set the "intentions" for it before you start.

That's such a good point. You do this when you do past/future lives regression, shamanic journeying, lucid dreaming so why wouldn't it be the case for meditation. The more concise you are about where you want to steer yourself the better the level of insight.

Thanks, Lynn.