Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 07-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Pathfinder

Some questions about healing

Hello all,

I am interested in becoming a healer. Long story short, I have been told by psychics that I have healing abilities, and I want to learn how to enhance them.
Anyway, I have other posts about that, so I won't talk more on that subject.

So - Basically I do have someone in mind I would like to try giving reiki to.
I only have my first reiki training, so I am not that experienced, and I am wondering if somebody would be able to explain the process of giving a reiki treatment. What should I do? Is there anything I should visualize? Any tips would be helpful. Also, is it possible to actually make someones problems worse by giving reiki? What I mean is, what if your own energy is in need of some healing, can you impose that negative energy on someone else by accident? I do not want to do this.

Those who are more experienced, please share your insight.

Thank you,

windwillow xo
Old 08-12-2010, 02:25 PM
iolite

With the 1st level of reiki, you're not presented with any symbols (at least I wasn't), but you've been "given" the symbols, I believe -- maybe someone else will clarify this point for me--. To do a reiki healing with level 1 attunement, you use the hand positions with the intent of giving reiki. A quick prayer to your guides and/or ascended reiki masters for help in your session to be a clear and open channel for reiki to flow to your client for his/her highest and best good is a good idea. If you don't feel prickles in your hands or heat right away, you will soon enough with practice. Ask your client for feedback too.

Diane Stein's "Essential Reiki" is a good book to have in your library. She shows what the symbols are. You can practice sending them to your client, as well and see if you notice any difference in the energy being sent.

Here is a link on reiki symbols: http://www.fortwaynereikialliance.net/reiki_symbols.htm
Old 08-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by windwillow
I only have my first reiki training, so I am not that experienced, and I am wondering if somebody would be able to explain the process of giving a reiki treatment. What should I do? Is there anything I should visualize? Any tips would be helpful.

windwillow... It's great you want to develop your healing abilities.

If you had the first training and still have these basic questions, either the teaching was lacking or you weren't paying attention. Whatever the reason, you need to learn more than the brief responses in a forum can give you.

I suggest studying a good Reiki book, since you don't want to get into giving healing when you aren't actually prepared.

Quote:
Also, is it possible to actually make someones problems worse by giving reiki? What I mean is, what if your own energy is in need of some healing, can you impose that negative energy on someone else by accident? I do not want to do this.

This is another question that should have been covered in your Reiki I class.

No, you can't make someone's problems worse with Reiki because the energy you are transmitting is not yours, but 'universal life force'. That's what Reiki means.

However, you should be practicing on yourself often... putting your hands on your body in the positions you learned... so that your own energy gets cleared. The more you do this the more effective Reiki will be when treating someone else.

Please put a little time and effort into thoroughly learning level I, and the other levels if you take them too, so you don't become like some people... trying to heal without really understanding what you are doing.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 08-12-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Hello all,

I am interested in becoming a healer. Long story short, I have been told by psychics that I have healing abilities, and I want to learn how to enhance them.

I only have my first reiki training, so I am not that experienced, and I am wondering if somebody would be able to explain the process of giving a reiki treatment. What should I do? Is there anything I should visualize? Any tips would be helpful. Also, is it possible to actually make someones problems worse by giving reiki? What I mean is, what if your own energy is in need of some healing, can you impose that negative energy on someone else by accident? I do not want to do this.

Thank you,

windwillow xo

Reiki doesn't have to be complicated - intent powers the energy. What I do is simply visualise a white light travelling through and then surrounding the person I want to give the Reiki to. If they have a specific problem (ie, stomach pain) I focus on giving light to that area after the whole body. There's nothing negative about Reiki so you don't need to worry about that. Just trust the light will work for the highest good of the person - and it will.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:20 AM
shaya48

WINDWILLOW

Quote:
Hello all,

Thank you,

windwillow xo

Hi Windwillow

I can only share with you how i work, i do not do reiki, i use hands on healing but all healing comes one the one source spirit and love.

Yes you do have the healing energies, first of all i never do any sort of spiritual work for clients if i have personal issues to deal with myself, or if i am not well i make sure i deal with issues that need clearing i then cleanse myself before i know i am ready to open up to my work with spirit.

To me the most important part before you begin a healing is being grounded and meditation plays a big part of my work.

I then through meditation ask my spiritaul guides, my spiritual helpers, my healing teachers, angels and the highest of gods presence and protection to be with me guiding me with the healing,( your spiritual help is your healing, they know on what emotional level that soul needs healing).We are just the recievers of their healing energy.Healing works on a soul level of what that person needs and that comes from spirit.

I then do a cleansing on myself.

When a client comes i make them feel comfortable and i always ask them what is going on in your life at the moment, my spirit guides and healers then take over and give me what i need to start working on that person, i always cleanse a person with a smudge stick as i do with the whole house and the healing table, i set crystals under the table i have lovely music on, candles, essential oils and i make sure my healing table is comfortable i use the colours of the chakra's on the healing table for my coverings so all the chakra's get a cleansing also.

I also find a soft mask with a couple of drops of essential oils of your choice for relaxing helps to bring in a total peace and calm for that person while you are working on them.

After i finish a healing i ask my spiritual help is there is anything they wish to give me for that person usually i recieve a message through to help them with any emotional problem they have, and it works well together with the healing.

I allow the person to open their eyes when they are ready, i ask them to sit up first give them a drink of water then when they are ready i ask them to put on foot on the ground first (as some are really light headed from the healing) then assist them to stand up.

They tell me what they experienced from that healing, what they felt, and saw while in that relaxed state and its nice to get that feed back, alot of them see a loved one in spirit, or meet a guide or being of light, and they feel very excited to have done that its great knowing they were connected to spirit in that way.

I bring them into my lounge and offer them a coffee or tea while i read out what has come through for them if they have a message and that finishes off the healing very well.

My home is is my healing space and reading space and i have nice energy in the whole house, i burn incense, candle, essential oils have nice music going to keep that energy in the house. and it makes a difference because i have had people say they can feel the energy before they enter the house. so that important.

When you have called upon all your spiritual help to come forward to connect to your energy for a healing just trust that you are protected in all ways , your energy is then ready to recieve of the highest of healing and love from gods light and presence.

You have been born with the energies to heal, it is your spiritual teacher and guides that progress you and teach you how to use those gifts, you will always be guided and spirit will bring the right kind of people with the right kind of energies into your life on this earth plane to help you also.

Your guides know when you are ready to progress to another level of learning ,you will have the necessary earth plane lesson to learn( as i did) as you go along your journey which leads you to understand more of life for your spiritual work, we gain wisdom and knowledge from our experiences so it is a balance of our connection to spirit and the earth plane both are for our learning.

You will be fine, just go with the flow, and trust in your spiritual help they never let you down, they give you what you need at any given time to help yourself and others.

I hope that hashelped in some way, i wish you all the very best with your healing work it will be very rewarding for you and you will help alot of people who will need your energy and love that is what healing is about offering unconditonal love to another soul in pain.

This may be helpful to you i dont know, but it is important to know and trust you are conneceted to spirit you may have your own way of connecting which is fine it may help someone else this is how i was taught to connect to spirit from spirit.

I call upon my spirit guides, my spiritual helpers, my teachers, healers ,angels and i ask for Gods presence from the "Higher Astral and Mental Planes of the Universe to come forward to bridge the gap between our world and the spirit world for my healing today. (These planes are the highest of Gods love and light.)

I know i am connected straight away when i ask for their help i dont doubt it or question it i trust feel and know it is there (they are there) with their highest of love, protection, wisdom, healing and all the energies they know my clients needs to help that soul.

love and light shaya
Old 10-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Pathfinder

Thanks everyone for all your replies. And thanks Shaya for your especially long reply. I don't know where these healing energies come from, but I have them, and I want to help people with them. I appreciate your answers, they were very helpful. I am considering taking a class on healing soon. Right now I am still soul searching, finding more out about myself, and trying to figure out who I am. Once I find out a little more about me, I will consider making healing a bigger part of my life.