Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 29-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Pathfinder

Oracle Cards - lots of choices

I spent some time earlier looking over Oracle decks online. Some over at JanetBoyer's site and some on Amazon. A few that appealed to me was Sonia Choquette's Connecting with Guides, Doreen Virtue's Ascended Masters deck and the Doreen Virtue Archangel Raphael deck. They all seem to be priced the same $10.85, which in itself seems odd to me. Not a big deal just surprised actually that a deck of cards is priced that low.

In the past, I used for a very short while the Thoth Deck Actually I found them to be accurate for the most part but then would generally take the message as vague or hard to integrate into my life.

I'm not even sure what I'm asking for here in this post Only to say I am somewhat boggled by the plethora and whether or not it is a way to tap into the things that I need to know.

Anyone have experiences with any of these aforementioned decks? I would probably get one and move on from there.

Thank you,
French Fry
Old 29-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Docha

Well my first deck was my goddess oracle deck. It was one of those I was looking for angel cards and they were no where to be found, but my goddess deck turned out to be the better fit. As it works directly with mythology...which is a passion of mine, and it crosses all cultures....so even better!

Oracle cards are a little easier, as in they are clear cut messages, but harder to get true whats going on around the situation reads...I have a few oracle decks, none that you listed though, sadly.

I find oracles are really better suited for me for introspection work. What is going on in the subconscious, or the one card reads for a message of the day. To do a whole Celtic cross spread with them - is a little much.

Most decks will come with a book that gives explanations of different ways to use them and will also show you different spreads - three card and four card work well with oracle cards.

Overwhelmed by the choices...just keep looking til you see the - I HAVE to have THIS deck - deck. You will keep going back to the one you should have...lol
Old 29-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Kristin050585

I use both of the brian froud faerie decks and I love them. A three or 4 card spread is the most I will do. I am always looking around for new decks. I eventually want to get a tarot deck but for now the oracle ones work fine for me. I still use the book with mine just because I might miss something. Just keep looking. The ascended masters is beautiful though. I have seen it.
Old 29-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Master
I have the ascenede masters deck aswell as Archangel Raphael and working with your guides aswell as many others, i enjoy all the decks i have, and always on the look out for another deck LOL. I also have the lovers tarot and the druid craft tarot but not worked with these as of yet.

Love Golden Angel ;)x
Old 29-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Trieah

I've got the Ascended Masters and Archangel Raphael decks as well. Though I must admit, I use the Raphael cards more the I do the Ascended Masters. And I do have one of Sonia Choquette's, but not the one you're asking about. I have the Trust Your Vibes deck. It's still fairly new, so I haven't had a lot of time to play around with it yet.

I'm always on the look out for a new oracle deck. I'd love to get my hands on the Oracle of Shadow and Light deck That one really speaks to me. And if Ciro Marchetti's new oracle deck wasn't so expensive, I'd be jumping all over that one. My avatar is actually from Ciro's oracle deck.
Old 29-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Master
I love

your avatar Trieah, may have to have a look for this deck of cards. Thank you.
Love GA ;)x
Old 30-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Trieah

Don't quote me on this, but I think you can only get it on his web site cause he's self published this one. It just came out a few months ago and comes with a CD as well as a full color book. Probably why it's so expensive, around $50.

He said he doesn't like themed cards, so his deck is nothing but picture. The artwork alone is just incredible. I had a hard time deciding which card to use as my avatar, LOL Here's a link to the deck, where you can see all the cards. http://www.ciromarchetti.com/ciromar...f_Visions.html
Old 06-09-2011, 10:39 AM
hawkslayer

I was interested to see a thread about oracle cards. For me I have never been comfortable with tarot decks even though i did use one when i first started to do readings. One day i was in a bookstore looking for a new deck when a deck jumped out at me and took my attention. It was a mayan oracle deck which i then bought and took home. I read the accompanying book all about the cards meanings and also some history of the mayans is also included in the book. I have used that deck on many occasions and have found the readings detail a lot more in depth than i ever found with tarot. Besides a nordic rune set this is the only deck i have found a resonance with. The deck is called the wisdom of mayans but i have never seen it again so i dont know if it is still available.