Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 20-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlearn
Pls do enlighten me on how is 'heal' different from 'cure'? I really am confused there.

"" I've worked with Reiki for over 18 years. I've seen it change peoples' lives for the better. I've experienced the changes it's made to mine. It continues to do so. I know it balances energy and re-connects us on many different levels, to allow the individual to heal themselves. ""

Please can you share what kind of changes we're talking about?
Dunno if I can 'enlighten', but I can let you know what I was thinking...

A cure is the end of a medical condition. The term may refer specifically to a substance or procedure that ends the medical condition, such as a medication, a surgical operation, a change in lifestyle.

Healing may be defined as the personal experience of the transcendence of suffering. A person may be healed on various levels of their psyche without being 'cured' of their dis-ease.

Perhaps I'm being overly pedantic. It *had* been a long day... but since you were referring to Usui-San's stroke, then while he might have been able to give hmself healing for the effects of the stroke (if he'd lived), he couldn't cure the actual problem itself.

Changes... mostly supporting the inner healing process by helping the person to release emotional trauma, energy blocks, fear. Also by aiding in spiritual growth.
Also by helping people undergoing invasive procedures such as chemotherapy.

An example of three responses to Reiki: a guy I gave a treatment to was a total sceptic. When working on his back, I asked if he'd had problems with his right shoulder blade, as he was taking alot of energy there. He said no... but caught me later and said he'd remembered a year before that, he'd pulled muscles there during rugby. It bothered him when he gardened, but he never really thought about it.

A man with several mental imbalances managed to release an emotion block while I gave him Reiki. The process itself was unexpected and quite traumatic, but he afterwards received counselling on the matter which allowed him to release that deep trauma.

A man came to me with MS. Although he never said much during or after the sessions, he let me know later that after we'd worked, he could go home and tackle his garden or play football with the kids - something he was unable to do before the healing. While I don't think Reiki would have cured his MS, I do believe it would have relieved his symptoms and made life easier for him, perhaps even delaying the progression of the disease.
Old 20-06-2011, 06:39 PM
unlearn

@ Enya

That's an interesting definition you have given there.

For my benefit lets take an example.

Consider this: if i were driving my car(lets assume this to be my Life) and suddenly i spot my fuel indicator indicating i'm running out of fuel(lets assume this to be the Problem). Now, going by your definition a Cure would be: me stopping at a gas station and refueling my car. And Heal would be something like covering the fuel indicator with a sticker or Paris Hilton picture-basically hiding it from my eyes so that i don't look at it and get stressed and keep driving blissfully on a long drive to some remote, hostile location (these would be the consequences).

If this is what you are trying to imply then i would prefer a cure over heal any day :)

Thanks for sharing your experience
Peace.
Old 23-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Enya

Well, by your anology, Cure implies you know the problem and the solution, which is rarely the case when it comes to healing someone. To Heal does not mean stick a plaster over it and pretend it don't exist. Healing means (to me) the process of finding and tackling the original problem, which may take a while or be instantaneous, depending on the patient's problem.

But we're getting tied up in semantics... to go back to your original question - have you debated this issue with your reiki teacher? It sounds like something fundemental which should be explored, otherwise you will carry your sceptism into your healing practice. Or perhaps Reiki is not the modality for you?
Old 23-06-2011, 04:48 PM
moke64916

Reiki works everytime I use it. I also use a different technique using palms. I never use my energy to heal anothers. But when I do heal, It comes very quickly. Instantly. Only those who are willing to be healed will it work. For me, healing doesn't work on myself, because it would interfere with my life lessons. Healing Self comes when the resistance stops. "A blind man will not change, for that he knows not what he does. It is when he sees is when the magic begins."
Old 23-06-2011, 04:58 PM
iolite

Unlearn...

Yes reiki, as well as other forms of energy healing, does work. Some conditions require regular treatments. In fact, Madam Tanaka, set up a reiki treatment center where clients would receive daily reiki treatments from multiple practitioners until well.

Sometimes one treatment will result in miraculous healing, but that is not always the case.

I've had many reiki sessions on my back for scoliosis, but it wasn't until I had sessions with quantum touch, did my scoliosis began to heal. Although, many sessions could not untorque my lower spine. That finally healed when I began using Dr. Christopher's Bone, Flesh and Cartilage formula (an herbal blend) topically and internally. I could feel the bones shifting because I would feel pain in my pelvis where I didn't normally have pain. But that's slightly off topic.

Most energy workers will eventually learn other forms of energy healing out of desire to learn and to have another tool in their bag.
Old 23-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlearn
Let me ask this question bluntly, does reiki healing really work?? Is it not just a figment of our imagination--warm palms, vibrations, tingling sensation etc. The founder of reiki himself died of a stroke. Why couldn't he heal himself??

Am i completely wrong in assuming that all people who think they can actually heal someone are having delusions of grandeur??

Don't get me wrong I'm not here to bash up reiki believers but just seeking answers to few tough questions. I'm Just requesting reiki practitioners here to ask crosscheck there conviction against these questions I've raised above and share their thoughts/opinion.

Hi Unlearn,

There's no wrong in questioning where there may be confusion!

It is my belief that I have been attuned to Reiki to be a channel for healing energy.

I answered a calling and I was in no way healed when I received the attunement, and I don't consider myself to be healed now!

As I open my channel I receive healing too!

This helps me to work through my own issues and walk my own journey of healing!

When I have received healing through others I am always told it makes the other person/people feel better too. Is my belief that powerful that it goes both ways? It's a strange one!

People believe different things, it's other's choice if they see themselves as the one who heals.

This could be to do with my teacher or it could be to do with my understanding or both.

I cannot answer why Master Usui couldn't heal himself, I'm sure it wasn't to create doubt and mistrust though. If he was still alive, would he be in the wrong? Would he not be dealing in something that others wanted nothing to do with also.

I hope this has answered your questions

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 23-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Enya

Darn, I was going to edit my earlier comments but it's too late... Anyway - your comment, UNlearn, about having illusions of grandeur... you're quite right and the first thing any healer should learn is that it is NOT them who does the healing. They are simply the facilitator, the hollow bone which allows the energy to be drawn on by the patient.

There's no real point in second-guessing what Dr Usui did or didn't do, but I suspect that, given his spiritual training and beliefs, he was probably accepting of his stroke and wouldn't have done anything more than called on healing energy to ease his pain until the time came to go. Perhaps he could have healed himself. Perhaps he chose not to.
Old 23-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Lunacie

I think "heal" and "cure" mean basically the same thing.

What I'm doing when I use Reiki energies is to balance the energies in the body so that the body can heal itself. If the body is unable to heal itself, the Reiki energies will allieviate the suffering to some degree.

I've "healed" pinched nerves and many broken bones. I don't heal them instantly, but the energies I channel allow the body to heal itself quicker than it normally would. I've had an orthopedic surgeon who was stunned when the broken & dislocated finger that he'd operated on was healed about 3 weeks sooner than expected. I've had an orthopedic doctor who congratulated me on healing my broken arm (the large bone) about 3 weeks sooner than expected.

I didn't do Reiki on my mother who was dying of cancer because she lacked the belief in the ability of her body to heal itself with my help, and because the cancer was too far advanced to cure it. I did what her spirit would allow to make her more comfortable and at peace.

Skepticism is a good thing as long we are willing to consider what's happening and why it may be happening.
Old 28-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Topology

unlearn,

I'll give my personal experience with energy work in general. I'm Reiki II attuned, but to be honest I really don't make a distinction between Reiki and other modalities.

At the bare minimum: The sensations generated through Reiki (and other energy working modalities) are calming and psychologically easing. As lunacie said it facilitates the body returning to normal function by removing stressors and "energy blocks". All of this may just be psycho-somatic, but that there is an affect I cannot doubt anymore.

The most potent energy experiences I have had occurred under this particular practice: Pilgrimage Process (www . pilgrimage . addr . com). Two people working together on a third person, and what is felt is that the two people working create an energy bubble.

As a practitioner, I have felt texture, such as static, flow, outward pressure, as far as 2 feet off the body. This did not feel like normal body heat. While working on people i could feel tangles in the flow and raking through these tangles or holding my hand over the area would feel like it smoothed the area out. The behavior of the person on the table changed often in correspondence with these events, a release of body tension, sometimes resulting in burping or farting, a deep breath, shifting to become more comfortable and relaxed. While I have not performed an formal statistical analysis, the co-incidence of these events were enough to overcome my skepticism.

The subject on the table, with eyes closed, can often identify what part of their body I'm holding my hand over (again 1-2 feet away depending on how much flow is coming through my hands). In the pilgrimage process, it can be anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes. Spending that much time under energy work has a tremendous psychological effect. People coming off the table are at times "energy drunk" loopier than just having cat napped. Subject report feeling euphoria. Some subjects report intense visual experiences akin to vision questing. Often through discussion a theme emerges about how the event facilitated a meaningful transition, something the person was processing that they felt more at peace about.

That there is a positive effect on a person through energy work, I have no doubt any more. But I think its primary healing effects are more about removing psycho-somatic interference. That is not the same as a placebo effect because without the energy work, the psycho-somatic effect wouldn't have been facilitated to such a degree.

I agree, the placebo effect is real. Taking a pill that we don't know is sugar and thinking it will have a positive effect can ease the stress we generate on ourselves, but doing this kind of energy work would be like downing a sugar pills and seeing 1000 times the effect. If that is "just the placebo effect" then the placebo effect is severely under utilized cause it actually helps A LOT. Calling it a placebo effect by skeptics is generally derisive and dismissive. "My beliefs are right, and your experience can be explained away under this sham phenomena." My attitude is, if it has a real effect then quit being a hater and start using the process for its effects. :)

I've some minor experience with remote energy work, in no way adept. But I no longer doubt the phenomena.

There's a point where skepticism falls to a preponderance of evidence, even if it is subjective or personal evidence. Being a skeptic for the sake of denial is a form of egotism, wanting to feel superior by perceiving others as inferior. The shadow side of the skeptic will feel energy work occur but choose not to explore the experience to see what is going on because they already "know" that nothing could possibly be going on. This kind of skeptic is not looking for truth, just the opportunity to tell themselves that they are right and others are wrong.
Old 28-06-2011, 04:26 PM
unlearn

@Enya

Thanks for taking the pain to explain the further. I know you mean well :)

@Topology

You've said it right, one should be willing to believe in something for it to take effect. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

One question to all. Do you guys practice self healing on a daily basis? If yes on all the places or just a chosen few?