Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Knower

i agree like silver birch said the body is the house and the soul is the tenant.
Old 25-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Shining Star

Yes, thank you dear Stillwater29.... I love the sublime teachings of Silver Birch....
Old 25-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Shining Star

Yes Kislany we are only here in this body for a mere fraction of time... Thank you for your kind words... Love & Blessings...
Old 28-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Newbie ;)
Well said Shining Star, Very astute for a 12 year old. Every word resonates with me. Thanks so much for posting that.
Old 29-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Shining Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper27
Well said Shining Star, Very astute for a 12 year old. Every word resonates with me. Thanks so much for posting that.

Thank you
Old 03-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Sundialed

i love knowing i am immortal it helps me to live well.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:47 AM
Pathfinder

I don't really know what happens to a human beings consciousness after the body dies. I have thought of it like this though. Human beings have the ability to recognize themselves, and their thoughts. We have the power of cognition. We have an "idea of self". In our thoughts exists an idea of what we are. Thoughts themselves are energy. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. So to put it all together, it may be possible that human beings exist as thoughts/energy eternally. Of course, I don't know any of this. Plato talked about immortality as well. He contemplated that nothing in a state of goodness dies. So if you practice morality your mind will stay in a state of goodness essentially forever. Who really knows though, but it is fun to ponder. Thanks for your post
Old 07-10-2011, 08:21 AM
fM55

Yes the Soul is Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Star
Evil is the result of humanities’ imperfect development on earth.

Carl Jung said once said something like

"Much of the evil in the world is due to people unable to tell their life stories"

I believe that much of the evil in the world is due to people unable to tell their early childhood stories.
Old 21-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Shining Star

Thank you fM55 and tone0728
Old 21-10-2011, 01:53 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Star
We are all immortal beings, every man, woman and animal. We are not our bodies, we are not our flesh and blood. We are etheric beings housed
in bodies of physical matter.
The body is mortal. When our body dies, we discard it just as if we were taking off an overcoat when we no longer need it. The body then, without us, will start to decay. The body dies, we cannot.
Once we have left our body we are no longer trapped and restricted. While we are earthbound we are quite helpless to our bodily functions. We all feel pain, some of us have special needs, and we are all susceptible to dis-ease. But once we’re free from our body these are all left behind.
Our etheric body can reach any destination in a matter of seconds, just by
thought. The body can only slow us down, and has to rely on material transportation, such as aircraft, boats and trains.
We are connected to our body by an invisible cord, rather like the umbilical cord. We often leave our body during sleep, still connected by the cord. On re-entry there is sometimes a jolting sensation, something like the sensation of falling.
Once the body has ripened through experience, it will fall, as does the ripened apple. It is then that the connecting cord is severed, so that we may transcend on to a higher level of existence.
This higher level is sometimes referred to as the unseen world. This is not
a planet or star that can be pin-pointed on an inter-stellar space map. We are no nearer to the unseen world when we are flying on a jet plane, than if we were many fathoms below the sea, in a submarine.
The unseen world is all around us, though it is in a completely different dimension.
The earth is a training ground. We are here to develop our characters, to learn to love and seek knowledge. We are born into this world from the unseen, and return when we are ripe.
Within the unseen world there are many different levels of existence. Each of these inter-penetrates another. When we are ready we will transcend into the level of existence which has been made necessary in accordance with our earthly lives.
We are all striving toward the summit of perfection, reaching higher planes on our spiritual journey. We will be with beings of the same nature as our own. Like attracts like. We cannot dwell on the same plane as
someone we did not get on with while on earth.

Those on a higher level of existence can visit those on lower ones, but those on lower levels cannot visit the higher planes of existence.
Our pets we once had on earth, are often waiting for us in the unseen world, and will spend a great amount of time with us. However, they must eventually join a group of other animals to form a ‘soul group’. This soul group will evolve together to reach spiritual attainment. The length of time our pets will spend with us, before joining their soul group, is hard to say. The concept of time in the unseen world is commensurable to our physical senses - rather like trying to pour a gallon of water into a pint jug.
All of us must go through a life review when we transcend on to the unseen world. The life review can be summed up in that well known expression, “My whole life just flashed before me”. Our entire life while on earth, will be shown to us. We will see this appear all around us in a three dimensional glimpse. In the unseen world we are not limited to our five physical senses. Among many others there is our ability to communicate without vocal expression, and the ability to see all that surrounds us, without moving.
The life review can be seen in this way in a three dimensional scan. We not only feel all the emotions of our own deeds during the life review, but at the same time we feel all the emotions of those we have affected by our own actions. This can be very rewarding if we were showing love, but most unpleasant if we were causing sorrow to those around us. Once we have seen all, we are then able to judge ourselves.
No-one can judge us. We each judge ourselves. There is no-one waiting to punish us for wrong doings, only guides to help us amend our unloving acts.
Evil is the result of humanities’ imperfect development on earth. It is another example of cause and effect - As we sow, so shall we reap. We cannot cheat natural laws once we break them. We have to face the consequences of our own actions. There is no escape, neither confession nor repentance will stop natural law.
There are many illnesses we inflict upon ourselves by our own actions. Most of these are borne out of greed, selfishness, hatred, jealousy, anger, etc.
There is a perfect plan within the universe, but within this plan we are all given a percentage of free will. With this free will we can make our lives as we wish. Life has been given to us, it is up to us to use it well.

There's a few points I personally disagree with here, I've bolded each statement I wish to touch on.

1) I disagree with your cutoff at the animal kingdom. ALL of existence is alive: humans, animals, plants, rocks, stars, matter, energy, all of it. All of existence is one great pattern of vibrational energy, and all delineations are just the result of our limited senses and our assumptions.

2 and 3) The idea that we are supposed to "do" anything in life is based on thinking and assumptions tied into Time. Einstein showed that Time does not exist in and of itself, that instead it is inextricably intertwined with physical matter. But if our nature is non-physical (and thus non-linear), how can we be here to "do" anything in particular? All ideas of learning, training, evolution, earning, consequences, or any requirements are linear concepts, and thus are tied to our assumption that Time exists.

4) There are no "musts" once we drop our physical aspect. The experience that many near-death survivors report of the "life review" is merely a result of our transition from physical/linear/singular to nonphysical/atemporal/collective. It seems like a review because all our memories become a single cohesive whole once Time is removed. It seems like we experience how we made others feel because all separations into me/you are removed as well. Looked back upon by those who return to life, it does seem like a forced review. Looked at with the realization of how things would be with time, physicality, and individualness removed, it makes perfect sense.

5) Evil is a purely human concept, having no meaning outside of linear existence. There is an inherent nature to the Universe, which is Unity, and there are actions which deny Unity, and we do tend to label such actions "evil", this is all true. But this label of "evil" is part of a dichotomy with "good", both of which have no meaning without the other. No action is inherently good or evil (or anything for that matter), it is simply an action. The labels of good and evil are ones that humans create in order to organize their experiences into those they prefer and those they do not.

It is impressive that you were interested in these matters at the tender age of 12, but I would recommend, as you get older, that you remember the words of Buckminster Fuller...

"There is something I do not know, the knowing of which would change everything."

CS