Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 19-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Knower

Usui and Kundalini reiki

I am attuned to both the Usui and the Kundalini reiki system just recently. But there is something I do not understand and that doesn't make any sense.

In the Usui reiki manuals, we are instructed to think reiki or simply intend the energy to flow. I have never needed to think 'reiki' to start the energy flowing, just my intention would get it going. But, in the kundalini reiki manual, again we are instructed to think "reiki" to start the energy flowing for the 1st level, and think "kundalini reiki" to start the energy if we are attuned at 2nd level (kundalini reiki).

Now normally I wouldn't pay attention to the words used, since I didn't think they hold any base in the energetic process that goes on within. But the kundalini reiki manual implies otherwise, since we are told to think two different things, depending on our attunement level.

Basically what I really want to know is, how do I intend to use either the Usui or Kundalini system? I'm hoping I can get a clear answer here, since I can't find one anywhere else.
Old 22-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Guide

Hi alphamind,

I've been attuned distantly for usui reiki 1 & 2 and have taken reiki tummo (kundalini) classes w/ padmacahaya. reiki tummo is older and different from kundalini reiki (my niece did both rt & kr and found them to be different), but i'm sure some of the principles i've learned can be applied to all other reiki forms. i'm taught to make the intention and to *not* think or follow sensations. to smile sweetly and gently to the heart while following the feeling the love and joy. the energy will flow better that way and it's purer. if your mind floats, remind yourself to smile to your heart again. you can intend to channel a level at a time in either usui or kundalini reiki to experience the differences in energy. if you're sensitive enough, the purer the energy, you'll find it to be smoother, the particles feel smaller and spead out more. that means that the energy can go deeper into organs. i also learned from experience that most people just look for sensation and believe it's better, but as a person is able to emit cleaner and purer energy, there's less sensation and it feel and go deeper and deeper inside and be more relaxing. from my experience, i stick w/ the highest level i've received from my reiki tummo practice because i'm deeper in the heart and it doesn't only radiate out of my hands but throughout my body.

good luck and enjoy.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16