Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 05-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
I once visited a dead friend in a dream though (I didn't know her well, but really related with her deeply when I did know her in life). She was so lost and lonely. Kind of numb when I saw her. She wasn't aware that she was dead because of the sudden and unexpected death. Well, it was a rather lonely existence. I don't know what her journey on the other side was like or where it took her because I only had two brief glimpses, but I imagine it wasn't easy coming to terms with what happened. Months later I did dream of her very happy and on a bus somewhere though. So I do know she was okay at that point. Still, it opened my eyes a bit to how one can manifest in the astral, and just be lost in a dream. But I just know there is much worse there as well. Some beings are so lost they never find their way, never reincarnate or follow their intended path. And there is the possibility of being stuck in "hell" of sorts. Like being stuck in a panic attack. I know this is all very negative thinking, but I really feel my soul has been caught in these types of circumstances between lives, because I came into this life with fears like these. How could I ever make sure I was in a good place at my time of death? I'm afraid that dying badly could mean a bad time after death as well. Am I paranoid, or what?

i know what you mean. I'm pretty sure that I spent a good deal of time as a ghost in the past. I have dreamed about it a lot. I even know the house I was in and in what area ect... It was a big White House in Virginia, and I had died and I was trapped there as a ghost for a long time, only I didn't know I was dead or that I was a ghost. I felt so frightened and alone and angry and very confused and disoriented. I felt very scared and angry about the people in the house. They seemed like ghosts to me. There was also some kind of very dark demonic being in the attic that I had to live with. She was like a witch. I think she had something to do with why I was stuck there. I was incredibly frightened of her. Anyhow, being a ghost sucks big time. Its really scary. Thankfully, I somehow managed to get out of that situation. I think it may be the reason why I have a strong aversion to materialism in this life. I buy used cloths and don't have or want nice things. I think that sometimes people become ghosts because they are so attached to material possessions that they don't want to leave them. I think having strong faith in the Divine and a very positive and loving outlook on life also prevents such things from happening. I'm glad that I don't dream about this anymore. I would wake up with a heart racing and crying and breathing hard. It was really so bad.
Old 22-08-2014, 12:20 AM
Mystica

The more I age, the less scared I am.

In fact, I kinda like the idea that my life will be over one day. I don't mind when it happens, any time will be good. I think at some point I reach the moment where I will say: okay, I am done here. I am tired. It's time to go.
Old 22-08-2014, 12:24 AM
Pathfinder

I'm scare of dying a painful and lonely death.
Old 22-08-2014, 12:34 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

I'm not scared of dying, I am just scared it will hurt, like dying from an accident or something. I pray it's a painless death..
Old 22-08-2014, 12:38 AM
Pathfinder

To be honest, I don't think "scared" is the correct word for me. I'm definitely not anxious to leave my family and friends behind, but I don't fear moving on as much as I used to.
I had a dream a little while back where I helped a man around my age cross over. He was so terrified and shaking; all I remember is hugging him, telling him that he is loved and everything will be okay, then saying that he will be happy when he "gets back home" and sees his family again.
I think, in all seriousness, that I had this dream for a reason. Since then, I haven't been afraid of death. I've actually looked forward to it: I feel "homesick" in my own home and I am truly excited to go back to wherever I'm headed.
Is that weird? (shrugs) :)
Old 25-08-2014, 04:14 AM
Master
After decades of research, neurophysiologist Dr. Karl Pribram concludes that consciousness is not strictly located in the physical brain, and what we consider reality, is but a frequency domain;
a symphony of waveform interpreted by the brain into what we see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Re: The Holographic Universe

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 02-09-2014, 02:25 PM
seanssf

I used to fear death, how i was going to die and when it would come, but now there is no reason for the fear as its only driven by ego which can be overcome by just pure love
Old 02-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Master
Amen sean.

"He has not given us the Spirit of fear, but one of love, and a sound mind."

This is the Word of the Lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritree
I'm scare of dying a painful and lonely death.

Are you alone, Ritree? Do you have churches around you? Church, you know, is about community. We are all in the same boat here, in this sphere and life.

Church also is the original, "Group Therapy", which can be very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreyiris
well, I think you only have to be scared if you are a bad person and have hell of karma waiting on the other side. That would suck. I heard an NDE from a former pimp and drug dealer. He had a pretty hellish experience (pun intended), but it made him turn his life around when he was given a second chance. I have had one NDE and dying wasn't scary at all, although the life flashing before the eyes thing was pretty intense. I was seeing my life as my spirit had seen it and it was intensely painful experiencing that unfiltered emotion. What I experienced was not that I had ever really intentionally hurt someone else, but that I was constantly hurting myself.. I saw how incredibly self destructive my thought process was and how I let myself believe every bit of negativity that was thrown at me and how my thoughts had been slowly destroying me. I then saw myself as God/Buddha ect.. sees me, with pure love. I saw what a precious being I am and that I am loved and I am worthy of love.
Needless to say that experience changed me so much. Now no matter how cruel others can be to me at times, I keep that love inside of me. I never let their belief that I am not precious, change my knowing that I am and I'm also able to see the preciousness of others so much more clearly, even if they can't see it. Another part of it after that was going into the light. Oh my. Lord. I have craved for that so much since then. You don't know. The bliss. Going into that golden white light and realizing that I've always been a part of it and everyone and everything is a part of it and we are all one beautiful brilliant being, and then forgetting everyone and everything and all thought, and just letting go and becoming that light. Feeling all of the particles of my being dissipate and become that ever peaceful, ever silent, ever blissful body of light. Man, that was very hard to come back from. I did not want to come back from that. I sometimes think about how short life is in the scheme of things and that I just have to be patient and get through one day at a time and soon I'll be there again.

Great post aubrey!

In Christisanity, "Salvation" is about God's love for us. About the intent of His heart towards us, and His Love.

He has extended His Love, His Grace, and His mercy. Proving it to the recipient, in the appearance of Christ in the world, and His work on our behalf.

Are you aware of St. Paul's NDE, as related in scripture? Curious.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2488
Im not afraid of dying. Maybe staring down it woulld get to me as I'd realize these are literally my final moments here. But I look forward to the transition. For me, I view heading back to the spirit world for me like a kid looking forward to Christmas morning. If there's anything that scares me, it's how long I have to wait till death. I know many don't want to know when it's their time. But I would as my mind constantly wonders when that time will be. I only want to be here for a short period (only 21). I rather be given the heads up. In fact, I could've been dead as recent as August of last year after nearly drowning at a water park. I remember being in the water and thinking this could be it. Then my friend came in for the save. But I wasn't prepared then. At that time, I didn't know if anything happened after death.

Interesting post, I completely have the same viewpoint and I DID want to know when I would die. I went to a very reliable psychic who I have been to 3 times. The first time was over 2 decades ago and she predicted my life 20 years in the future to a staggering degree. I asked her very recently if she believes in fate or if certain things change and she said that some events and meetings can change but the date of death cannot. I have no fear, as you said, what worries me is the years between now and when I finally return to the spirit world. And I worry about the physical pain I might endure. And just my luck, she told me I would live to my early 90s. :)
Old 16-04-2015, 08:22 PM
Experiencer

I'm not scared of dying as I don't really feel I own anything, I don't cling on to things so it feels like stepping out in to something other for me.

I watched a few things by Dr Bruce Greyson about NDE's and other brain activity that science can't seem to explain away, is consciousness produced by the brain was one of the talks he gave on youtube which was interesting.