Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-04-2018, 11:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Here's a 'revealing' (video) demonstration of disarming hypnosis - in this case, with no 'words' used at all!:

https://www.facebook.com/10002328525...5635197889321/

It shows how easily a more power-full mind-n-spirit (or 'intent') can influence, i.e. in-fluence, a less power-full mind-n-spirit (or 'intent').

Such in-fluence may be ethical/benevolent, as in the case of many (not all!) parents, teachers and healers, or unethical/co-optive as in the case of many (not all!) politicians and religious leaders, seductresses and con-artists.

The only thing I saw was some random guy capturing a snake by distracting it with his one hand and then grabbing it from behind with the other, and then somehow placing it in a trance which seems familiar to a diver doing the same thing with a shark by rubbing it's nose. Also the truth is that most humans are easily manipulated and extremely gullible which is what religious cult leaders and politicians take advantage of in combination with lies and false promises. However, doesn't work on me because I have a special gift of being able to detect rubbish a mile away and to be honest I'd choose this ability over that Harry Potter sh#t any given day if it was real.
Old 25-04-2018, 12:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
... and then somehow placing it in a trance ...
Ain't that what we're talkin' about?

Quote:
The only thing I saw ...
We're all en'trance'd by what we 'see', which also results in our not 'seeing' what we don't 'see' BTW. Such "negative hallucination" is also a phenomenon associated with 'hypnosis'.

Quote:
to be honest I'd choose this ability over that Harry Potter sh#t any given day even if it was real.
Some 'spirit'ual philosophers believe and propound that everything one sees and does (or doesn't see and doesn't do) is a choice actuated by one's own 'power' - that we are all (little) 'gods' in this respect.

Some find that hard to believe because many things that happen don't feel like they are 'chosen', however. It helps to believe it if one thinks of oneself and (so) feels oneself to be a subsidiary 'cause(r)' stemming from a Prime 'Cause(r)' who is swimming about in a stream of other subsidiary 'cause(r)s', I think.

The idea of such sequential co-entrance-continue-ment being a 'real' phenom, whether it is regarded as a mundane or magical phenom, is unacceptable to those who wish to and so think of themselves as 'independently' powerful 'gods', I also think.

You have power-developed to the point where no one else could possibly change your mind/trance, I think.

May you 'use' said 'power' for 'good', I say. 'Tis better than the alternative, aye what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3dz0HjIAKg
Old 25-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Ain't that what we're talkin' about?

Yes but what I'm saying is that the cause of this ''trance'' most likely has nothing to do with magic mind tricks and/or hypnosis but rather a natural reaction of the snake's body and mind upon being touched at a certain area. If this wasn't the case, then clearly this man didn't need to touch the snake at all.

Quote:
You have power-developed to the point where no one else could possibly change your mind/trance, I think.

That's not power... It's called stubbornness and yes I am stubbornly entitled to my own perspective on things and when it's backed up by logic and reason there's little wrong with that. But it has no relation to the power I actually refer to: knowledge of human nature. This is indeed real power, even though it's nothing like hollywood and anime stuff like eye lasers and super strength.

Quote:
May you 'use' said 'power' for 'good', I say. 'Tis better than the alternative, aye what?

Agreed.
Old 25-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes but what I'm saying is that the cause of this ''trance'' most likely has nothing to do with magic mind tricks and/or hypnosis but rather a natural reaction of the snake's body and mind upon being touched at a certain area. If this wasn't the case, then clearly this man didn't need to touch the snake at all.
Whatever the trance-inducing mechanism, technique, or stimulus, he did 'calm' the snake down by the way he 'occupied its attention' before 'lulling' it to 'sleep' - just as stage 'hypnotists' do with their 'subjects'. This wasn't something the snake would 'naturally' do, not in its 'normal' waking life. And a 'trance' (i.e. specifically oriented gestalt of consciousness and corollary attitude) attitude) is a 'trance'!

Please note that I didn't speak of 'magic' mind 'tricks'. I spoke of more power-fully (adeptly?) focused minds-n-spirits mentally and spiritually influencing less power-fully focused ones. I'd bet that if you 'aimed' to 'touch'-influence such a snake like that, there'd be a completely diferent result.

IOW, this is not a function of just pushing physical 'buttons'.
Old 25-04-2018, 04:00 PM
Master
P.S. re:
Quote:
For the king for the land for the mountains
for the green valleys where dragons fly
for the glory the power to win the black lord
I will search for the emerald sword
This strikes me as being a very Harry-Potter like 'magical' incantation.

Go figure!
Old 26-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Whatever the trance-inducing mechanism, technique, or stimulus, he did 'calm' the snake down by the way he 'occupied its attention' before 'lulling' it to 'sleep' - just as stage 'hypnotists' do with their 'subjects'. This wasn't something the snake would 'naturally' do, not in its 'normal' waking life. And a 'trance' (i.e. specifically oriented gestalt of consciousness and corollary attitude) attitude) is a 'trance'!

Please note that I didn't speak of 'magic' mind 'tricks'. I spoke of more power-fully (adeptly?) focused minds-n-spirits mentally and spiritually influencing less power-fully focused ones.

Whatever man.... believe what you want. To me it seemed something physical pulled the trigger so I'm not convinced it actually had anything to do with hypnosis. As I said, the fact alone that he first needed to distract it with both hands the same way a snake expert catches snakes convinces me it was purely something physical. I think the guy just found a physical way to calm the snake by touching it at a certain area and this is not uncommon in some other animals neither, as some people are known to be able to tame and even pet bees while it seems impossible to others. But I suppose we'd agree to disagree on this one because I don't look at these kind of things from a 'spiritual' angle like you New Agers do.

Quote:
I'd bet that if you 'aimed' to 'touch'-influence such a snake like that, there'd be a completely diferent result.

lol as if your result would be any different than mine.

Quote:
This strikes me as being a very Harry-Potter like 'magical' incantation.

Go figure!

Strikes me more as Lord of the Rings-like than Harry Potter if you ask me. But what does this even have to do with anything? I just happen to like fantasy themed lyrics in certain songs over the nonsensical overrated romantic hogwash in most nowadays pop culture.
Old 26-04-2018, 01:39 PM
boshy b. good

Quote:
"love me you will"
"to be recalled. heart
beat likes good eager."
Old 26-04-2018, 07:30 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerubiel
Is making someone love you wrong? I mean we all intend to be loved right? We all intend to be wanted. I can command love and make women fall in love with me. Make them want me. I can say it like a jedi knight. YOU WILL LOVE ME! I mean a command is merely will power focused. Is there something wrong with willing/intending love?

I would like to say that many of you have replied to Kerubiel with deep insight. Giving your personal views with much consideration and kindness. I found reading through this thread thought-provoking. That is what a forum is for....sharing...contemplating... whether you agree with the subject or not it is a great way to experience others viewpoints.

IMO...many are wasting your time. (me included). The statement YOU WILL LOVE ME was enough to entice discussion....and K got what he intended in writing. I can understand romantic love, lustful love, etc. K has stated more then once how he likes control. He gets softer by saying he is a romantic and then goes back to a domineering way of commanding love.

Each of us have free will. He has nothing but self-imposed "power"
.....sounding very egotistical.

If you truly want love it will come to you when the timing is right. When the person you meet is on the exact same level or path and the two of you naturally mesh to a deep exciting can't get enough love.

I feel if you have this power.... you would have used it already and found that special woman.... YOU got no game.