Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 30-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Experiencer
Swarm of Sharks Rushing to Shore

I dreamed last night that I was out at sea on a boat and, for some reason, had to swim back to shore. This was not odd in the dream; it was standard practice. There were many people doing this with me. I swam a very short way, but then the water became shallow enough to wade in. I was coming back to shore and contemplating the meaning of it all: the ocean, the dusk with vivid bright stars and a moon that was too close to the horizon, the cool breeze, the water temperature. It was ethereal.

Suddenly someone behind me, multiple people really, started willing sharks to swarm toward the shore. It was frightening. Prior to this, I had been thoroughly enjoying my experience and felt like I was even learning something about the nature of life. A guide appeared and was giving me some encouragement as the sharks rushed past me. They were huge and dark gray with oddly shaped heads (so they didn't look like traditional sharks, I suppose). I was just continually thinking, "I don't like this. I don't like this. This is scary." And my guide kept coaching me through it, saying that fear was probably the most harmful/risky thing about the experience. I was so close to shore, and I knew if I could make it, I wouldn't be harmed by the sharks.

Sadly, the dream ended before I made it to shore.
Old 31-10-2017, 12:01 AM
Gracey

you are facing your fears. you were contemplating your life, your nature. what in that still dont you understand....that is where your fear is. search to understand yourself better. listen to your guide, fear is a gateway to all kinds of negative emotions. this dream is for you to seek to know yourself better, to face your fears of what you dont understand about your self.

in the dream, the sharks will only harm you if you allow fear to control you.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:17 AM
Master
Quote:
astralwanderer: Sadly, the dream ended before I made it to shore.
you are on shore astralwanderer; you are safe from the threat represented
by those sharks. did you sense anxiety for the welfare of your dream self upon
awakening to the 'real world' you?... or perhaps you felt a foreboding for your
wakeful self, as if the dream was alerting you to dangers yet to come?

i agree with your guide's coaching... holding on to that fear emotion was
probably the most 'risky' thing. the beginning situation was commonplace
for you, something you've faced many times, and after a very short swim
you were already in the shallows; you had time enough to contemplate the
meaning of it all. then, from behind, a position from your past experience,
you sense multiple wills directing frightful energy towards you. seemingly
some others with less ability than yourself are resentful. the danger rushed
past you... leaving it "behind" as well. there is nothing in the past which
can harm you presently... you've already proceeded from there. in fact,
i think the dream was trying to get you to turn around and face the past;
you can extend your arms to those resentful figures of your past, and
usher them into the shallows alongside you, redeeming any past mistakes
and making them into current allies with you.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:55 AM
Master
Do you lucid dream or astral travel as your name suggests? If so I wonder if this dream refers to your experience when astral travelling.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Experiencer
Gracey – I am deeply afraid of failure in a current endeavor. I am having extreme anxiety about it, in fact. Maybe that’s what the fear is.

HORACE – my anxiety was for my dream self. I am definitely holding onto fears in real life, though. Fear of uncertainty about the future is probably the main fear. I have recently undergone several life transitions (moved to a new city, quit a job, started a job, quit the new job) and am enrolled full time in graduate school on top of being a mom to two kids and a wife. I guess I’m overwhelmed and the pressure to succeed is great. It’s interesting that you say perhaps “others with less ability are resentful.” When I considered this, I can see where that may be the case, but I hadn’t recognized it before.

Django – I do lucid dream and astral project, though not as often as I’d like. I left my body for a short time a few days ago, and it was the first time in several months. I wrote about it on the AP forum. It was kind of strange. I don’t like to interact with entities I encounter on other planes, and I encountered several while out this past weekend. Maybe the dream was me processing the experience from the weekend.