Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 05-11-2011, 01:34 PM
mattie

Some Myths Turn Out To Be Very Real

Pompeii, which was buried by volcanic ash was considered to be a myth or legend for centuries BEFORE abundant evidence of it was found. Just like we found evidence that Pompeii was VERY real it is likely that we will find that many of the figures claimed to be legends were actually here.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Medium_Laura

So true Mattie!
Old 05-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Master
Caroline Myss takes a Jungian view to see Merlin as a useful "archetype" people can identify with sometimes: link

If there was a historical person named Merlin, he was probably a Druid associated with a Mystery tradition related to King Arthur... some tarot enthusiasts are into this... It's nice because it gives Western culture its own authentic mystical tradition... and the knights were the exemplars of this. Probably Wiccans know more about it...
Old 05-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Master
" Probably Wiccans know more about it"

Doubtful since Wicca only came into being in 1950's. I did read somewhere that Merlin might not be a name but a hereditary title.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
More would be interesting. Is this the http://www.vortigernstudies.org.uk/a...estsheila2.htm link you posted?

No. It's in some stuff I downloaded from Cymry Gwyddoniad. I have the downloaded material but not sure now about the exact link address. Will have to dig for the PRECISE address

Best way is to PM me an e-mail addy and I can attach the entire file

Last edited by norseman : 07-11-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 20-11-2011, 02:47 AM
blackflame

I think people would always amplify stuff just to get a better story out of something, but he was a real person.
Old 20-11-2011, 05:15 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
" Probably Wiccans know more about it"

Doubtful since Wicca only came into being in 1950's. I did read somewhere that Merlin might not be a name but a hereditary title.

That's what he tells me at least. Never read it. When I asked his name he said, I'm called "Merlin"but that is my title, not my name.
Old 21-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Administrator
There are a lot of legends from wales Merlin being one of them. as the legends go through the ages they become myths.
the druids were the story tellers from the celtic nation. these legends hold more truths than people think. there is one pacific legend that shows that the legend to be true you can see it when the water level falls,and the village that was drowned to provide water to england,that will prove to be true, the church bell can still be heard ringing.

Namaste
Old 21-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Experiencer
Thanks for all info, very interesting.

Native spirit what is the name of this village? I suddenly have this urge to google and read more.
Old 22-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Hi maynah.

The village is called CAPEL CELYN it is in bala which is not far from here,they drowned the village to provide liverpool with our water,

Namaste