Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-12-2010, 06:18 AM
Ciqala

This freaked me out

Just want to make sure i'm not doing anything wrong, because my experience was totally terrifying.
It could be scary because of this:
I was already in a sketched out mind frame, because when i was trying to shape shift into the form of my cat, I heard a man chanting a creepy mantra in my house, then i heard footsteps, and i'm usually okay with spirits, and i tried to be brave. But before that day, some bad energies got into my altar, and i was delving around fear about that. Also, i cleansed my entire house with sage.

Then when i was about to fall asleep in my bed i had the great idea to try and astral travel, instead of visit my spirit guides. Well i used to be able to do it when i was young. But in the recent past, i only came somewhat close to it, and felt my body vibrating, but the shock sent me out of it.

This time, it happened way too easily. I can feel my energies, and chakras really easily, and naturally, in a matter of a few seconds, i began to visualize my energies lifting out of my body. I could feel it working and vibrating, and i could even feel my chakras being pulled upwards, then i stopped, remembering i hadn't picked a destination. So i made the destination to be my parents house, because i was honestly, terrified of what was going to happen, and my parents house seemed safe.

But when i tried it again, it felt way too intense. It was painful.
I imagined automatically, my chakras floating upwards. And it happened. I could even see, in my mind, myself being all white, lifting up, i got about a foot away. But it was horrible. Am i supposed to do that? It doesn't seem good to separate my chakras from my body? Should i be visualizing something else floating up? What other part of me is supposed to leave? It was hard not to visualize my chakras, because i can feel them intensely.

It felt like i was about to die. I couldn't breathe, or it felt weird, as if i wasn't breathing, my chest became heavy, the darkness in my eyelids lit up like gold, and the pressure was so immense feeling it was actually painful. Especially around my heart chakra. It did not feel pleasant. I was too afraid to go through with it, because i was afraid i was actually killing myself. What on earth is going on here? How is this supposed to be enjoyable to do, because it sure as hell did not feel good?
Old 19-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Experiencer
Gold is a good color to see. I believe it is associated with pure joy. Do you think it may have been kundalini rising? I've heard it is not a pleasant experience, but it is a good thing none the less. Just guessing here.

Out of curiousity, do you remember the mantra the man was chanting?
Old 20-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Master
Cigala... These kinds of sensations and experiences can be frightening at first, but if you'll take the time to learn more about astral projection your fears will fade away and you'll learn how to deal with anything that comes up.

For instance, the astral body doesn't need to breathe so out of body we don't have the familiar feeling of breathing, even though the physical breath is still automatically going along as usual.

Also, the chakras are part of your astral/energy body, not the physical, so naturally you are still aware of them out-of-body.

I suggest you look into some of the learning resources so you'll be prepared and less likely to fall into fear and miss the opportunities that astral projection offers. Here's a short list: - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=32529#post32529

Xan

Old 20-12-2010, 02:05 AM
CK39

"This freaked me out
Just want to make sure i'm not doing anything wrong, because my experience was totally terrifying.
It could be scary because of this:
I was already in a sketched out mind frame, because when i was trying to shape shift into the form of my cat, I heard a man chanting a creepy mantra in my house, then i heard footsteps, and i'm usually okay with spirits, and i tried to be brave. But before that day, some bad energies got into my altar, and i was delving around fear about that. Also, i cleansed my entire house with sage."

Ciqala, Shape shifting can be a challenge. And it is a part of what we are doing.

best wishes,

ck
Old 20-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantyaikya
Gold is a good color to see. I believe it is associated with pure joy. Do you think it may have been kundalini rising? I've heard it is not a pleasant experience, but it is a good thing none the less. Just guessing here.

Out of curiousity, do you remember the mantra the man was chanting?

It wasn't Kundalini, because i'm well familiar with what Kundalini feels like, because it happens all the time, this was actually floating out of my body. I actually enjoy the feel of Kundalini feels orgasmic and amazing.

I think he was chanting Ohm, but it had a weird screechy sound after it.
Old 20-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Cigala... These kinds of sensations and experiences can be frightening at first, but if you'll take the time to learn more about astral projection your fears will fade away and you'll learn how to deal with anything that comes up.

For instance, the astral body doesn't need to breathe so out of body we don't have the familiar feeling of breathing, even though the physical breath is still automatically going along as usual.

Also, the chakras are part of your astral/energy body, not the physical, so naturally you are still aware of them out-of-body.

I suggest you look into some of the learning resources so you'll be prepared and less likely to fall into fear and miss the opportunities that astral projection offers. Here's a short list: - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=32529#post32529

Xan

Thanks Xan, so you say it's okay to envision the chakras floating up? I'll look into the resources you listed! And, so i may have just felt the astral part of me not breathing, and that's what freaked me out... Hmm... I'll look more into it, hopefully i can get out of my fear