Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Seeker
Is Reincarnation Nihilistic?

Growing up in a strictly Christian household, I don't have a lot of experience in dealing with past lives and reincarnation. This may be me speaking from past experience, but I honestly don't like the idea of reincarnation. :( of course, it doesn't matter whether I like it or not, what matters is whether or not it's true.

So moving on to my main point, I guess I'm wondering if reincarnation means the me that exists today will essentially be completely gone and will only exist in memory. Will I basically be replaced with a completely unique personality? How much of me lives on in the next person? And how much of my past selves survive in me? I've heard some people say that essentially the only thing that makes us similar to our past lives is that we have the same consciousness, but that everything else is totally different. How is that different from just straight up atheism? I might as well be eternally annihilated when I die if that's the case. And what about past loved ones? Will they still be the people I loved or somebody completely different?

I'm sorry. There's just so much I don't understand about the whole thing... :(