Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 20-09-2017, 06:28 PM
Seeker

Predictive astrology

Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this and reply! So I have been studying astrology and have come across predictive astrology. Are there any website or books that are great for learning about it? Also I am wanting to compare charts, for example I would like to know the planet positions and everything for a specific date in 2008 or whatever year I choose and compare it to future charts and just other significant dates to see if they line up or correspond if that makes sense. I hope this isnt confusing, I am honestly confusing myself half the time trying to find information and figure out how to explain what I'm trying to do. Thanks so much!
Old 20-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Master
Hi.

Imo, predictive astrology is like any other divination or spiritual skill, it takes quite a lot of practice and comes in time. I personally have not heard of any books or websites on it, but perhaps someone else here has.

My main point is a lot of astrologers I'd consider worth the effort to have read use their own natural intuition when reading a chart. This imo includes predictive astrology (future) and looking into current situations people are in and or past circumstances to get to the psychology of it.

Most who practice gifts and are indeed serious are doing it to help others.

General descriptions of what planets are supposed to mean, the aspect meanings and sign meanings imo are not enough.

Imo an astrologer worth their weight should be able to tell the client something even if only a little at first, personal about them. Like if one were to go to any psychic, without the need to ask any questions before hand or foreknowledge. I ask questions when I read- but they are part of the chart reading- and I am attempting to pick up the energy of the chart of the individual, in other words the questions are for feedback, I can not know if my skill is improving, if I give a reading and get no feedback.

In other words, like a medium is expected to communicate with a passed loved one, we do not wish nor want ever for them to fake it. We expect them to pick up on something.

Same for me when I have an astrologer read. I'd expect them to be able to tell me something personal to myself, or situation, present, past, or future.

Many charts I see read are read in the context of you have Sun square Saturn- then a general description of these combined planets that has been memorized.

This is not how I read, and I do not consider it true astrology. This is imo, I do not know how others feel about this.

As to what you are speaking of- predictive astrology, what I know in absolute truth about it is it takes years of practice. Reading charts not only for oneself but also for others, and feedback from others is a must.

I say this because I do not practice astrology in reference to future, I look at the present and past. And that in itself has taken years.

And I am still learning. Always.

Blessings to you, I hope you find more of the answers you are looking for.

Edit: The chart comparisons you speak of wishing to do sound like event charts, where information of the time, place and date of certain events happening is entered and a chart is drawn for that. Could this be what you mean?
Old 21-09-2017, 04:58 AM
Seeker

Wow thank you so much for such a wonderful reply!!! I have been fascinated with astrology for a few years now, and find myself learning something new every single day. What you said helped me a lot so thank you! Also I am so excited that you were able to provide me with what the chart comparisons are called. I am definitely going to be spending a lot of time doing research on event charts!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! Blessings to you as well!!
Old 22-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Pathfinder

I think what you're looking for is called an ephemeris . You can find free charts of planet positions for hundreds of years (past, present, & future) at astro.com . You may have trouble reading the symbols for the planets at first but it will be fun giving yourself something to study, nowadays you can find anything on google

I'm not an astrologer, just someone who has kept track of transits for personal reasons, watching over 30 yrs how transits affected (or is it effected?) ppl I know & had birth data for. It's been an interesting learning experience!

I certainly don't say I can predict specific events: what I do believe tho is that the chart describes certain energies that are going to be flowing during a certain time period.