Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 12-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Kaceykat

Falling asleep w/ self reiki : vulnerable?

Would appreciate a little guidance. Am level II. Was taught that it's important to seal off the aura and cut cords after giving reiki to self and others.

My question is, what about falling asleep while giving myself reiki? I caught that KILLER flu that's been going around. First it was fever deliriums...and then it settled into my lungs, becoming a barking seal cough.

I have been waking w. cough spasms in the middle of the night, so give myself reiki to calm it down, which works great (along with more robitusson ) The problem is, it's felt so good and relaxing, I've been falling asleep while doing so.

I would hate to think I'm leaving myself open to yet more icky energy while I'm so sick & vulnerable. Is there some intention I can voice ahead of time, ie, seal me off in advance? Can I ask my angels to seal me off?
Old 12-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Master
Hi Kaceykat, i too am level 2 and often fall asleep whilst self healing, i was told that the body obviously needs the reiki and is in a relaxed state so falling asleep is okay, reiki will still continue to work.
I was also told that if you do fall asleep that reiki takes care of the rest for us, after all we are only the channel reiki see's to the healing.

I hope this helps.
Love GA x
Old 13-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Kaceykat

thanks, I appreciate the input :) !
Old 18-02-2013, 05:25 AM
chevy flame

Hello Kaceykat,
You are correct; you should rake and smooth the aura energy field after doing a complete Reiki Session from head to feet. Reiki will go where it is needed and continue to work after the session is complete.
When giving Reiki to a specific area to alleviate cough, congestion etc., raking and smoothing would not be necessary.
Peace~Love & Light,
Chevy
Old 19-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaceykat
My question is, what about falling asleep while giving myself reiki? I caught that KILLER flu that's been going around. First it was fever deliriums...and then it settled into my lungs, becoming a barking seal cough.

I have been waking w. cough spasms in the middle of the night, so give myself reiki to calm it down, which works great (along with more robitusson ) The problem is, it's felt so good and relaxing, I've been falling asleep while doing so.

Very interesting on the Reiki to relieve the coughing ! Would it be possible to somehow do something similar .. if one isn't a Reiki 2 person ? .....just to clarify, not with help falling asleep, but to help with curing a cough ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 19-02-2013, 04:47 PM
chevy flame

Dream Angel,
I see under your name is Master. Reiki Master? I am a bit confused by your question
A person attuned to Level I, Reiki uses all the same hand positions a Level II, Reiki
Practitioner uses.

Is your question: If you were not attuned to Reiki can you still use Reiki?

Kacykat's original question "What about falling asleep while giving myself reiki?"
I answered: when giving Reiki to a specific area and not a full body Reiki Session; she should not be worried about falling asleep.
she also said " I have been waking w. cough spasms in the middle of the night, so give myself reiki to calm it down, which works great (along with more robitusson )”
She gives herself Reiki along with medicine to calm her cough down.
Peace ~ Love & Light,
Chevy
Old 23-02-2013, 05:36 AM
AuntBuck

I actually do my self-healing at night in bed because it is my quiet time and I can relax. I usually fall asleep at the solar plexus chakra. Interesting enough for me, as soon as the energy has stopped flowing, I wake up and switch to a more comfortable side position and go right back to sleep. I always thought it was odd that I would do this but I sleep so great when I do self-healing at night. I guess I have never worried about bad energy while doing this. Good to know.
Old 24-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy flame
Dream Angel,
I see under your name is Master. Reiki Master? I am a bit confused by your question
A person attuned to Level I, Reiki uses all the same hand positions a Level II, Reiki
Practitioner uses.

Is your question: If you were not attuned to Reiki can you still use Reiki?

Kacykat's original question "What about falling asleep while giving myself reiki?"
I answered: when giving Reiki to a specific area and not a full body Reiki Session; she should not be worried about falling asleep.
she also said " I have been waking w. cough spasms in the middle of the night, so give myself reiki to calm it down, which works great (along with more robitusson )”
She gives herself Reiki along with medicine to calm her cough down.
Peace ~ Love & Light,
Chevy

hi chevy flame ,

no, I am not a Reiki Master.... I have just been here forever, and I post now and then, lol !

sorry for the confusion, I don't do Reiki at all, not attuned to it and have not taken any classes, but on occassion I used to get this non stop cough. So I guess my question was if there was some Reiki technique I could use, even though I am not a Reiki practioner to help calm the coughing down ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 25-02-2013, 03:57 PM
chevy flame

Hello Dram Angel,

I found out that the more active one is on the forums the notation under the name “Master”. (I am now a “Pathfinder”)

Reiki Energy would not be flowing from the hands unless the individual was attuned to Reiki. I got involved with Reiki after my automobile accident and it has helped me immensely, so much so that I continued on to become a Reiki Master. When one is attuned they are taught the hand positions used to self-treat or to use for giving Reiki to others.

I have found a neti pot is helpful for post-nasal drip which can trigger a cough.

Peace ~ Love & Light,
Chevy
Old 12-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Enya

Dream angel, I'd recommend placing your hands on your chest, asking for healing energies to be given and thinking 'soft, soft, soft...' as you ask all tension to release.