Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-03-2012, 11:36 PM
seekerscientist

Death versus birth

The day of your death is more joyous than the day of your birth.

Who thinks this statement is true?
Old 21-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Animus27

I think it has a grain of truth. But I think it mostly depends upon the worldview you have. The saying itself seems very Buddhist to me.

But I'll throw up these two stanzas from the Hávamál

70. It is better to live | than to lie a corpse,
The live man catches the cow;
I saw flames rise | for the rich man's pyre,
And before his door he lay dead.

71. The lame rides a horse, | the handless is herdsman,
The deaf in battle is bold;
The blind man is better | than one that is burned,
No good can come of a corpse.
Old 21-03-2012, 02:33 AM
Master
What is even more joyous, is to realize that there is no death and there is no one born.
Old 21-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerscientist

I do. On the day that we are born we are trapped in a tiny body. We cry at the immense discomfort, a soul once free from any binds and any limitations now trapped in 8 pounds of flesh. This body has so many needs, and we suffer only to fulfill those needs. Once this body dies, the soul is free again, borne into the same consciousness it has always had, except --- now it understands just how beautiful it is, now it understands freedom, now it understands perfection, now it understands what is IS, because it has experienced what it is NOT.

What bliss. :))
Old 21-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Master

Life is a continuum. So there isn't any 'death' as such.

Our consciousness & memory are cloaked down when we're born, but the exact opposite is true when we die, so we can savour the moment.
As for the 'death' being joyous, you'll meet all your loved ones again, including your pets, so yes.

But remember, life is a school! We're here to learn and advance the soul...So make the most of NOW!

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 21-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Master

When I come to your world I am like a bird that is imprisoned within a cage, and when I leave it I am like a bird joyfully released to wing its way through boundless space. What you call death is the opening of the cage and the release of the bird from its prison - Silver Birch

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 21-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Master

It would depend on how many times you have been born. If you have been reborn spiritually by repenting of your sins and putting your faith in Jesus Christ then your sins have all been forgiven and death means that you will leave this world and go to be with Christ. If you haven't experienced this second birth then death means that your will have to face God and be judged for your sins.
Old 21-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerscientist

I disagree because life is a certain new beginning and opportunity.. Death is life as well but the process is not as certain as a birth.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 22-03-2012, 02:39 AM
Knower

I can’t say I remember much about my birth. I do know I must have wanted to enter the physical at that time as my Mom had a number of miscarriages before I finally arrived.

To add to the mystery of my birth, a dear friend and psychic reader picked up that another soul and I were vying for the same goal of being born at that time (and I imagine to my parents). I pretty much decided to dive in first in order to be born. That was surprising information… as I am not a very pushy person by nature but I am certain I must have had my reasons.

I love being here on Earth during this ‘historic’ time and I plan to live to a ripe old age. I would even like to live to be one hundred. I guess you can say that I am an optimist.

That being said, after a long and educational life and being a part of the awakening New Earth, I look forward to taking this life experience back with me into Spirit. I expect to have a reunion with my soul group after this ‘body’ dies, catch up with them, celebrate and ‘take a vacation‘.

Love, hugs, hope and blessings.
Old 24-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Juanita

Cat

[quote=Toolite]I disagree because life is a certain new beginning and opportunity.. Death is life as well but the process is not as certain as a birth.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever![/QUote

I think it is just the opposite......as there is no death and we just transition to a higher vibration and continue to live.....the uncertainty of a new life in the physical has to be unnerving, but spirit is so optimistic that they will do well, they don't worry much about it at the time......