Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Deactivated Account
Searching for something with an OBE

Hello, last night I went to bed hoping to dream the location of a missing object. I ended up having my first OBE. I started the search but after what felt like 5 minutes into it I was overwhelmed and retreated.

Has anyone here successfully located an object with an OBE? Ty
Old 20-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Experiencer

Not me.. I'm only getting back into it, and it's taking a bit of practise to get right. As a kid, I was more interested in exploring, and didn't really have any practical uses for it.

My mum used it regularly to find things, check up on people she cared about, explore areas, and more. I used to see her in astral form when she visited me.

Finding things with your astral body can be a bit tricky if you're not conscious enough. There's often a vagueness about your surroundings, as in, you're slowly crossing the border into 'dream territory'. Also, if you're astral projecting, you should be able to concentrate on being in front of the object and you'll be there. Don't try to 'find it', imagine yourself being next to it.
Old 20-03-2017, 11:36 PM
Deactivated Account
You're right about the vagueness I think that's what overwhelmed me, I was so lost. Thank you for the helpful advice. I will definitely try it that way tonight.
Old 20-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
My mum used it regularly to find things, check up on people she cared about, explore areas, and more. I used to see her in astral form when she visited me.

Wow that's amazing!
Old 21-03-2017, 01:36 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul.cimmerian
Wow that's amazing!

This sort of thing was pretty normal for me growing up. We had a circle of family friends who were all 'in tune' with the subtle realms. You know.. families with kids who could also see spirits and auras.

I never got 'the rest of the world doesn't see things the way we do' talk, and I ended up getting into a bit of trouble when I started school. Mum tried to talk to me about the differences after the fact; other people couldn't see spirits, auras, etc. But it took a while for me to catch on. Had a few too many parent teacher meetings before a choice was made to shut down my extra senses while I was at school. Teachers don't take kindly to kids that talk about auras, pick up their private thoughts and discuss them in class, have 'invisible' friends to play with.. and some other things I probably shouldn't say here.

I always retained the bare edge of awareness of subtle energies, but I never had that physic block removed. I still see spirits, and can pick up strong thoughts and emotions, but not nearly to the clarity I used to.

The problem is, even now, there's always those rare times when you get caught out unintentionally. I'd hear someone's thoughts and, not realising the non-verbal nature, I'd respond to the statement/question. Suddenly, I've got a friend who's too afraid of some secret being uncovered to be around me. And the truth is.. most people have the same thoughts, desires, concerns, etc.. it's nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about.
Old 21-03-2017, 06:37 PM
Knower

Have you considered practicing on less broad information retrieval tasks, first? Just shuffle a deck of cards thoroughly, pick one at random (be certain you can't see it), place it face down on top of a cupboard. Then OBE your way over there. If you're having arbitrary perceptual hangups about perceiving through whatever your cupboard is made of (or down through the card), face-up is fine too as long as there's absolutely no way for you to see the card accidentally.

Hell, if you can do that, you can claim ol' Randi's $1,000,000 prize, so whatever you lost, I expect you'll probably have the means to replace, if you fail to divine its location.
Old 21-03-2017, 08:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
I never got 'the rest of the world doesn't see things the way we do' talk, and I ended up getting into a bit of trouble when I started school. Mum tried to talk to me about the differences after the fact; other people couldn't see spirits, auras, etc. But it took a while for me to catch on. Had a few too many parent teacher meetings before a choice was made to shut down my extra senses while I was at school. Teachers don't take kindly to kids that talk about auras, pick up their private thoughts and discuss them in class, have 'invisible' friends to play with.. and some other things I probably shouldn't say here.

Childhood is confusing enough without all of those extras you mentioned. That must have been a tough time for you, and even now, having to suppress your gifts from the world.
Old 21-03-2017, 09:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadodecadron
Have you considered practicing on less broad information retrieval tasks, first? Just shuffle a deck of cards thoroughly, pick one at random (be certain you can't see it), place it face down on top of a cupboard. Then OBE your way over there. If you're having arbitrary perceptual hangups about perceiving through whatever your cupboard is made of (or down through the card), face-up is fine too as long as there's absolutely no way for you to see the card accidentally.

Hell, if you can do that, you can claim ol' Randi's $1,000,000 prize, so whatever you lost, I expect you'll probably have the means to replace, if you fail to divine its location.

I was wondering if I should try a simple object, like a card, to start. Could it help sort of warm me up for a search on a larger scale? I feel like my thoughts are transparent here anyway so I might as well explain what I want to look for! I wanted to be part of a group search for a missing person and a dog. The area is 200km away and I can't go that day. I might be way out of my league! I will try to just physically go there another time and try an information retrieval task as you mentioned. Thanks for the help.
Old 23-03-2017, 03:24 AM
Guide

I think that's good advice :-D

Information can be built upon, it doesn't have to come all at once, or can come in easily digestible pieces.
Using that idea, (if you wanted to), you could actually still keep the original goal but approach it with smaller steps.

You could for e.g. first ask questions about the surroundings of the person and their dog and once you are happy with that information download, ask more questions until a place develops, and when ready you will (or can) be there - as opposed to the more overwhelming way of suddenly being there.

Either way, best wishes for some fun and helpful experiences! and thanks for sharing your goal too, I think it's a nice one :-3

http://www.thetwilightnexus.com - astral projection, lucid dreaming, meditation, OBE
Old 23-03-2017, 04:03 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul.cimmerian
Childhood is confusing enough without all of those extras you mentioned. That must have been a tough time for you, and even now, having to suppress your gifts from the world.

(sorry for continuing with the off topic convo)

We had our moments... being outcast from the family wasn't as bad as most might think. Losing friends hurts more.

For the most part, people are pretty excited about paranormal, spiritual, or psychic events. Other people deal with it in their own way.

We once had a playful spirit in the house. We had some friends over for dinner one night. While we were eating, the radio turned on. Our guests were a bit surprised, but we reassured them that it was just a friendly spirit. They took it as a joke and kept eating. A bit later, the radio changed stations.. and they asked again about what was happening. We reiterated that it was a spirit. This time they looked a bit more concerned, but refrained from commenting further.

Near the end of the meal, a song came on that my wife (girlfriend at the time) liked, and she asked for the volume to be put up. The volume went up. So our guests freaked out a bit.. and took some reassuring before settling down.

And, the reason I'm sharing this is because, the next day our dinner friends had no memory at all of the events. They'd blocked it out. People deal with things they can't explain in different ways.

Another story, because I'm in a sharing mood:

My partner could always see spirits, but had been brought up a certain way and was highly fearful of them. She knew there was 'something' out there, but had never met anyone who could explain things or help her in any way (before meeting me). One of the first nights she slept over, she had some bad cramps. I offered to help out, and placed my hand on her stomach to take some of the pain away. As the pain lessened, I moved to the next worst area.. and so on. The only problem was, my she wasn't ready for the reality of 'healing' being true, and fled the room when she was convinced that something unusual was really happening.

I gave her some space, and soon afterwards (that night), she came back and apologised for running off.. and asked a heap of questions like 'what the sh!t was that?' and 'who are you?'.

If I had to give dating tips.. 'take away her pain' wouldn't be near the top, but it would be on the list (we're married now).

You could say that I've had to pick my moments. I tend to keep this sort of stuff pretty close to my chest (unless it's in an anonymous forum).