Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 12-11-2017, 11:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scommstech
It is true that the EGO is not who we really are but it is the vehicle for finding out our Divine potential.
That knowledge once learned by the EGO has to be passed on to the true self to allow our true self to develop.
There is no point in having such a thing as the EGO if it were not designed for a purpose. Once our Divine potential is reached then there would be no use for an EGO and they would cease to exist.
The creator needs us to learn for ourselves, just as we go to school as children to learn.
Children are born with the ability to learn, they are not born with a fixed limitation because their potential is endless. It is up to the child to find its potential.
Our EGO is the vehicle for finding out our potential. Just because it gets things wrong doesn't matter it is part of the learning curve.
I see, the ego to me is an illusion, we cannot learn anything from it, in fact there is nothing to learn because we are already that which is beyond the ego. Trying to learn something from the ego is like a criminal pretending his a policeman, no the ego needs to be dropped, just simply seen for what it is, shine the light on darkness and where is the darkness.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:56 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I find that pretty dark and disturbing, actually. Am I not free to be who I want to be? Our personality or ego is what identifies us individually, if we were all the same for the rest of eternity that would be rather boring.
The personality is our mask we wear, the word personality is derived the the word persona meaning mask. We all wear a different mask on whatever occasion, but we are not the mask. Yes we do need our individuality to get by as we also need time so as to function as a collective group of people, such as being on time for work, but like the ego there is no such thing as time, there is nothing dark about this, in fact its darker when we believe we are the ego.
Old 13-11-2017, 12:12 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
You're taking this much further than you need to. Of course our personally evolves with ones passing but it's certainly not extinguished. You knew yourself at some level when you were only 6 years old, you've dramatically changed since then but you still feel present as your intimate self in much the same way. "I" is "I" regardless of the content. When you pass-on, this "I" that you feel yourself to be remains in focus. The beliefs that you held will certainly be updated, but your identity as "self" will remain consistent. :)
No, I cannot agree with that, I hold onto nothing when I die, I will be, what I was before I was born, and that is pure Consciousness, this Consciousness is the blissfulness that animates through all, its just the mind that veils it from us. The belief in an after life is just that, a belief, this belief is from the ego that never wants to die, we as the mind body organism are truly the selfish gen.
Old 13-11-2017, 12:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
The personality is our mask we wear, the word personality is derived the the word persona meaning mask. We all wear a different mask on whatever occasion, but we are not the mask. Yes we do need our individuality to get by as we also need time so as to function as a collective group of people, such as being on time for work, but like the ego there is no such thing as time, there is nothing dark about this, in fact its darker when we believe we are the ego.

But if our personalities vanish what do we become after we die then? Will we all automatically become saints with haloes above our heads and forced to join angel choirs for the rest of eternity or something like that?
Old 14-11-2017, 12:15 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
But if our personalities vanish what do we become after we die then? Will we all automatically become saints with haloes above our heads and forced to join angel choirs for the rest of eternity or something like that?
No, we become nothing, our identity as the ego and all of its conditioning is finished, just like the light that goes through the projector and the story of the movie is seen on the screen. At death the story is finished but the light is still there, the light being Consciousness.

We are like the bulbs throughout the house, each bulb is lite by the electricity, when the bulb is no longer working we replace that bulb, the old bulb is finished and the new bulb is lite by the same electricity, and so with us, but instead of electricity its Consciousness.
Old 14-11-2017, 01:33 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
No, we become nothing, our identity as the ego and all of its conditioning is finished, just like the light that goes through the projector and the story of the movie is seen on the screen. At death the story is finished but the light is still there, the light being Consciousness.

We are like the bulbs throughout the house, each bulb is lite by the electricity, when the bulb is no longer working we replace that bulb, the old bulb is finished and the new bulb is lite by the same electricity, and so with us, but instead of electricity its Consciousness.

It may be more accurate to think of the light as the Divine source of our "being". The EGO is the stain on the lens that prevents the light reflecting our full potential. As the EGO becomes wiser and more knowledgeable it then starts letting more light through so that eventually the EGO will cease to exist and all that is left of us is pure Divinity. How many lifetimes this will take is any ones guess.
Our EGO's are going through a progressive process. They don't just "burn" out. It is the same EGO at every reincarnation but hopefully a progressively wiser one having retained the values learned at it previous carnation.
Old 14-11-2017, 07:50 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scommstech
It may be more accurate to think of the light as the Divine source of our "being". The EGO is the stain on the lens that prevents the light reflecting our full potential. As the EGO becomes wiser and more knowledgeable it then starts letting more light through so that eventually the EGO will cease to exist and all that is left of us is pure Divinity. How many lifetimes this will take is any ones guess.
Our EGO's are going through a progressive process. They don't just "burn" out. It is the same EGO at every reincarnation but hopefully a progressively wiser one having retained the values learned at it previous carnation.
Yes, there is no need for life times, its here and Now, why wast it on the so called future that I believe doesn't exist, yes we are what we are already, we cannot be anything else, if of course we believe in the illusion.
Old 15-11-2017, 12:27 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Yes, there is no need for life times, its here and Now, why wast it on the so called future that I believe doesn't exist, yes we are what we are already, we cannot be anything else, if of course we believe in the illusion.

Out of interest, if you believe that there is no future does that mean that for you there is no tomorrow, or any days after. If that's the case why plan anything.
Old 15-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

I've studied a lot of NDEs, and most of them (by that I mean about 90%) are contradictive to your view that there is only ''consciousness'' after death. But if those are your Buddhist views or something like that it's alright. At least it still sounds a lot better than the Christian based afterlife.
Old 15-11-2017, 01:56 PM
Master

My reading time at the moment is devoted to The Presence of the Past a book by Dr. Rupert Sheldrake a biochemst from Cambridge University (UK) who is well-known for his tendency to conflict with general sciences in his search for, to put it simply, why things have forms. He also wrote The Science Delusion and A New Science of Life. See youtube.

I like to read his works because here is a man who would I think, say something like 'don't be so dogmatic' when observing scientific conclusions.

This is actually what I would also say having been subjected (if that's the right word) to a number (16) of quite startling experiences in my life. Three of these moments have been sufficient to persuade me - without a doubt - that life goes on afer death in some way. One: my step-father died in the night 1000 kilometres away but told me and showed me within seconds or minutes how happy he was (dead). Two: my late wife appeared to me (of all places in the kitchen) as a 'shimmer' about ten weeks after her death. Three: I experienced a shattering understanding of the oneness of everything in a moment of unbelievable synchronicity high on the sides of Mount Etna in Sicily.

Naturally those people who have never lived through such moments, whatever they may be, can well brush the experiences of others aside. Life however does seem to me to be a place to give cause to ponder, and as the scope available (to ponder) is so immense it can probably be said that all is true. As this knowledge is universal it doesn't need a mathematician to explain life.

And yes, I am personally convinced that as science progresses we'll make discoveries in many thousands of years, which will give us the proof we need to see that life isn't or wasn't just an accident. Sheldrakes 'Morphic Fields' are just a start.