Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 21-07-2018, 09:06 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumin
My question for you is, if you are, will that change anything? Will that make you feel better with who you are and who you want to be? My guess is no. True joy and fulfillment in life comes from knowing yourself, not what you are, but who you are. To find out who you are look back at your life the good times, the bad times and everything in between. Think about how you acted in those situations, and how you felt. You will begin to figure out who you are, and don't be afraid to pursue your passions. It is through your passions in life that you find out what matters to you and what doesn’t. In the end, you will find the passion that leads you through your life, the one that defines who you are, what your perfection is and your path in life. Let that passion guide you and become truly free.

Min

Isn’t who you are part of what you are? I found many people who found fullfiment in learning about their soul background, and knowing the qualities that they inherit from it for self awareness. This is a useful thing to ask in about any background.

If someone lives in a country, can’t they ponder how the culture affects their worldview? If someone has a disability, can’t they ponder on how they treat themselves and others around it? If someone is a different mental illness or cognitive delay, wouldn’t that affect their life somehow and need understanding around it?

People who tell you to focus on yourself as individuals are wrong in my perspective. We’re individuals not because we’re entirely “unique” — there are millions of people who have the same problems and personality traits as us, but more that we’re combinations of different groups of qualities and backgrounds.

Stereotypes are when we solely define ourselves by a single or a few groups. As long as I see my connection to the world as a whole, I don’t see that as discrimination.

I am not special. I am not the only one of my kind. I am not unique. No one is. And I could politely say that I could care less.
Old 21-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
Isn’t who you are part of what you are? I found many people who found fullfiment in learning about their soul background, and knowing the qualities that they inherit from it for self awareness. This is a useful thing to ask in about any background.

"What" is more of a title, or an object such as a tree. Should you be limited in your definition, your passions because what you are? Or should you be free to pursue your passion, discover who you are, and redefine what you are? I have seen many people over the years get caught up in being something, wanting to be archangel, a god, etc. None of them ever found satisfaction, because they tried to find what they are instead of who they are. When you find out who you are, what you are does not matter anymore.

Quote:
If someone lives in a country, can’t they ponder how the culture affects their worldview? If someone has a disability, can’t they ponder on how they treat themselves and others around it? If someone is a different mental illness or cognitive delay, wouldn’t that affect their life somehow and need understanding around it?

Yes, all of that is the experience of life, and while it might change your perspective, it does not limit your definition. These things may guide our path but they do not limit it.

Quote:
People who tell you to focus on yourself as individuals are wrong in my perspective. We’re individuals not because we’re entirely “unique” — there are millions of people who have the same problems and personality traits as us, but more that we’re combinations of different groups of qualities and backgrounds.

Stereotypes are when we solely define ourselves by a single or a few groups. As long as I see my connection to the world as a whole, I don’t see that as discrimination.

I am not special. I am not the only one of my kind. I am not unique. No one is. And I could politely say that I could care less.

There are many pathways in life, some people follow the same path. It does not mean they are limited to that path, they are always free to change it. What we all can do, is look at our experiences and allow them to figure out who we are, and our passions. Think about it as each of us being a mountain stream, we may all start at different locations, run into different rocks and trees that may guide our path, but who we are never changes, we are water from the start to the end, we just get there in different ways.
Old 22-07-2018, 10:35 AM
Guide

Quote:
"What" is more of a title, or an object such as a tree. Should you be limited in your definition, your passions because what you are? Or should you be free to pursue your passion, discover who you are, and redefine what you are? I have seen many people over the years get caught up in being something, wanting to be archangel, a god, etc. None of them ever found satisfaction, because they tried to find what they are instead of who they are. When you find out who you are, what you are does not matter anymore.

Yes, all of that is the experience of life, and while it might change your perspective, it does not limit your definition. These things may guide our path but they do not limit it.

There are many pathways in life, some people follow the same path. It does not mean they are limited to that path, they are always free to change it. What we all can do, is look at our experiences and allow them to figure out who we are, and our passions. Think about it as each of us being a mountain stream, we may all start at different locations, run into different rocks and trees that may guide our path, but who we are never changes, we are water from the start to the end, we just get there in different ways.

When did I say this was a strict rule? Haha. I did say I wasn’t stereotyping. I sense you didn’t even try listening or pondering on the meaning of my words at all.

These ideas and backgrounds are guidelines, not rules. It seems you’re stereotyping and oversimplifying my ideas in reaction to this to fit your narrow ideas. Backgrounds may not decide our fate, but I do disagree with the naive idea that our history, groups and environment doesn’t affect us at all. What a way for people to believe that everything is in their control and they can do anything they want if they just “believe it”.

Read this again. I can tell you haven’t. At least try to understand it first before disagreeing. If you have anything else to disagree with once you understand it, then feel free to answer back. I’m open to feedback, and this is not sarcasm.

Please return the favor of taking me seriously as well. This is not very polite.

Sincerely,
SL.
Old 22-07-2018, 02:42 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
When did I say this was a strict rule? Haha. I did say I wasn’t stereotyping. I sense you didn’t even try listening or pondering on the meaning of my words at all.

These ideas and backgrounds are guidelines, not rules. It seems you’re stereotyping and oversimplifying my ideas in reaction to this to fit your narrow ideas. Backgrounds may not decide our fate, but I do disagree with the naive idea that our history, groups and environment doesn’t affect us at all. What a way for people to believe that everything is in their control and they can do anything they want if they just “believe it”.

Read this again. I can tell you haven’t. At least try to understand it first before disagreeing. If you have anything else to disagree with once you understand it, then feel free to answer back. I’m open to feedback, and this is not sarcasm.

Please return the favor of taking me seriously as well. This is not very polite.

Sincerely,
SL.

A river is but that of many creeks, a lake that of many rivers, ocean that of many lakes. There is nothing saying the streams are limited to themselves, most like to flow together at some point or another. The difference is they are not limited to be a part of the river, lake or ocean. They are always free to go their own direction. In the end, it still doesn't change that the stream is water. But, you are young, you will understand such things when you are older. You will find that one day, all you will need to be happy is to be happy with who you are. Not what others say you are or what you want to be.

By the way getting anger as something so meaningless as some words online is a waste of energy. All I am trying to tell you is to be comfortable in your skin, and not to use being something let’s say "Michael" to fill in hole in yourself. I have seen it done, time and time again. It doesn’t lead to happiness, only more suffering and confusion. Don't worry though, you will see it in time, we all do. Just enjoy life and live freely with who you want to be.

Min
Old 23-07-2018, 07:12 AM
Guide

Quote:
A river is but that of many creeks, a lake that of many rivers, ocean that of many lakes. There is nothing saying the streams are limited to themselves, most like to flow together at some point or another. The difference is they are not limited to be a part of the river, lake or ocean. They are always free to go their own direction. In the end, it still doesn't change that the stream is water. But, you are young, you will understand such things when you are older. You will find that one day, all you will need to be happy is to be happy with who you are. Not what others say you are or what you want to be.

By the way getting anger as something so meaningless as some words online is a waste of energy. All I am trying to tell you is to be comfortable in your skin, and not to use being something let’s say "Michael" to fill in hole in yourself. I have seen it done, time and time again. It doesn’t lead to happiness, only more suffering and confusion. Don't worry though, you will see it in time, we all do. Just enjoy life and live freely with who you want to be.

Min

Thank you for judging me solely based on my age and discrimating against me due to my own beliefs from assumptioms of me. It seems ageism is on the rise more than sexism and racism, and it is discrimation. It’s not wrong that you disagreed, but to assume things of my character based on age rather than discussing the argument alone is wrong.

And when did I say I was angry? I could disagree without being in rage, and be direct without getting out of control. I agreed with you. I just added more complexity the picture and you are constantly misunderstanding my words to fit what you think it is. Do you think lightwork is all about acceptance and no disagreements? Try having history without protestors who disagreed with abuses of human rights, and protestors who disagreed with people’s arrogance.

Many paths? Yes, that’s true. I agree. I am just saying that our many choices of paths are more limited than “everything is possible” type of people. There are many right paths in my view, but there are also many wrong paths as well. Some beliefs are inherently subjective, and some are objective. I think it’s objective that slavery should be abolished in all countries. Now try arguing that it is one of “many paths” and should be respected.

I am the one who admitted I wasn’t special and unique openly, and yet you are directly arguing that I said or acted so? This proves you did not even read what I said in detail. You seem like you’re trying to force your narrow idea of what special means by saying being an archangel’s incarnations immediately means being special, which shows your definition of uniqueness is already built into your argument as assumed. I thought you said there were many paths, but apparently you have a specific path on what special means you want to force on me.

Last edited by Michelle11 : 23-07-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 24-07-2018, 12:02 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Thank you for judging me solely based on my age and discrimating against me due to my own beliefs from assumptioms of me. It seems ageism is on the rise more than sexism and racism, and it is discrimation. It’s not wrong that you disagreed, but to assume things of my character based on age rather than discussing the argument alone is wrong.
I do find the post-modern age more interesting than bronze age. People are freer than they were then, but back then most of your time was spent trying to survive. Now in days, we can more freely explore things.

By the way, saying someone that you disagree with is a bunch of “isms” does not help your argument, and is generally a last resort people use when they cannot counter a point being made. Not saying you are, but it is a general sign of it. Again, something you will learn with time, when you get older.

Feel free to insert one of the millions of quotes out there about with age comes wisdom.

Quote:
And when did I say I was angry? I could disagree without being in rage, and be direct without getting out of control. I agreed with you. I just added more complexity the picture and you are constantly misunderstanding my words to fit what you think it is. Do you think lightwork is all about acceptance and no disagreements? Try having history without protestors who disagreed with abuses of human rights, and protestors who disagreed with people’s arrogance.

My proof is in your words. I really don't have much more to say than don't let some random words online get under your skin. But, as time goes on and you get a little older you will see that.

Quote:
Many paths? Yes, that’s true. I agree. I am just saying that our many choices of paths are more limited than “everything is possible” type of people. There are many right paths in my view, but there are also many wrong paths as well. Some beliefs are inherently subjective, and some are objective. I think it’s objective that slavery should be abolished in all countries. Now try arguing that it is one of “many paths” and should be respected.

I am the one who admitted I wasn’t special and unique openly, and yet you are directly arguing that I said or acted so? This proves you did not even read what I said in detail. You seem like you’re trying to force your narrow idea of what special means by saying being an archangel’s incarnations immediately means being special, which shows your definition of uniqueness is already built into your argument as assumed. I thought you said there were many paths, but apparently you have a specific path on what special means you want to force on me.

Let's get to the gist of it then, what is it that you are trying to fill by saying you are something you aren't? I want to know what is restraining you from being who you are. What you are holding back on the inside that you are scared to let be. You will feel a lot better if you let it be. Break those chains of identity and be yourself.

Min
Old 24-07-2018, 12:14 AM
Master
Illumin, do not doubt who she says she is. She IS an incarnation of AA Michael, one of many. You are being incredibly condescending and it is rude.

I have personal experience that to me, proves her authenticity, if you want to hear it.
Old 24-07-2018, 12:43 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitydown
Illumin, do not doubt who she says she is. She IS an incarnation of AA Michael, one of many. You are being incredibly condescending and it is rude.

I have personal experience that to me, proves her authenticity, if you want to hear it.

I have talked to many people claiming to be many things. All of them, were hindered by it, all of them were unable to figure out who they truly were. Because they couldn't be themselves with all their imperfections, instead they had to an angel or a god. They could not live with who they were so they tried to be something else and they were miserable. Some killed themselves, others went on to cultish pursuits twisting the minds of those who simply wanted to know “Why me?”. Hindering and blinding them from finding in sort of internal truth and peace with themselves. You have to accept yourself, all of yourself, the good, the bad, everything. Be who you are, you are you, you are not this or that, and you don’t need to be. You are perfect the way you are, free to pursue your passions, free to find yourself, find your peace, and enjoy life. Liberate yourself from the chains of doubt and find your self-worth.

Min
Old 24-07-2018, 01:58 AM
Master
It is almost impossible to know who and what the next is, unless we are in their skin and mind. And even that is not enough. The mind has no inside into the spirit and beyond.

We only can tell from the personalities behavior, where the spirit is in their development.
Old 24-07-2018, 02:50 AM
Master
Quote:
I have talked to many people claiming to be many things. All of them, were hindered by it, all of them were unable to figure out who they truly were. Because they couldn't be themselves with all their imperfections, instead they had to an angel or a god. They could not live with who they were so they tried to be something else and they were miserable. Some killed themselves, others went on to cultish pursuits twisting the minds of those who simply wanted to know “Why me?”. Hindering and blinding them from finding in sort of internal truth and peace with themselves. You have to accept yourself, all of yourself, the good, the bad, everything. Be who you are, you are you, you are not this or that, and you don’t need to be. You are perfect the way you are, free to pursue your passions, free to find yourself, find your peace, and enjoy life. Liberate yourself from the chains of doubt and find your self-worth.

Min

Check her Your Space. You will not find what you are assuming there. She is very open with her struggles, and is overcoming many of them. Oh, and she definitely pursues her passions. She has her moments, but overall she is quite comfortable in her own skin.

But given you are rather stuck on the particular thought that she lacks self-worth and is hiding behind AA Michael's name to feel important, I doubt anything would convince you so I'll just let you deal with the ramifications of your own condescension.