Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 26-11-2017, 02:53 PM
Experiencer
The why of it all

I have had dozens of OBEs, all of which began around 2011. Mine have all been spontaneous. I resisted for years (had sleep paralysis hundreds if not thousands of times) before I finally realized what was happening and surrendered to it. I wasn’t sure what to think of it at first but I now view it as a gift.

In perusing the forum, I see that a lot of people struggle to learn to project and others don’t struggle but do it with intention, as opposed to spontaneously. So I suppose the question that is constantly at the front of my mind is...why? Why did this spontaneously come to me?

Is there anyone else that can relate?
Old 26-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Experiencer
And I suppose the reason I’m asking is to help direct my activities when out of body. I get out and then usually don’t do anything because I am afraid of drawing attention to myself. I have a fear of interacting with other entities because, honestly, I have distrusted most of the ones I’ve met so far.
Old 15-12-2017, 09:08 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
And I suppose the reason I’m asking is to help direct my activities when out of body. I get out and then usually don’t do anything because I am afraid of drawing attention to myself. I have a fear of interacting with other entities because, honestly, I have distrusted most of the ones I’ve met so far.

and well you should! Who can be Trusted but those enveloped in Truth ITSELF?

Do not TRY to DIRECT!

Nor FEAR what may come!

TRUST is KEY hear!
Trust in the DIVINE and ASK IT to GUIDE!

Something like ...... " i do not KNOW! i do not know what is best ! SHOW me what is BEST for me to EXPERIENCE NOW! "
Old 29-11-2017, 03:04 PM
Administrator
Hello

That always present "why" I know that place well. I have always been able to just step out and travel. Without a thought on it at times I just go. In school the teacher would note on report cards. Lynn seems to be in a constant state of day dream, yet when called up she knows where the lesson is at.

When you step out its the same as day to day life, one should know that there are things you can do to protect and assist you. Grounding I find is key to making sure your having an awareness of what is around you.

When we are pulled out without planning it the brain steps in and wants to keep us in place. This often results in that feeling of falling or a thud back into the body, causing at times that sleep state of being pinned to the bed. This is the brain not understanding the process most times.

If you set the intention when you go to sleep that your safe and protected and that if you travel out your in control of the journey things seem to flow better. We all travel I feel but like dreams they are fleeting to recall.

As for whom or what one meets up with on the Astral Plane one must remember that we meet the same in day to day life but often the brain again steps in with logic and dismisses much of what we might sense. Like the Earth Plane there are the same dangers out there as one can do the same physical things on the Astral Plane as the Earth Plane. We can even have intimate relations, on an energy level. Not something to be played with in doing, as it again takes more than one person, and is a personal thing.

Meeting other beings out there, here again the brain and its "imagination" center can really step in and mess with us. Making at times things seem dangerous when really the brain just wants you back in the body.

Lynn
Old 29-11-2017, 05:51 PM
Experiencer
Thank you, Lynn. This was immensely helpful. I never realized that my brain is still trying to get me back in the body even if I had to make the decision to exit when having sleep paralysis. That explains a lot and gives me a good starting point for overcoming these issues.
Old 30-11-2017, 03:42 PM
Master
Quote:
I have had dozens of OBEs, all of which began around 2011. Mine have all been spontaneous. I resisted for years (had sleep paralysis hundreds if not thousands of times) before I finally realized what was happening and surrendered to it. I wasn’t sure what to think of it at first but I now view it as a gift.

In perusing the forum, I see that a lot of people struggle to learn to project and others don’t struggle but do it with intention, as opposed to spontaneously. So I suppose the question that is constantly at the front of my mind is...why? Why did this spontaneously come to me?

Is there anyone else that can relate?

The first few times it happened to me spontaneously also, well for the first few years actually. In fact it was really hard to believe so I started seeing if I could navigate, go where I wanted, upon discovering I could I chose places I knew nothing about but could Google to get pictures of afterwards. This is what finally convinced me I was actually traveling out of body for real. After some years of effort I learned how to do it when I wanted and no spontaneously.

I believe we do it spontaneously because we can - because it is part of our inherent abilities. Sort of like a baby not taught to walk and not seeing anyone walking will still naturally discover it can stand on two legs and learn to walk in time. We are spirits in a human body, as spirits we can move about out of the body too, I think it is just natural that some of us discover that, whether through practice and training or accidentally.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:13 PM
Experiencer
CrystalSong, I agree that everyone has the ability. I wonder why some never discover this, though? My husband informed me early on that I was dreaming and he didn’t want to talk about it. So I never tell him when I go out anymore.

What did you do to learn to control it? I meditate, not daily, but I’m working on that. :) I have tried various methods described in books by people like Monroe and Bruce, etc. but haven’t found these helpful. Maybe because I’m used to just already being in the vibration stage and then exiting from there? I feel like I need to develop this skill more, but I am at a loss. Any tips are appreciated since you were once in my shoes. :)
Old 11-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:
CrystalSong, I agree that everyone has the ability. I wonder why some never discover this, though? My husband informed me early on that I was dreaming and he didn’t want to talk about it. So I never tell him when I go out anymore.

What did you do to learn to control it? I meditate, not daily, but I’m working on that. :) I have tried various methods described in books by people like Monroe and Bruce, etc. but haven’t found these helpful. Maybe because I’m used to just already being in the vibration stage and then exiting from there? I feel like I need to develop this skill more, but I am at a loss. Any tips are appreciated since you were once in my shoes. :)

Yep, some people can't really handle it nor do they want to hear about it - they have their rule set for 'what being a human is" and don't want to hear about anything that rocks their boat. Which is cool too, we all got our walks in life.

I have astral traveled as you do, but it's not something I can control as in do it when want or not do it.

Instead I leaned to etherically project (meaning projecting my consciousness) to wherever/whenever I wanted by tuing my vibration and desire to it. I do that through dropping into Theta state from meditation, opening an energy portal and projecting into and briefly allowing Thinking Mind to set the destination. ie "Venus" then ride the portal till it pops me out on 'Venus' or wherever the destination was selected for. The trip duration seems to be 40 mins to one hour, after that the body needs to move and the mind stats cutting in which forces the consciousness back into the body or I can choose to end it at anytime also.

I've never been able to stay out passed 1 hour though earth linear time. However out of body that is often half a day perceptually. This does not take in the rotation rate of other planets and their suns, seasons and so on. So arriving with the sun high in the sky and staying until sunset touring a world doesn't mean 6 hours has passed for consciousness - there's no way to actually know the amount of perceptual time passed. It is always a satisfactory amount though :)
Old 01-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Administrator
Hello

This is a method I have taught in workshops. I am familiar with Monroe and Bruce. I studied the Robert Bruce Method. Being that I could just think and go into Astral I had to learn to do things in reverse so I could first understand how it works then teach it.

My method is a blend of a few out there and has had success for those trying it. There are some other ideas I have on the topic too that I have to get off my other laptop as it seems Word did not transfer clearly.

Many find the Astral Travel thing hard to obtain.

This was given to me a long time ago before I knew what I did naturally was Astral Travel.

Quiet your mind. Clear you thoughts. In your mind think....

I am going to count down from 3 - 1, visualizing each number on a white ball of light suspended in the air above my head. When I reach that third and final
(1) my body will be deeply relaxed. I will have no awareness of physical sensations. I will not perceive of any physical discomforts. My consciousness will be focused on my Astral Body."

Starting with the number 3 visualize the White ball of light and start to relax the body. Do this three or four time.

Then move to the number 2 your now in an even greater state of relaxation. You’re now aware of physical sensations or vibration; you’re getting ready entering your Astral Body. Again do this three of four times.

Then move to the number 1 your consciousness is now in your Astral Body. Again do this number 1 three times. This will hold you in your Astral Body state. There is no time frame involved the best thing do to though is to try and keep mind "chatter" down. This is idle thoughts that get in the way. The best way to handle these thought is simply to push them away as they come to you some use a broom and sweep them.

Hope that this might help some. Too patients nothing happens overnight....

Lynn
Old 02-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Master

Fascinating experiences!