Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 27-07-2018, 04:51 AM
Master
Looking at direct expericence of one's unfolding

I attended a beautiful Krishna Das concert last night.

It was quite moving in a variety of ways.

At one point I noticed that I entered quite a deep and extremely still point within myself. I was motionless and my mind very very empty and still. Around that time, I began to experience a rising up of energy from my base chakra upwards with awareness of a direct channel of light coming downward through my crown. It was intense and I was shaking quite a lot.

The moment my mind and thoughts came into the picture and the fact that I naturally sought grounding to anchor myself, it actually ceased to be.

And so it was.

What experiences are you currently moving through for yourself?
Old 28-07-2018, 11:30 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe

What experiences are you currently moving through for yourself?

Toothache.

Old 29-07-2018, 12:42 AM
Master
Samana, me too. I had my wisdom teeth removed recently and I had been being conscious with the pain to use it as an anchor and entryway into meditative presence. It appears the non judgmental loving presence and acceptance that I bring to the wound alleviates the pain and allows for more conscious space to expand in my awareness. It seems that being present and going into the pain actually resolves it as oppose to resisting against it. I feel grateful for the incredible meditative experience and also the fast and near miraculous recovery! :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 30-07-2018, 11:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samana
Toothache.

I hope your not suffering too much.

Maybe you need to see dentist, that might help. :)
Old 30-07-2018, 11:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
Samana, me too. I had my wisdom teeth removed recently and I had been being conscious with the pain to use it as an anchor and entryway into meditative presence. It appears the non judgmental loving presence and acceptance that I bring to the wound alleviates the pain and allows for more conscious space to expand in my awareness. It seems that being present and going into the pain actually resolves it as oppose to resisting against it. I feel grateful for the incredible meditative experience and also the fast and near miraculous recovery! :)

I noticed with that energy experience I passed through, that I am opening to something similar with regards to staying very present with the body aches and pains in general. I have a friend who always meditates at the dentist rather than have injections. Transcending the body in this way certainly is beginning to show me some more profound ways to heal and overcome physical ailments where pain can take over our grounded centred point of being.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I noticed with that energy experience I passed through, that I am opening to something similar with regards to staying very present with the body aches and pains in general. I have a friend who always meditates at the dentist rather than have injections. Transcending the body in this way certainly is beginning to show me some more profound ways to heal and overcome physical ailments where pain can take over our grounded centred point of being.

I also notice that bringing presence into emotions helps immensely in eradicating psychic pain. I realized that I hold within my body a lot of painful trauma and psychological pain from the various challenging life lessons that I have experienced. The most instinctive reaction is to numb, dull, or distract from this pain, but I have recently begun to learn to bring loving presence to it instead. I have been running away for so long looking for some peace and solace externally and spinning around in the maze of the conceptual mind, when the pain itself had been beckoning and inviting me to look within to become whole. I also realized that beneath my own individual pain lies a greater pain rooted in fear within the collective consciousness that is always humming with powerful intensity in the background. Furthermore, beneath the collective pain, there lies incredible LOVE and Peace and a sense of transcendent perfection. All is well and nothing is wasted, the pain itself is Divine and when it is looked upon this way, it no longer hurts. What is left is simply wonderment and appreciation.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬