Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 17-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Tanith

A bit of help with interpretation please :)

A few days ago, I did a reading for myself, just a general reading, but I used the "Romany" spread, a layout of 3 rows of seven cards, 21 cards in all. I read the "columns" seperately, combining the three cards in each column to interpret. I was able to understand much of what it said, but there is one column- Column #4- that is troubling me and I cannot figure it out.

Here is the layout:
Row 1: 3 of Cups, High Priestess, 2 of Wands, The Emperor, 7 of Wands, Chains, Queen of Cups
Row 2: 10 of Wands, The Chariot, The Tower, 7 of Swords, Death, The Empress, Knight of Pentacles
Row 3: The Hanged Man, 4 of Swords, 2 of Pentacles, 6 of Swords, 8 of Wands, Knight of Wands, Knight of Swords

Column 1: 3 of Cups, 10 of Wands, The Hanged Man
I believe the combination of these cards signals a time of great happiness or relief, but only after discord and troubles. Each of these cards represents a different type of energy- positive, negative, and neutral. There is currently a suspension of events that could turn either way. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Column 2: High Priestess, The Chariot, 4 of Swords
High Priestess could refer to a person or goddess influence, but also serves to remind that no matter what happens, the future is always changing and is never stayed. The Chariot warns that control must be maintained, though it is difficult, and two opposing forces must be brought together, perhaps recieving help from the High Priestess. If this is accomplished, a period of rest will come, a pause from all the chaos.

Column 3: 2 of Wands, The Tower, 2 of Pentacles
What is feared most is discord and catastrophe at home. You fear setbacks, you are frustrated. 2 of Pentacles reveals the juggling of two or more life events, and there is the fear of losing control. Take the advice of 2 of Wands: Focus your energy to accomplish your dreams; it requires courage and planning or dreams will disintegrate.

Column 4: The Emperor, 7 of Swords, 6 of Swords
Need help with this grouping.

Column 5: 7 of Wands, Death, 8 of Wands
Both 8 of Wands and Death point towards change or transformation. Though these cards are positive in nature, 7 of Wands issues a warning. There are difficult times now, or soon, and to get through them you must transform yourself, you need change. Step back and look at the situation. Once you see clearly, barriers will fall and events will move quickly.

Column 6: Chains, The Empress, Knight of Wands
You are oppressed by your own fear or reluctance. You refuse to see past the illusions you have created for yourself and continue to dwell on negative thoughts. However, the Empress indicates good news, and perhaps a goddess influence on your path. But depending on the path you choose (staying wrapped in illusion or allowing a good influence to help), the sudden change as indicated by the Knight could be good or bad. Quick action is needed.

Column 7: Queen of Cups, Knight of Pentacles, Knight of Swords
The Queen represents a strong feminine influence with a loving and protecting nature. I believe she may represent my own mother, who is very strong in psychic abilities, and this card indicates strong psychic feelings. The other two cards point to troubled times: Knight of Swords seems to say there will be difficulties with others, someone may attack you (verbally, as in persecution), possibly because of your beliefs. A misfortune may be near. The Knight of Pentacles points towards uncertainty- gain or loss. The Queen could represent 3 things: Either the person is the cause, the person is the recipient, or due to the nature of the card, it simply means this person will be there for the reader no matter what happens.

So there you are, the complete layout. I am sorry~! It is very long. The interpretations are what I believe the most likely, and the most probable for myself. Column 4 is what I really need help on, and perhaps a bit of help on the last one. However, any help that includes a generalization of the reading would be immensely helpful!

Thank you!
~Tanith