Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 21-10-2010, 04:15 PM
abikisses

Very very odd!

As I lay down to AP last night, the only chance I get is before bed and although I realise I am mostly likely to fall asleep, as I most often do, I have had two AP doing it this way...

So I was there about two hours, I felt I was hovering about 1 inch above my body, I could feel my astral arms but also my human arms too.

I didn't fall asleep, considering this late pm time, I was wide awake in this position but I got to a point where absolutely nothing was happening, I didn't go anywhere, so I turned to my side to fall asleep and was instantly out!

Is this familiar to anyone? What did you do in this position?

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 21-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Master
Abikisses--

I recently posted about a set of AP videos that talks about the Roll Over Urge. On your back, your mind keeps testing the body to see if it is asleep. The more we resist the urge, the stronger it gets. (It can be in the form of itches, movements of legs, crossing of arms or legs, etc.). Finally, it gets so strong we roll over.

That is the signal Yes to the body that it is ready to go to sleep. So then keeping the mind awake is the key.

I posted a link to this before. Let me see if I can find it. Interesting ideas, though.

IsleWalker - Lora

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJOMqIhvHM&p=E3E88DE0B45599E3&index=1&pla ynext=1

He explains pretty well physiologically why the urge, how to "trick" the mind and body since they work somewhat independently of each other, and other interesting ideas. Comes across like an infomercial, though!

Last edited by IsleWalker : 21-10-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 21-10-2010, 09:07 PM
abikisses

Hi Lora

Thank you so much, I have seen your posts and enjoyed reading them.

It was just so strange last night that there was no body sensations, no itches, no tiredness, no nothing, just a nothingness.

Ahh just one of those things

Blessings
Abikisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Abikisses--

I recently posted about a set of AP videos that talks about the Roll Over Urge. On your back, your mind keeps testing the body to see if it is asleep. The more we resist the urge, the stronger it gets. (It can be in the form of itches, movements of legs, crossing of arms or legs, etc.). Finally, it gets so strong we roll over.

That is the signal Yes to the body that it is ready to go to sleep. So then keeping the mind awake is the key.

I posted a link to this before. Let me see if I can find it. Interesting ideas, though.

IsleWalker - Lora

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJOMqIhvHM&p=E3E88DE0B45599E3&index=1&pla ynext=1

He explains pretty well physiologically why the urge, how to "trick" the mind and body since they work somewhat independently of each other, and other interesting ideas. Comes across like an infomercial, though!
Old 21-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Master
Abi--

You know, you were separated, it sounds like. Your "other arms" were out. You just need to have your target place in your mind. You kind of build one by visualizing some place (6-10 feet away from where you sleep), detail by detail.

Buhlman first said, I thought, visualize the whole room. It would take me a long time to go around the room, recalling each picture, each pot, each thing in the room. The hardest was the bookshelf with a bunch of decorative things on it. I did it before I attempted the projection and by the time I got done visualizing all that stuff, my eyes hurt. That can be done at some other time, not necessarily before you start your projection attempts. But you will have it firmly in mind when you think of it later. You can protect it with energy once you have created it and specify that only those with your best interests at heart may visit.

I think you build a virtual place that you (and others that you invite) can go to. So, once you know your hands are out, and you are aware, think of that place.

But don't forget while you're lying there, to ask for Energy Now! or Clarity Now! or Full consciousness now! It really does help you get the energy you need to separate, to see or to be fully aware. And remembering to do it whenever you lose juice--is a skill.

But, congratulations, you were there!~

IsleWalker - Lora

Last edited by IsleWalker : 22-10-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Old 22-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Rumar

When i was still new to astral projection, I had trouble focusing and believing that I was doing it... but all in all, over time of astral projecting, lately I've been only finding time to AP right before I fall asleep, even for just a fast minute I'm good, so now a days after doing it so much, it's no problem.

Treat it like exercise, hard to start up, a struggle to keep at it on a regular basis, but after much of doing it your body gets tuned to doing it.
Old 22-10-2010, 03:47 AM
Master
Rumar,

Like exercise...I like it! Demystifying, and something I can understand! Thanks.

Isle
Old 22-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Rumar

Quote:
Rumar,

Like exercise...I like it! Demystifying, and something I can understand! Thanks.

Isle
Hey, whatever helps, another thing that helps people is to wipe out emotion and reason, don't worry, don't care, just do it. Even if you're starting to doubt, wipe all thoughts and emotions. By separating yourself from your own potential and your own faults, this helps you start a clean slate. Get back to us whenever there's an update.
Old 22-10-2010, 07:14 PM
abikisses

These videos are awesome lovely, thank you so much for posting them. I am applying them!

I will update you as to how it goes.

Blessings
Abikisses

Quote:
Abikisses--

IsleWalker - Lora

Here is the link:

Old 22-10-2010, 07:44 PM
abikisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumar
When i was still new to astral projection, I had trouble focusing and believing that I was doing it... but all in all, over time of astral projecting, lately I've been only finding time to AP right before I fall asleep, even for just a fast minute I'm good, so now a days after doing it so much, it's no problem.

Treat it like exercise, hard to start up, a struggle to keep at it on a regular basis, but after much of doing it your body gets tuned to doing it.

I like this explanation, makes sense to me.

I know that with physical exercise I feel clumsy until I do it regular and build up my strength, so thank you!

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 22-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Master
Abikisses... In my view, the thing to do when you notice you are slightly out of body is to go somewhere. It helps to have chosen a target spot ahead of time, such as a familiar spot in your home to begin with.

Xan