Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 16-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Master
Who here thinks green Tea is extremely calming

I have an anxiety disorder and am on meds for it. Recently I've been drawn to drinking green tea, and when I say drinking I drink a whole load at a time, maybe about .75liters of it and I find that for the rest of the day I'm so calm that at times I don't need my meds for anxiety.
I know green tea has Thiamine in it that is the relaxing agent. I just want to hear if anyone else has had this effect.
Spiritlite
Old 29-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Gerryh

Careful about your blood pressure lowering too much from Green tea.Friend of mine had a stroke from too much green tea.Otherwise it is very healthy for you.
Old 29-10-2010, 02:56 PM
LightFilledHeart

Is green tea naturally caffeine free?? I have had it both ways.
What is in it that lowers blood pressure to dangerously low levels? I had not heard that. Thanks in advance for your answer!
Old 29-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I have an anxiety disorder and am on meds for it. Recently I've been drawn to drinking green tea, and when I say drinking I drink a whole load at a time, maybe about .75liters of it and I find that for the rest of the day I'm so calm that at times I don't need my meds for anxiety.
I know green tea has Thiamine in it that is the relaxing agent. I just want to hear if anyone else has had this effect.
Spiritlite

I drink alot of green tea and I am pretty calm but I haven't made that connection.
I just wanted to note, in case you didn't know, that milk negates the effects of green tea so it is best to drink it "green".
James
Old 29-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Master
yeah I don't put milk in my tea thanks WhiteShaman.
Spiritlite.
Old 29-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Kapitan_Prien

There is L-Theanine in Green Tea

You can buy L-Theanine by itself in capsules as I used to take it.
Old 29-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Master
Yeah I take l theanine too and it really seems to help.
Spiritlite.
Old 29-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Kapitan_Prien

It's helped me for quite some time - I've pretty much tried it all: Valerian (and one year I had been so distraught that I took 6 caps. a day and it didn't do me any good in relaxing me), Passionflower (only at night), Melatonin (again only at night), L-Theanine (day and night was ok for me)...but I'm finding that Ashwagandha helps me the most because it helps me get very good sleep.
Old 29-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Master
Ashwagandha huh okay is that a herb?
Spiritlite.
Old 29-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Yes it is.

I got it to help with my CFS

• Reducing Inflammation – According to a study published in the Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, ashwagandha inhibits inflammation in animals, and many herbalists believe the plant may have the same effect on humans. Ashwagandha is often used to treat arthritis and other chronic inflammatory diseases.
  • Treating Stress and Anxiety – Because the herb is a calming adaptogen, it's frequently used as a natural treatment for anxiety, stress and stress-related ulcers, and insomnia caused by stress or anxiety.
  • Treating Exhaustion – The ashwagandha herb is a popular choice for individuals suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and exhaustion.
  • Increasing Weight – A study published in the Journal of Research in Ayurveda & Siddha performed on underweight children found that body weight and red blood cell count improved significantly after patients took the herb for 60 days.
  • Improving Immunity – Ashwagandha has been shown to stimulate the activation of immune system cells such as lymphocytes in a study published in Phytomedicine in 1994. Herbalists often prescribe the herb for individuals suffering from infections or weak immunity.
Other traditional ashwagandha benefits include preventing cancer, treating senile dementia, enhancing sexual function in men, increasing fertility, inducing sleep and enhancing physical performance in sports, although all evidence is anecdotal and no supporting scientific studies exists to support these claims. The plant's leaves and bark are also sometimes applied externally to sores and swollen, inflamed skin.