Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 04-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Bella

This has no cause. (Sudden fear of dogs). Why ??

This is bewildering me. It seems for the last 6 months, I've developed a strong fear of dogs. I think it started when some distant family member I'm currently living with bought a new dog after her Labrador? before passed away (which I was there for, in the garden, experienced the whole process.) once she walked through the door with this new pup (who came all the way from Alabama and was severely abused before) I didn't think much of it at all, I just looked at the dog and thought "Oh, okay, this is the new member of the house, alright." noted it's vulnerability and fear and just went with keeping my distance knowing there is many people that are around the house that was already head over heels for it.

I'm not sure when the fear started but I remember on the first day the new dog showed, I was bending down on it's level talking to it in a soothing voice telling him it was okay, everything's fine, since he was shaking in front of everyone. I soon got up and departed. It seems once the dog started getting more comfortable and more loud, every time I'd be facing it alone I'd watch it defiantly keeping my distance from it, not making any movement, the understanding would come about the dog like how I feel with any animal, but then fear of it's being & nature, panic and the urge to get away.

I was just in the car with my mother's dog and it was in the back seat with me, it was having some sort of panic attack and kept staring at me, I was basically having some sort of panic attack with it but hiding it extremely well from everyone, the panic was how intensely I was feeling it's panic plus my own and not understanding any of it rationally. I was panicking so bad and could feel my whole face expressing some sort of pain, this panic kept going on in my head and then I became afraid.

Whenever I cross a dog while walking on a street I always make sure to divert it and not look at it.

There's some sort of relationship I'm feeling with dogs now and I don't understand it. I grew up with a lab+boxer cross female till I was 15 and felt very safe around her.

I've never been attacked by a dog, but feel towards them a kind of ... dislike ...

Another thing strange I find is with dogs that resemble wolves and are very big sized like police dogs, I feel very safe and whenever I'm around one I get very physically attached to it's side. Any other type of dog I for some unknown reason I feel nothing but a strong dislike, not a dislike where I stare it down or anything but just like "Keep your distance I'll keep my gladly."
Old 04-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Master
maybe somethng happened at energetic level? or you are some type of animal empath..

I would look at symbolic mean of dogs maybe in a dream dictionary and animal totems that could tell you on a metapshysical level what the fear is
Old 04-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Master
oh and i forgot i would tap on this using eft