Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-08-2011, 12:42 PM
scorpiowitch66

I am so sorry for you and for family, Alleigh
Old 11-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Tabitha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteffMarshal
You are absolutely right.When you commit suicide then it means you do not have faith on God.Think positively the suicide means that you have admitted that you are a looser.Can you listen your self a looser?
Absolutely not.always have faith on your god.Think that God is your best friend and protector.

You have your right to express your opinion, but I believe you are very wrong. I cannot conceive of a loving God that would scorn and push away his miserable, distressed children, any more than I can imagine a loving parent here would do so. And my knowledge of the person I mentioned in my above post - who is much loved and missed by many, many people, and is most definitely not a "loser" (what on earth??) - leads me to believe that people who commit suicide are treated with the compassion and support that they need in the next life.
Old 15-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Coming2

I am so sorry for your loss. As someone who has survived a suicide attempt I have had to learn how precious life really is in order to keep going. Some days it is all I can do to just get up but after trying to give up, I fight to keep going. I have battled my own demons and I never look down on anyone who feels they cant cut it in the real world. Life is hard and we are going to mourn our losses but please know they she is finally at peace. The wonderful thing about God is that He is always loving and always forgiving. Find peace with that.
Old 15-08-2011, 03:11 AM
SerpentQueen

Heh. I just got done writing a post earlier about how my life has been dogged by suicides. If you want to talk and talk and talk, I am here; just PM me.

I disagree with SteffMarshall but I can also see the point he/she is making. It's a two-sided coin. It's not that your aunt lost faith in God; it's that your aunt was overwhelmed with human existence and wanted nothing more than to go back to God. This does not make one weak or a looser. Isn't it what we all long for? Yet yes, there is that flip side.... why take such a short cut like that? For those left living, that is the very question to ponder.

If you believe in reincarnation then it may console you to consider your aunt chose a very challenging path for this incarnation. She may have chosen to kill herself as a sacrifice for the rest of you that she loved, for lessons you all needed to learn to grow. In other words, she agreed to leave this world when she did, because it was all a part of a grand master plan, for the rest of you who are her One.

Or she simply took on more than she could handle, got overwhelmed, and went back for a rest. To stay on the other side from here on out, learning lessons from afar, watching and learning from afar, from a safer distance, through your lessons instead of experiencing them directly herself.

Just please whatever you believe, know that she is just fine, she may not be here in form, but she IS very much here. In ever breath you take. If you miss her, breath her in from the air. The molecules you breath in may transform their way into tears coursing down your face, and that is all as well... they evaporate, go back into the air, become clouds, rain down, filter through the ground, become the water you drink and a critical part of you.

Hugs and much love. I'm here, if you want to talk. Talk on and on to me all you want. Been there, done that. Over and over...
Old 15-08-2011, 03:17 AM
SerpentQueen

P.s. I am not going to say I'm sorry for your loss, because I truly believe -- not believe, I KNOW -- you have not lost anything. Though I do understand right now it probably feels like that, and very much so. One of these days, not tomorrow, not next year... but one of these days.. you will know too.

And, I want to thank you for your post that helped me put some things in my own house in order.
Old 15-08-2011, 03:30 AM
truther

I heard that God takes into consideration the person's mental illness before they committed suicide. So sad to hear this. I hope you have faith to know she is okay. I recommend going to chapels of Catholic Churches where Jesus' presence is said to be and just talk to him about it. I suggested a friend come with me one time about her struggles from moving away from her family but doing what in her heart she thought was right and she had to leave the chapel because she swelled up with emotion. I really feel its a healing place. When I am literally drained by life and just tired of it I go there and leave feeling refreshed and in peace again. May God hearken to your prayers and bless your family.
Old 15-08-2011, 03:44 AM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by truther
I heard that God takes into consideration the person's mental illness before they committed suicide.

I want to say this without advocating suicide, because I don't, honestly, I don't!.... nor do I think it's constructive to advocate it, so I do understand the church's teachings on this, really I do... but...

Mental illness? Please. What is more sane than wanting to be back in God's arms? Is that not what all of us spiritual seekers ultimately want?

Dwell deeper on this. Maybe you will uncover the layer of the onion that is the Puritan work ethic --- reunion with God takes hard work and effort and practice, not an easy short cut. And, I'd probably agree with that, but then there are many additional layers of the onion to cry through as you cut and slice away at this particular question, breathing in and crying out souls as you do.

Don't ask why they did it -- ask what you can learn from it. Here. In your human experience. Go deeper than the pat answers. The pat answers work with your first funeral. Kind of. Maybe. By your 6th you've got to the heart of the onion.

Perhaps the greater insanity is being here. And then you realize -- insane is awesome amazing space to be! Let's hear it for the insane!!!
Old 15-08-2011, 05:36 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Mental illness? Please. What is more sane than wanting to be back in God's arms? Is that not what all of us spiritual seekers ultimately want?

Question. Are you saying that all people who commit suicide are just spiritual seekers who what to return to God?

My Stepdad committed suicide after his new doctor changed his depression medication three times in one month. Even after this new doctor been warned by the previous doctor to never change the medication, because of a prior history of attempting suicide after the meds were changed, he still did it anyway, telling my Stepdad that he just wasn't even trying to get better.

I'm sorry, but I do think mental illness most certainly can drive a person to taking their own life.
Old 15-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Hez0405

I am very sorry for your loss.
Suicide is a very.. taboo subject even today, but I witnessed my best friend mourn for a friend of hers who committed suicide.

I do not believe, if you commit suicide 'you go to hell' In fact, I dont believe in hell.

Her spirit guides, would have helped her with the transition - and for whatever reason she done it for. They will be helping her heal.

If it helps, talk to her. The biggest question is 'why'. But not everyone opens up and the most unexpected people could commit suicide.

I hope this helps somehow.

Stay strong

Hezxo
Old 15-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers.

My initial suicide/heaven beliefs did come from the catholic faith however, I have since moved on from religion all together. They don't teach of this stuff on this forum in CCD or even Sunday school in any church that I've ever heard of. What I have learned comes from within.

I once struggled with depression. For about 14 yrs until I was healed. I've had two failed suicide attempts so I know how she felt - and even if not to the nth degree - I've been there. And I do understand how she could believe it was her only way to escape the darkness. She was on the wrong medication which is why we believe she was able to commit this horrendous act. This seamless woman, who was in charge of every breath from dawn to dark, who lit up the world with her singing and grace and love and how she loved her children...only 7 months ago something invaded her and drove her away from us, God, her children, and any joy she had. She did not find comfort in anything worldly.

I truly believe that when she died, she was welcomed with open arms and when I close my eyes I can see her so light and loved. I can feel her all around us. I do not wish her back here at all. I will surely miss her, as we all will, but we are settled in the peace that we know she now has. She is being healed, cared for, and will be given whatever role she will now fill.

Suicide IS a delicate matter however the bottom line is, people need to be loved and remembered regardless. I would never think anyone a loser should they take their own life. In their minds, it is the only way. (I've been there. I just didn't do it right.)
And we are not to judge that. We embrace one another and mourn however, we feel her love even moreso than before.

Thank you so much again, for listening to me. Still in a bit of shock and sadness and coming full circle with knowing she is in a far better place...