Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 18-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Pathfinder

Isochronic tones while reading a novel

This isn't exactly about meditation, but I didn't know where else to put it... Then again, perhaps it could be viewed as a different way to meditate.

So to start off, I have been meditating and listening to isochronic tones for a little over half a year now, after a two year hiatus. Sometimes I can zone out just like I need to, and sometimes my brain is too wired to feel like I've slowed down my brainwaves at all. I have been trying to train my brain to go into theta and so I use neuro-programier3 and also have a favorite isochronic tones video on youtube that is set to 5.5 hz. I used this particular video 2 years ago and had some very interesting experiences.

Also, I have decided to try and read more to develop my third eye and visualization skills, which are just awful. I cannot even see a simple apple if I try to, so I figured that reading novels would really help to develop my ability to picture things.

So the other night, I decided to put these two together to see what the experience would be of the mashup. I wondered if I could lower my brain to theta, while reading and picturing things, (and of course while staying awake) if it would strengthen my ability to visualize what I am reading, or at least entertain me while my brainwaves slow and then I could slip into a meditative state.

So far, I am still training myself to stay awake. Man, those theta tones are powerful... I have tried this for a few nights now, and have lost consciousness a few times while in the middle of reading, haha. Two nights ago, I slightly lost consciousness but had more of a vision... it looked liked I was flying through a starfield, but more like one of those screen-savers that were on all the computers back in late 90's - early 00's. I snapped out of it quickly though, and I wish I hadn't. Perhaps this will also be training not to snap out of visions ,because I have a bad habit of this.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried something like this, and what were your experiences/results? I know that I should have probably started doing this with alpha tones, but it doesn't really bother me that I am falling asleep, since for me that is part of the training.
Old 19-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Seeker

I like this idea. I think it depends on what you're reading.

Also, regarding visualizations - i'd would add tastes and smells to your thought processes to make more definitive and emotionally driven scenes.

My last thought, regarding third eye awakening is that I activated that through meditation and specific breathing patterns. Once that opened, I started having more developed visualizations. I don't know if I would be able to do it at the same time to start. Now, I activate my third eye (confirmed to me through a tingling and itching buzzy feeling) and then, turn to visualization if I can.

hope that helps.
Old 19-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Pathfinder

Glitterkiss,
Well, to start with I picked Anne of Green gables, partly because I just watched the new series on Netflix, so I can use some of those characters and scenes to make my visualizing easier, and partly because I wanted something in another era to push my visualizing further. I will probably re-read Lord of the Rings next, since he does such a great job describing literally everything.

I am curious which particular breathing exercises you used for opening the third eye. When I meditate, I do have clear visions. Sometimes in full color. I see a lot of faces and landscapes, sometimes animals and sometimes little movie clips. It is just trying to make up things on the go that I have issues with. I created a mind palace a while back, and got to where I could actually see myself moving around in it (in first person of course), but nowadays I can't seem to go there anymore. Everything is just black. I will say that even a small hit of marijuana goes a long way into improving my visualization skills, but I decided to stop relying on that.
Old 22-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Pathfinder

Just to update my progress, as I gain more experience doing this... today I had the familiar sensations of my body falling asleep while I was reading. These are the same sensations that I feel when trying to induce sleep paralysis, in hopes of astral travel or lucid dreaming.
I think that if anything, this will aid me in that. I have never been successful in mind awake-body asleep, and part of the problem is that it is a very uncomfortable thing as my muscles seize up and relax;coupled with my horrible concentration. The reading seems to keep me occupied while all of this is happening. I fall in to altered states every now and then, not falling asleep. Most of these seem to be filled with a completely different train of thought than my normal one, and as I snap out of it, it is as if pulling myself from a conversation that I can no longer remember. So I pull myself back together and continue reading.
I have a feeling this will lend itself into a WILD induced lucid dream, perhaps one centered around what I am reading at the moment, and perhaps I can astral project from that. My main goal for the moment will be to focus on the story and increase my concentration, while my body falls asleep in the meantime. My last act of the session will be to drop the phone (i've been reading as an ebook on my phone), rest my head and close my eyes, while the relaxation completely washes over me, meanwhile maintaining consciousness as I have been training myself to do. This, at least, will put me way farther into relaxation that I have ever been able to achieve with just isochronic tones alone...
Old 24-05-2017, 08:50 PM
Seeker

This is interesting indeed.

To share, the breathing is simple where I'll direct breath on inhale down into my root and up to my forehead, and then, the exhale repeats creating a passage way and projecting the inhale beyond me.

Another simpler version is, inhale goes deep into the root and exhale passes up spine and out third eye.
In both cases, the energy flow for me gets moving fast and almost instantly results in me having an intense tingling in my forehead and rushes of cool air.

Yet another version would use a methodology i learned in kundalini yoga where, using your thumb and forefinger to one nostril, alternation as follows: Inhale, right hand thumb closes right nostril, air travels through left nostril down spine to root. Hold, 4 count. When I hold, I feel pulsing or surging energy build and I direct that through my third eye.
Alternate nostrils passage so, release right and use forefinger to pinch left. Exhale, air through spine and out left nostril.
Hold. 4. Throughout, I'll be concentrating on third eye and again, almost can instantly activate that (tingling, etc).

After some of these, I start to visual clearly and try and add sounds and smell to the scenes I create. Hope all that is clear and helps.