Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 12-08-2011, 07:03 PM
RisenPhoenix

Fortune Telling with Playing Cards - Sophia??

Has anyone read this book? I bought a pack of playing cards a few months back for play, but never used them. I became interested in cartomancy and decided I would try to use them for divination. For some reason I'm drawn to using them moreso over the tarot. So I purchased a copy of this book from Amazon. It's very easy to read and understand. I don't know if I'll ever memorize all of the meanings of each of the cards. I did give myself a simple star spread reading and it was pretty darn accurate for what's going on now and the past and I can see how the future placement is possible in general.

She also has a way to do spells with the cards at the end of the book. I don't think I'll be venturing into that area but it's all interesting.

Has anyone tried using playing cards based on her teachings?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Master
The original tarot used in medieval Italy was used as a card game.

It's worth a look in here http://www.trionfi.com/
Old 12-08-2011, 10:19 PM
RisenPhoenix

Yes norseman, I've read the history of the tarot and how playing cards derived from it. That knowledge is what made me want to try cartomancy. Sophia briefly explains the origins of the decks and how different countries used them throughout the centuries and how they became what they are today. From the way she explained it in her book though both the tarot and playing card decks original function was for divination and somewhere along the way people who didn't know how to use them for divination began to play games with them. She also mentioned as they were introduced to different countries/cultures each one used them for different purposes. So perhaps the order of their function depends on which cultures history of using them is considered. According to her the spades/clubs/diamonds/hearts we know today originated in France.

I just gave my first reading ever for my sister (simple star - 4 cards) using the explanations in the book and it nailed her current circumstances and the future placement also made sense. Now I want to attempt to memorize the meanings of each card.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:19 PM
tragblack

The "Dao" works through everything. =)
Old 12-08-2011, 10:20 PM
tragblack

You need a message,
Dao will find a way.
Old 13-08-2011, 04:45 PM
RisenPhoenix

tragblack, what's the "Dao"?
Old 13-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Docha

I use playing cards, no books though so can't comment on that.

I use basic numerology and what I know of the tarot suits, court cards are possible people kings and queens older men or women, jacks a young person.

Its harder to get indepth for me with them, they tend to be more predictive reads than introspective.
Old 14-08-2011, 06:11 AM
RisenPhoenix

Hi Docha, I'm fascinated that you use no books so I'm curious of what your interpretation would be for the following in a simple star (4 card) reading:

10 of Diamonds (current position)

Jack of Spades (crossing or covering current)

Jack of Clubs (past)

3 of Hearts (future)
Old 15-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Docha

Well I think the question had to do with love. But it could be a job inquery.

10 is the culmination of lessons. So its a begining, with a completion. The seeker, is not looking to fill a void per say, but to start something that will be fullfilling.

The diamonds tell me its a very grounded or material/physical stance.

The jack of spades. A young person who is causing a bit of conflict. This is a challenge that must be addressed though the conflict could be in the reaction the seeker has and not definately an outward influence.

The jack of clubs is probably the same person as spades, who once influenced and inspired thoughts, encouraged growth.

The three of hearts, creative love. Compromise will most likely be reached. 3 is creation, union divonity etc. Emotions are represented by the hearts.

The outcome is what makes me question if its a business venture, as conflict in the begining or starting of the read is fincially/materially, compromise would come about with the same person.

If its a love question the conflict proabably has to do with a fincial investment or even marriage
Old 16-08-2011, 03:39 AM
RisenPhoenix

Thanks Docha! That gives a slightly different spin than the book interpretations. Interesting that you read the two jacks being the same person. Makes sense. I actually didn't have a question with that reading, it was more of a general reading I was giving myself to test out the book. Thanks again for your interpretations :)