Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Old 04-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Knower
Man, I missed this place. I had to re register, I managed to register with my old username.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Master

Well done on the moderators in getting Spiritual Forum working again. Thanks to Xan and Lynn for getting the forum going by putting in a lot of threads. It is a shame that the threads are lost. We have to move on and be grateful that Spiritual Forum is working again.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Honey mead

Yes thank you all so much for your collective efforts to bring the site back up and running again. I was really worried that the site wouldnt be back again
Old 05-10-2010, 06:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
We signed up for a new web host when we put up this new version of the site yesterday. The old site was hosted on Easyspace in the UK and they were a real pain to deal with because you had to pay international long distance rates and they only answered phones during business hours and the 8 hour time difference meant you could only reach them in the early morning. Now they've told us that they can't even give us a backup of the data that they lost. Sometimes data corruption is unavoidable but they've just been really difficult so we're excited to have switched to a managed VPS located in the US. This new server has 24/7/365 telephone/chat/email assistance and they do weekly backups. And the price is about the same as the other one.

In my view, the ability to back up the forum information to your computer is the only feature of their service that would interest me. Most discussion groups use data base systems that allow for this ability. Any provider can have business problems that put them out of business. Your only true safeguard is backing up the data yourself.

John
Old 06-10-2010, 05:41 AM
Homeward Bound

Welcome back Spiritual Forums! So sorry that so much was lost.

I've been a 'lurker' here for a few years and enjoyed many of the beautiful posts and messages.

I'll try and participate a little more, but i have little to add in terms of spiritual experience/knowledge compared to many on here.

Last edited by Homeward Bound : 06-10-2010 at 05:48 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Knower
Hey, I cant stay signed in :(
Old 07-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Master
Hi Sarah ... did you tick the little 'Remember Me' box where you first log in?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Knower
Yes I did :)
Old 07-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Master
"My Posts" tab

I hope the "My Posts" tab can be reinstated. It was such a handy feature.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Rumar

Why but of course, it's obvious we're going to need to get back under construction. Here's some mods/hacks I would strongly suggest:
1) AE Detector (IP Address to make sure no trolls) you had before
2) Awards System (very awesome little trinket for eye candy)
3) Forum Life Statistics
4) That My Posts you guys had before
5) Chatbox (Try MCG)
6) Youtube, Live Leak, and Flash BBCodes