Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 12-02-2011, 01:57 PM
guitarman

Angry Still Can't Astral Project

Heyy everyone :)

I've been trying to astral project on and off for the past 2 years and quite frankly havn't got anywhere.. Not to say i havn't gotten close..
I've read and studdied so much about it, tried different techniques and on occasion i would try every night for at least a month.. I would try during the day but have no time as i still go to school (yr 12) and have alot of things to deal with so the only time i get to try is before bed..
Now i know the key is relaxation but i've honestly been to the point that i'm so relaxed i start to feel uncomfortable..

I'll lie down for at least an hour and not move one bit, my hands are the first to begin going numb, then usually my feet, after a wile i feel the numbness reach my arms and legs but by this time i start drifting in and out of sleep.. And if i dont go to sleep i end up just feeling very relaxed with my mind awake but thats it.. If this keeps up for too long my body has a wierd feeling of uncomfortablness, where i'm just itching to change position.. Either that or randomly i'll get a tiny little itch on my body, anywhere and it just stays there and it always happens without fail and i don't know why.. It makes me lose concentration and wakes me up all the time..

The only feeling which i think comes close is a feather feeling, i feel like im floating down through the air in a feather like fassion..

If anyone could let me know if im getting close or give me some ideas on what i should do to improve or different techniques i'll be glad to read them :)

Thank you very much :)
Old 12-02-2011, 02:31 PM
papadan

You might find one night, when you stop trying so hard, that you project.
Merely allow it to happen.
Old 13-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Knower
You just have to keep trying. Try and not think of the act or projecting and just flow with it. Can you practice on weekends during the day? I understand the itching you just have to try and ignore it, it can be hard I know. I was recently at this one guys site he'd been trying to AP for 17 years but finale he got it. He'd had a lot of experiences but never got out of body
Old 13-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Master
Just try to imagine that you are doing it, see yourself leaving the body and rising above the roof of your house, look around and see the streets below and then try to go further up the street. After some time you will automatically doe it naturally.
Old 13-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Master
guitarman... It's most helpful to learn more about astral projection and find a method that works for you as each of us has our own way.

There are resources here for learning more: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3783

Xan

Old 13-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman
Heyy everyone :)

I've been trying to astral project on and off for the past 2 years
Stopped reading there. I don't need to read further because this is the root of your lack of progress. When it comes to projecting, "on and off" efforts just don't cut it.
Old 15-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Master
In other words... find a method that suits you and keep at it consistently... for about 30 minutes every day... no more, no less.

Xan

Old 15-02-2011, 07:14 PM
AnnieS

Hello guitarman,
I am in the same situation like you (same age as well). Eventually I got really frustrated and it made me realise something. Maybe I am not mentally ready yet to astral project although I really want it. Maybe it's going to interfere with my life (college studies mainly) and change its course which is not meant to happen. So what I did is to accept that fact but still try to project sometimes when I remember or have time. It is going to happen naturally at the right moment when you are ready for the experience.
There is always a reason for things happening to us :)

Annie S
Old 17-02-2011, 05:36 AM
45Uberti

Hey, its not so bad. Every time I try I fall asleep.
Old 17-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Ivy

I stopped coming to this forum because every other post said...Im trying, Im nearly there, Ive read all the books and I just cant do it. It tells me that the books dont work. From my personal experience, I feel that projection is something very meaningful, almost sacred. I never try to project...it happens when I feel a deep need for healing myself or others. And this is what I mean by 'sacred'...its that deep spiritual need and perhaps the understanding that creates that need, that drives/creates the projection or the journeying. And personally my way towards that has been in regular meditation without intention coupled with self analysis, looking meaningfully at my lifestyle and my psychology...fears/desires/issues/pre-conceptions/expectations/conditioning etc. It may seem quicker and easier to buy a book and follow a simple recipe but the beauty in being able to move in other ways can surely only be experienced as beauty if the intention is for something beautiful. Those who want a playground of fantasies will surely find it, if they try hard enough...but imo, they miss out.