Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Experiencer
Exclamation

I'm surrounded by those that don't believe in life after death all my friends & family but in some ways I do understand why. If they have never had any experience of it.

I've had spirits that have died come to me since I was a teenager to show me there is & I have been guided my entire life towards spirituality & the truth on the earth.

If that had not been the case I'm unsure what my beliefs would be, NO NO I doubt that I still would have known in the core of my being, but I am an old soul.

It's funny I used to have the argument with my 80yr old grandmother she was an extreme atheist & was very upset when I would speak of psychics, but in the days leading up to her death she was in & out of conciousness & when she awoke would say she had been dreaming of many that she had known that had died years earlier & in the final days it as only me that she requested come & see her, at the end she knew the truth.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Deactivated Account
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Can You Imagine Non Existence
I can't. No matter how I try to imagine it, there's still a me here doing or observing that. Even the so-called Void is seen or felt by a me!

Quote:
Obviously if there turns out to be no afterlife, then this is the natural state of affairs.
"Natural state of what affairs"? If there is no Afterlife, there may still be "something" here - and it's you! You are here! Are you "nothing"?

Quote:
I find the idea terrifying, atheists generally seem unperturbed by it, It's just impossible to imagine isn't it??
It's "impossible" because there is always a you here. The question might be: Who/what is this 'you" that is always here? Who/what are you?

Quote:
You couldn't even be aware of blackness as there is no you to perceive it,
This is quite impossible because there is always some kind of a "you" here.

Quote:
How can a conscious being experience non existence?? Its mindblowing.
It can't and it blows the mind because the limited mind is not able to conceive of non-existence.

Quote:
It would be as if you never existed, past, present & future all erased.
That just depends on what this 'you' is. You, eternal consciousness, have always existed and always will while 'you', a limited, personal, temporary entity was born, will live and then be erased.

Quote:
It makes me dizzy thinking about it!
It makes the limited, personal 'you' dizzy but NOT the permanent eternal 'You' - which is you and everything!

Quote:
It bothers me more actually that might have happened to my mum & dad but it's still so abstract, to not perceive even not perceiving.
Thoughts on this??
It will bother the limited, personal you but never the permanent, eternal and untroubled you. Ask your self: Who is bothered? Who has fears and is confused, etc. If you look deeply enough, you might find that there is no personal, trouble you at all - just a peaceful, happy and comfortable you watching all of this go by.
Old 26-10-2016, 10:10 PM
Ascender

Brought this one back into play...
Old 27-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Master
It does not bother me at all. I can find peace with it. I know an atheist who is deathly afraid of dying and yet he would say to me that I believe in things I did or do simply because I am 'afraid of dying'. I laugh at him because I have no idea what's beyond...and even though I've had experiences, I didn't share them with him because of some fear of dying because so many times I think of dying and hope that for me at least there simply would be no more...if every bit of me, soul, spirit, energy could simply blow apart and disintegrate to nothing, that would be fine. I would not know anyway and the thought of it feels like peace.
Old 17-11-2016, 12:50 PM
Suspended
Knower

No there is life after death also, our soul exist even after our death.Our soul incarnates again and again to complete it's life cycle.
Old 20-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
It does not bother me at all. I can find peace with it. I know an atheist who is deathly afraid of dying and yet he would say to me that I believe in things I did or do simply because I am 'afraid of dying'. I laugh at him because I have no idea what's beyond...and even though I've had experiences, I didn't share them with him because of some fear of dying because so many times I think of dying and hope that for me at least there simply would be no more...if every bit of me, soul, spirit, energy could simply blow apart and disintegrate to nothing, that would be fine. I would not know anyway and the thought of it feels like peace.
It would be so hard to imagine such a state though, wouldn't it.
Old 20-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Deactivated Account
Well, I suppose it's at least better than burning in hell for all eternity, don't you agree so?
Old 21-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Obviously if there turns out to be no afterlife, then this is the natural state of affairs. I find the idea terrifying, atheists generally seem unperturbed by it, It's just impossible to imagine isn't it??

You couldn't even be aware of blackness as there is no you to perceive it, How can a conscious being experience non existence?? Its mindblowing. It would be as if you never existed, past, present & future all erased. It makes me dizzy thinking about it! It bothers me more actually that might have happened to my mum & dad but it's still so abstract, to not perceive even not perceiving.

Thoughts on this??

If you look from the Ego's perspective, then you will see this and fear it.

And yet, this world is a world that never has existed.

And i'm talking from the God's perspective. Where time has set its limit, it will end. Sooner or later. There is no exception to this.

And from God's point of view, what disappears,is gone and has never existed. Be glad that it is so, because unhappiness is only in this world, and not in God's.

And you are living in God, as every living being does. This you just don't recognize yet. But a Part of yourself knows this.
Old 26-11-2016, 02:30 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Can You Imagine Non-Existence

No, it never crossed my mind to think about it b/c there doesn't seem to be any point in it for me. I've always believed in the afterlife, I'm comfortable w/my beliefs & have no reason to question the beliefs of others unless theirs are completely foreign or bizarre.

What I did learn after becoming widowed is the loss is so great for many they begin considering the afterlife as well as become true believers from signs/synchronicities they receive from their deceased loved one(s). People can change when a life changing experience is presented.