Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-03-2011, 11:21 AM
iklenic

'awareness' classes

Morning all, I recently joined 2 weeks ago, an awareness class at my cities spiritualist church, Im not sure what I was expecting, we started with a guided meditation and then after that she briefly asked if anyone had anything to share..?? No?? then she read for an hour or more about a famous medium, then it was over..?
am I wrong in hoping there would maybe be some more discussion? what 'stage' or what experiences is everyone having, maybe some kind of exercises, to help us learn, try and develop any sensitivities we may have,
there was also the feeling that they are trying to train the next set of mediums to take to the podium of the church, (in due course)
but I'm not a medium, and if I ever had those skills, I would only ever want to use them in that way if spirit feels that its what i should do, to help people, if it was my spiritual path...

I have to add that this group is 6 months in to the 1st year course, so I may have the wrong idea, as i only just joined, plus the teacher of the class is just learning herself, So I didnt feel I could ask anything..

Maybe its not for me, but I dont think there is anyone in my area, or any groups, who I can learn with, practise, try and hone any sensitivites I may have,
I wanted to share that a Lion came to me and stood beside my spirit guides during meditation I was so excited!! but I felt that it wouldnt be openly accepted,

I have a feeling I might just have to go on my journey alone and learn what I can through books, meditation and chatting with you guys, it just would have been nice to exchange experiences with people in real life,
sorry for the ramble I think i needed to form what was going through my head in words,
xx
Old 04-03-2011, 08:52 PM
PROJECTMAYHEM

if the class isnt over, you should continue going...

pointers are good and to be around people that are in the same spiritual path will help as well
Old 04-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Ivy

im not an expert in development classes. But the one I did join was run by a lady who had left the spiritualist church because they tried to tie her mediumship communication to a specified formula.

In the group that she ran, we meditated...shared our experiences if we wanted to...and tried out different exercises/tasks to help us see, as individuals, what suited us...and what kind of communication we responded best to.

I understand where youre at...re, wanting to share...and if you ask and if you need it, you will find teachers in your life that need to be there. But trust your instinct.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Enya

It's early days yet... you've missed a lot in six months, so I'd give it a chance. Yes, spiritualist churches focus very much on platform mediumship, but mediumship and spiritual development is a huge subject area, so if you get the basics, you can take it from there. Mediumship covers alot of abilities, not just platform work.
You can learn alot from a poor teacher and course, if only how to decide what is best for you, personally.