Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-10-2017, 04:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Here are a couple of quotes to help one understand using some Kashmir Shaivism teachings.

I can add more but didn't want to go to deep with the quotes... just yet :)
Thank you for those wonderful quotes by Abhinavagupta.

When I think Siva, I think of both the imminent and transcendent aspects - according to the samkhya tradition and also the advaitic Brahman one.

I've reconciled the fact that this Divine Being can appear as a Jyotir Lingam one minute and have the Ganges flowing from His matted locks the next. Siva isn't limited by any form whatsoever. Also, when I think "Bhairava", I tend to think "God of Kashi" and I get just as confused as Adi Shankaracharya once did.

To me, Siva can appear in Puranic form, or not appear as Brahman Absolute and it is totally complete as Siva. Bhairava can appear as Mahakaal or not appear as Bhairava...I've made an unsteady peace with it, but I realise Siva must exist AS Siva to be called such, or else Siva would just be called Brahman.

Dear Jeremy, okay...so I have two 'demons' having coitus in my brain and I guess they cannot get any more 'demonic' than Bhairava and Bhairavi...and because I worship Kala Bhairava, I will concede...so, my demon looks like this, whatcha gonna do? lol

Om Batuk Bhairavaye Namah
Om Namah Shivaya
Old 04-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Master
Also, just by the by Jeremy...

When one raises Kundalini either correctly or incorrectly, Samadhi results. Once that happens, one realises that there are NO demons and anything that ever WAS 'demonic' is just an unbased, ungrounded fear! Life, death, fear, everything is transcended and is unimportant and yeah, Kala Bhairava could come and haunt me or kill me and all I will see is Siva!

So, if it happens, if Bliss happens, then no amount of demons could torment one...no amount of anything makes any difference anymore to what IS and it will just fade into total abject insignificance in light of that whole awareness. That's the beauty of it! Sure, I have all these physical symptoms, but I have also gone beyond my body, gone beyond death, so I don't dwell on it and it doesn't matter to me.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
A friend of mine provided this and I thought I would share.

While I can provide mappings to other traditions/frameworks for those who have questions, the descriptions are an attempt to be traditionless. Additionally, for any of those that have the capacity/interest, all such layers have the potential to be demonstrated. For those who think of it in mind terms, it is easiest to think of as local mind is a subset of universal/shared mind. They are also not necessarily linear in level.

level zero - this is not really a level. It could also be called the primordial. Outside or beyond universal mind.

level 1 - base manifest existence. All physical stuff.

level 2 - base emotions. Things like anger and fear are the driving nature of this level of local mind.

level 3 - Individual sense of self. Think of it as the level of most egotistical people. 90% of humans.

level 4 - Opening of heart. This is a huge step and what many consider awakening. It is the fundamental shift of moving from being focused on your individual needs to truly caring about others. A good example is a truly loving parent.

level 5 - Subconscious connection to others and your local surroundings. It this level one tends to feel and sense energy of beyond their local body. But the conscious mind does not yet know how to distinguish between what is outside, and what is energy spilling over and creating images or emotions that are experienced in the (local) mind.

level 6 - Huge step as one begins to actually see and consciously notice what you could call universal mind/universe. Some call this open 3rd eye stuff. Beginning of true Astral level activity. But it is still based in the local mind view of sense of self.

level 7 - Classically called the open crown, this is when you start to get cracks in the local mind version of sense of self. One starts to notice/touch the divine/light. Anyone who reaches this stage will often experience a divine being (or guru) to help them cross over into the light/divine. No fear of death at this stage.

level 8 - Light/Divine with out differentiation. Rather than a linear level, it is much more like a quantum leap. The local bubble of mind/sense of self has been cracked. Direct access to universal layer, but no ability to differentiate. You feel you are one with everyone, but can't really access or help on individual basis. It is like "being" rather than "seeing". This is also called the "soul" level by many, and the person "radiates" light.

level 9 - Light with beginning differentiation. You are one with all humans and begin to integrate with plants and animals. Still mostly local.

level 10 - Expansion has continued to more planetary and includes inanimate objects. Can directly access all beings within your sphere of being to various degrees of refinement.

level 11 - Beingness has expanded across what people call different dimensions. Possible to create and play with pocket universes and have astral level people visit them.

level 12 - boundary of what people call time and space. At this level, you can perceive forwards or backwards in time. Also, the historical limit of physical form/manifestation for maintaining human form.

level 13 - at this level there is no longer and sense of male and female at a human level. Beginning of what some traditions call the "god realms".

level 14-16 - Higher form realms, nothing really easy to describe. Many divine beings or gods reside there.

level 17 and above - formless realms of potential. Can find some higher immortals and divine beings residing there.

Any thoughts or questions?

thanks for sharing Jonesboy!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 04-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Also, just by the by Jeremy...

When one raises Kundalini either correctly or incorrectly, Samadhi results. Once that happens, one realises that there are NO demons and anything that ever WAS 'demonic' is just an unbased, ungrounded fear! Life, death, fear, everything is transcended and is unimportant and yeah, Kala Bhairava could come and haunt me or kill me and all I will see is Siva!

So, if it happens, if Bliss happens, then no amount of demons could torment one...no amount of anything makes any difference anymore to what IS and it will just fade into total abject insignificance in light of that whole awareness. That's the beauty of it! Sure, I have all these physical symptoms, but I have also gone beyond my body, gone beyond death, so I don't dwell on it and it doesn't matter to me.

im a little skeptical if there is a wrong way or right way if the end result is the same. it was some of the wrong things that helped me take flight. it was an interesting ride for sure. certainly put me to the edge of my mind of what i can handle. when on that edge surrendering to new experience is a lot easier.

the physical stuff has to do with the energy working its way through the body. you probably know that. that all eases up and goes away as shakti makes her path through everything. i have some clearing going on in my head that i can feel. the discomfort over time has gone from some what rough to mild and no big deal.

for me i would of walked across the country barefoot if it would of awakened my kundalini. once you get a taste of bliss its can be worth whatever one goes through to finaly rest in it. which i think we spend hundreds of lives doing. carrot in front of a donkey trick. we play the good guy, the bad guy, the victim, the sufferer, the winner, the adventurer, and on and on and on. to finaly taste it. whats some time in discomforts while it works through the body matter after all that. lol

Wherever I May Roam
Old 04-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Thank you for those wonderful quotes by Abhinavagupta.

When I think Siva, I think of both the imminent and transcendent aspects - according to the samkhya tradition and also the advaitic Brahman one.

I've reconciled the fact that this Divine Being can appear as a Jyotir Lingam one minute and have the Ganges flowing from His matted locks the next. Siva isn't limited by any form whatsoever. Also, when I think "Bhairava", I tend to think "God of Kashi" and I get just as confused as Adi Shankaracharya once did.

To me, Siva can appear in Puranic form, or not appear as Brahman Absolute and it is totally complete as Siva. Bhairava can appear as Mahakaal or not appear as Bhairava...I've made an unsteady peace with it, but I realise Siva must exist AS Siva to be called such, or else Siva would just be called Brahman.

Dear Jeremy, okay...so I have two 'demons' having coitus in my brain and I guess they cannot get any more 'demonic' than Bhairava and Bhairavi...and because I worship Kala Bhairava, I will concede...so, my demon looks like this, whatcha gonna do? lol

Om Batuk Bhairavaye Namah
Om Namah Shivaya

He comes to me and his black girl also comes to me but they don't fight me. They stay here sometimes and I can call them anytime I want. Their mind are not evil that I can feel about them. They also call me their mentor.

What I said is the energy collectors , the other groups who never care about others suffering and harvesting as they like. That's why I know how much power they've.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Nothing like "levels" to excite the ego; nothing like "nothing to do" to satisfy the intellect either.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Nothing like "levels" to excite the ego; nothing like "nothing to do" to satisfy the intellect either.

the ego is really misunderstand in spirituality imo. the religion to have no ego is a bit ridiculious. bliss lets you be yourself. and makes it easier to be yourself.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 05-10-2017, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree

Your Tree has certainly blossomed, flowers of wisdom
Old 05-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
He comes to me and his black girl also comes to me but they don't fight me. They stay here sometimes and I can call them anytime I want. Their mind are not evil that I can feel about them. They also call me their mentor.

What I said is the energy collectors , the other groups who never care about others suffering and harvesting as they like. That's why I know how much power they've.
Here's what I really love about that 'black dude' Jeremy:

Jonesboy may/not already know this and if he doesn't, I would be very happy to teach all about it (from my background in ancient Vajrayana traditions dating back to the 12th century).

There is a point, a focal point at which the lines of Hinduism and Buddhism meet and converge.

That picture above is of the cosmic manifestation of a Hindu God called Kala Bhairava (Siva)...He can also be called just Bhairava or Maha Kala (Mahakala).

In Buddhism, Mahakala also exists as exactly the same deity and it's a direct manifestation of Lord Shiva in the aspect of the Lord of Time/Death/Dissolution/Absorption and all that entails.

If you see a picture of Bhairava and a picture of Mahakala Bernagchen, they are one in the same! Mahakala is a deity that is similar to Hinduism and Buddhism alike...along with a minor female deity called Lakini, who is an aspect of Tara (the Star Goddess) - Lakini is also the presiding female deity of the Manipura Chakra in the human body.

Now, here's where it gets very interesting, Jeremy.

I've studied the linguistic dialects of the Indus Valley tribes and what is known as Bhairava in Sanskrit, became Vairochana in Pali.

In Buddhism, Vairochana is known as the "Adi Buddha" or the primal Buddha that existed before even the first Buddha did! It is the concept of "Buddhahood" which is personified into an attainable pre-existing consciousness.

Now, according to the Brahma Net Sutra, Verse 4:

Now, I, Vairocana Buddha am sitting atop a lotus pedestal; On a thousand flowers surrounding me are a thousand Sakyamuni Buddhas. Each flower supports a hundred million worlds; in each world a Sakyamuni Buddha appears. All are seated beneath a Bodhi-tree, all simultaneously attain Buddhahood. All these innumerable Buddhas have Vairocana as their original body.

Sahasrara Chakra anybody?

This is really 'old school' stuff, Jeremy, but I hope you have learned something...I hope others have learned it too.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Here's what I really love about that 'black dude' Jeremy:

Jonesboy may/not already know this and if he doesn't, I would be very happy to teach all about it (from my background in ancient Vajrayana traditions dating back to the 12th century).

There is a point, a focal point at which the lines of Hinduism and Buddhism meet and converge.

That picture above is of the cosmic manifestation of a Hindu God called Kala Bhairava (Siva)...He can also be called just Bhairava or Maha Kala (Mahakala).

In Buddhism, Mahakala also exists as exactly the same deity and it's a direct manifestation of Lord Shiva in the aspect of the Lord of Time/Death/Dissolution/Absorption and all that entails.

If you see a picture of Bhairava and a picture of Mahakala Bernagchen, they are one in the same! Mahakala is a deity that is similar to Hinduism and Buddhism alike...along with a minor female deity called Lakini, who is an aspect of Tara (the Star Goddess) - Lakini is also the presiding female deity of the Manipura Chakra in the human body.

Now, here's where it gets very interesting, Jeremy.

I've studied the linguistic dialects of the Indus Valley tribes and what is known as Bhairava in Sanskrit, became Vairochana in Pali.

In Buddhism, Vairochana is known as the "Adi Buddha" or the primal Buddha that existed before even the first Buddha did! It is the concept of "Buddhahood" which is personified into an attainable pre-existing consciousness.

Now, according to the Brahma Net Sutra, Verse 4:

Now, I, Vairocana Buddha am sitting atop a lotus pedestal; On a thousand flowers surrounding me are a thousand Sakyamuni Buddhas. Each flower supports a hundred million worlds; in each world a Sakyamuni Buddha appears. All are seated beneath a Bodhi-tree, all simultaneously attain Buddhahood. All these innumerable Buddhas have Vairocana as their original body.

Sahasrara Chakra anybody?

This is really 'old school' stuff, Jeremy, but I hope you have learned something...I hope others have learned it too.

Jonesboy,

I'm invited to answer here, sorry.

Shivani Devi,

Your black God Shiva is first integrated into my body and I take him out by my Buddha hand. And I feel that he's not a bad God then we have some talks. And he want to stay here for sometimes.

In Chinese series of Gods, there's also back Gods but they're not considered as high in their dharma energy. And they're usually mingled as the ritual (people are dead) practice or offering.... But so far there's none in the universe.

You've to know what you said about million of Buddha Sakyamuni. That's only saying Buddhas are in spirit form. But it doesn't mean the true Buddha Sakyamuni. It's like , in Christianity some describe spirits as all Christ. Or all spirits as Buddhas in Buddhism and all spirits in Hinduism as all Shiva. And they're all the same as Spirit.

Suttas are written by human and most of the writers can't see the actual deity and it's highly depending on what he can think or perceive or understand and he'll write out his style of thinking. They maybe a bit exaggerated. Or Hinduism and Tibetan Buddhism are practicing of Buddhas images. I've seen these images.

So far that I've dabbling in the spiritual realm. I never see any magical performance. That's nothing as the Sutras has described. And so far they're 5 millions of the Hindus Gods that has surrendered to me and staying in my universe-heaven in the universe. It's quite a great numbers but I can feel that their dharma energy isn't very strong.

That's why I'm sure that they've practicing of kundalini energy. But their kundalini energy is all deleted or vanished by me. It seems that it isn't a high quality or high level of dharma. It's more physical than spiritual direct beneficial energy.

So I just try to advise others and telling what's its contents and real function.