Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 07-02-2018, 04:48 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I have a Family twice the size of yours, we sometimes practise tough love with a gentle hand, traits of abuse NEVER happen.

Everytime I try to converse with you it is taken the wrong way for some reason, best not to try I suppose.

Perhaps. It seems so doesn't it.
In this case though. The topic was the kind of tough love Davidsun is throwing around apperantly. Now that kind I find abusive.
I don't know if you remember how this discussion/fight came to be what it is. If not re-read it.

I don't know what your idea of tough love is. Or where you draw the line for calling something abusive.
I was merely speaking about what was said and shown here..

With Love
Eelco
Old 07-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Administrator
Hello Members

I have done an "edit" on this thread and cleaned out the back and forth chatter that was well endless. I have opened it again with "cautions" that if you agree to disagree its all good, get a room comes to mind, but it seems that sharing a room is not an option. That is why a hotel has many "rooms" for peace and quiet.

There was a real feeling of non duality in perfect existence in this thread. Going forwards keep the topic clear and remember that not all will see it "your way" there is no right and wrong and no "King of the Mountain" as we all know well that a King without his followers (note S) as he needs more than one to rule a Kingdom.

Lynn
SF Admin

A Nondualistic Duality?

As per the teaching of Vedanta, there is a witness (the self, pure awareness, the void, nothingness) and the witnessed (thoughts, senses, form, somethingness).

That is seen as a duality which must be resolved, right? As in, the witness and the witnessed are not two but one. Like the screen and the light hitting it are not two things but one.

That's fine, I love that resolution of nonduality.

But what if I resolved it a different way. What if I said that the witness cannot even count as another one because it is literally nothingness? So the witness and the witnessed is not a duality. It's not one and another one. It's one and nothing else. Therefore not two. It's a nondualistic duality... Only if you count "nothingness" to be a "something" can it be referred to as a duality.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello Members

I have done an "edit" on this thread and cleaned out the back and forth chatter that was well endless. I have opened it again with "cautions" that if you agree to disagree its all good, get a room comes to mind, but it seems that sharing a room is not an option. That is why a hotel has many "rooms" for peace and quiet.

There was a real feeling of non duality in perfect existence in this thread. Going forwards keep the topic clear and remember that not all will see it "your way" there is no right and wrong and no "King of the Mountain" as we all know well that a King without his followers (note S) as he needs more than one to rule a Kingdom.

Lynn
SF Admin
Much appreciated.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Thanks davidsun, for your consideration.

FWIW I think it's a bit presumptious for us to think that we can give strangers over the internet "tough love" especially when we don't really know them. Also, I don't personally see catsquotl of all people requiring that (if such a thing were needed).

Finally, I think that for someone who wishes to dish out "tough love" they would have to be so clear in themselves (spiritually enlightened) that there is no risk that they are just perpetuating a bad cycle.

FWIW I personally think that catsquotl has his head screwed on pretty well, and his word games with swmpgrl were kind of enjoyable up until it became serious

I hope no offence is taken herein.

Love

BT
No offence taken, BT.

Please know that I am 'clear' that the spiritual nature of my intent is really impartial (not based on 'self' interest, my own or that of other parties), so I trust the outcome will be 'for the best' - not that I think everything I do is 'right' or 'unmistaken', just that it will end up working for 'the greater good' of Life.

A lot of things are 'enjoyable', including giving 'candy' to kids (which, when and as it strikes as a 'good' thing to do, I sometimes do and very much enjoy doing myself. Also, BTW, I feel 'good' (though the feeling isn't always one of unadulterated joy) when I acting for 'the greater good' on the basis of what I (not what any number of others) think will serve such purpose.

Of course, if my 'assessments' were the same as your in the above regards, I would be thinking, feeling and acting/speaking the way you do - i.e. not 'enjoying' the openly (not 'slyly') piquing rough-and-tumble word games I am playing with the cat. It wasn't his game playing with swampgrl (alone) that sparked my 'attention', you know.

The way I see it, the cat has two 'heads' 'screwed on' - which one will prevail remains an open question, IMO.

Be well, Bro.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:33 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Self-belief is the trickiest of things.

As always, I defer to Jyotir. He says it best.

Bless,

BT
Old 10-02-2018, 09:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Self-belief is the trickiest of things.

As always, I defer to Jyotir. He says it best.

Bless,

BT
Yes, J's ways of saying things is indeed most eloquent!

Methinks that the only way of not being 'tricked' by 'selfish' considerations - pertaining either to one's 'own' 'self' or the 'selves' of others - is to truly be impartial in both attitude and intent.

Of course, if the 'assessment' (pertaining to any given issue) of a person who thinks, feels and believes he or she is truly impartial differs from the 'assessment' (pertaining to the same issue) of another person who thinks, feels, and believes he or she is truly impartial, it is a foregone conclusion that each will conclude that the other must really not be impartial and that he or she must have been 'tricked' by 'selfish' considerations that appear (to them) to be unselfish, i.e. which appear (to them) to be truly impartial as a result of their having been 'tricked by their own selfishness.

I hope that is well said enough for you to accept as a well-intentioned caution to you to watch that you aren't tricked by your 'own' 'self-belief' which, for the above reason, you appear (to me, that is) to really be.

As Einstein discovered, the principles of 'relativity' can result in the 'configuration' of 'reality' appearing to be quite different to different observers, my obviously 'condescending' meward, Bro.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:53 PM
Master
Hoping to get this thread back on topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=hwyuQbIb0Xs

Woohoo!
Old 11-02-2018, 06:54 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hoping to get this thread back on topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=hwyuQbIb0Xs

Woohoo!

I always found 'back on topic' a fascinating term. As if the OP had tracks like a railroad with an already determined course.

A thread that stays on track would be one clearly laid out from start to finish to the passengers coming on board so that they would know their role as the choir. "Places everyone!"
Old 11-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
I always found 'back on topic' a fascinating term. As if the OP had tracks like a railroad with an already determined course.

A thread that stays on track would be one clearly laid out from start to finish to the passengers coming on board so that they would know their role as the choir. "Places everyone!"
That's a very broad-minded attitude - something which I personally admire, and in this case concur with.

There are conventions which have practical uses, however, and IMO it is worth respecting and honoring (going along 'on track' with) these for that reason, that is, unless there a worthwhile 'cause' not to.

IMO, the 'cause' for the digression in question had run its course - had come to the 'end' of its track, IOW.

Your butterfly-free (no 'freight' train, you!) vehicle of choice is registered as fact unconventional, never 'settling' for long on a flower, grl.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:31 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun

IMO, the 'cause' for the digression in question had run its course - had come to the 'end' of its track, IOW.
:

No it hadn't the course left was obliterated by the moderator of this forum at my request.

With love
Eelco