Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 07-06-2014, 11:49 PM
LadyTerra

We seem to be into classics (this weekend) earlier we watched Gone With the Wind and now we are watching Patton. My Son is a veritable encyclopedia when it comes to the history of wars and the weaponry that was employed.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:44 AM
howl hej

Mr. Nobody

never even heard of it until the other day when a friend chose it on netflix and holy crackers, man, i was blown away throughout the movie it just kept seemingly like a messy hybrid of all these other different themed movies but like all the good ones. i rec it.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
We seem to be into classics (this weekend) earlier we watched Gone With the Wind and now we are watching Patton. My Son is a veritable encyclopedia when it comes to the history of wars and the weaponry that was employed.

Holy cow!! My youngest is as well. He is WWII historian and has obsessively studied many other eras. He and I both believe that he was there(WWII). He feels that he came back several times to different arenas and sides. It amazes me that he can so clearly understand the strategies involved. Almost all of the movies we own are war flicks. Gone With the Wind is one of my all time favorites.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Master
We watched Mr. Holland's Opus again on Sunday(have seen it several times.) I cry on and off thru the whole thing every time. It is a wonderful movie.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:50 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetruebeliever
We watched Mr. Holland's Opus again on Sunday(have seen it several times.) I cry on and off thru the whole thing every time. It is a wonderful movie.

This is (also) one of my Son's favorites. He inherited my Mother's musical ability and plays Classical Piano and just about anything with strings. He can read music and play by ear. This kid of mine is a contradiction in terms and a Blessing to my life.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:52 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Holy cow!! My youngest is as well. He is WWII historian and has obsessively studied many other eras. He and I both believe that he was there(WWII). He feels that he came back several times to different arenas and sides. It amazes me that he can so clearly understand the strategies involved. Almost all of the movies we own are war flicks. Gone With the Wind is one of my all time favorites.

LOL...when we have War Movie Weekend...he holds the remote in hand--so he can pause before each and every battle to explain the strategy that was involved!!! It took us nearly 4 hours to make it through "Saving Private Ryan"!

How old is your Son?
Old 10-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
LOL...when we have War Movie Weekend...he holds the remote in hand--so he can pause before each and every battle to explain the strategy that was involved!!! It took us nearly 4 hours to make it through "Saving Private Ryan"!

How old is your Son?

He is 26. He has been obsessively interested in WWII since he was 6. His older brother was interested as well. When he was 12, he started writing a book about the war, but of course, being 12 and manic depressive, he never touched it again once he put it down. How old is your son?
Old 10-06-2014, 03:30 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
He is 26. He has been obsessively interested in WWII since he was 6. His older brother was interested as well. When he was 12, he started writing a book about the war, but of course, being 12 and manic depressive, he never touched it again once he put it down. How old is your son?

32 and my Hero...he is working hard to support us--while I maintain the property and the house (which is on the market) so we can buy our Skoolie--then begin our journey across North America--like our Nomadic Fore-Bearers!!!

I might liken us to Gypsies...However...we will probably look more like Visigoths (seeing as how we are rather stocky and a bit furry...LOL)...so we will more than likely be seen as Hippies!!!
Old 10-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Master
Hmmm... furry travelers. Nothin' wrong with hippies! That was my greatest ambition when I was in 8th grade. Heehee. What an adventure you will have!! I admire your son.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:52 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Hmmm... furry travelers. Nothin' wrong with hippies! That was my greatest ambition when I was in 8th grade. Heehee. What an adventure you will have!! I admire your son.

Perhaps...someday...your Son will finish his book...buy you a Skoolie...and we will cross paths...in the Wilderness!

Off to do my morning Meditation...before the morning is completely gone!

Have a glorious day!