Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-05-2019, 04:30 PM
Suspended

Past Lives or First Incarnation?

I have been reading on the theory of new souls-old souls and reincarnation. Generally it is supposed to be that new souls come from the animal kingdom if i am not mistaken? So their first human incarnation is one where they feel very attracted to life's pleasures, material wealth, etc. And they are kind of "clumsy" because of their inexperience. Correct?
In meditation or in general i have been thinking about my own past lives but nothing pops up. I feel like it is my first incarnation on this planet. But i am drawn to all things spiritual rather than material things. Like i have fallen to a lower condition, rather than upgrading from the animal kingdom to the human realm. It reminds me of the concept of "Wanderers" mentioned in the Law of One books.
So i feel like i am an old sould, but a first incarnation in a way. I have not been able to fit well with people or social structures, have been a rebel in my youth and feel this planet as a scary and illogical place very often. I feel uncomfortable with energies of people that are of a lower nature and even with earthly energies and the elements. Kind of like a visitor to this place, perhaps with a mission. I wasn't sure in my youth if the mission is to destroy what is, to make something better, or simple to go along with what is, trying to make it better on the way. Any comments?
Old 17-05-2019, 05:18 PM
Master
Your post reminded me of this soul age article I read and found interesting. I don't know who Michael is or about this website in general btw. Nevertheless if it's of any interest:

www.michaelteachings.com/soul_age_index.html
Old 17-05-2019, 07:06 PM
Master

There are so many theories ... Whom to believe? Whom to even trust to be honest?

Also, I believe that we can't rationalize the higher truth either.

What I think to be the best option (neither faith, nor rationalization) is to look for answers and for guidance inside yourself, from your inner higher knowledge. You won't get the undistorted truth, but I believe it will help you on your evolvement path.

The progression is, as far as I believe / know: instinct, emotion, intellect, intuition.

We, humans, are here because we've mostly mastered our instincts, we are overwhelmed by emotions, we started to develop an intellect, and only heard of intuition. The path is to fully master our emotions, in order to be able to create what we want, also to fully develop our intellect, and develop intuition.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-05-2019, 07:19 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVisitor
I feel uncomfortable with energies of people that are of a lower nature..

I am characterizing the energies as "lower nature", not the people, obviously all people have the potential to express higher or lower nature energies (vibrations)...
Old 17-05-2019, 07:25 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
There are so many theories ... Whom to believe? Whom to even trust to be honest?

Also, I believe that we can't rationalize the higher truth either.

What I think to be the best option (neither faith, nor rationalization) is to look for answers and for guidance inside yourself, from your inner higher knowledge. You won't get the undistorted truth, but I believe it will help you on your evolvement path.

The progression is, as far as I believe / know: instinct, emotion, intellect, intuition.

We, humans, are here because we've mostly mastered our instincts, we are overwhelmed by emotions, we started to develop an intellect, and only heard of intuition. The path is to fully master our emotions, in order to be able to create what we want, also to fully develop our intellect, and develop intuition.

Isn't all religion, in a way, an attempt to rationalize the higher truth?

Inner knowledge yes, the inner guru as others say, i am trying to anchor myself there for good, haven't made it a complete reality yet. Intuition above intellect, above emotion, above instinct. Sounds logical. Master our emotions, or live according to our highest emotions, like love and compassion? Else what we create will mostly be based on ego or selfish desires?

Anyway, thanks for the response.
Old 17-05-2019, 07:27 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Your post reminded me of this soul age article I read and found interesting. I don't know who Michael is or about this website in general btw. Nevertheless if it's of any interest:

Yeap, been there too. Interesting writer.
Old 17-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Isn't all religion, in a way, an attempt to rationalize the higher truth?

Inner knowledge yes, the inner guru as others say, i am trying to anchor myself there for good, haven't made it a complete reality yet. Intuition above intellect, above emotion, above instinct. Sounds logical. Master our emotions, or live according to our highest emotions, like love and compassion? Else what we create will mostly be based on ego or selfish desires?

Anyway, thanks for the response.

I believe that (most) religions originate from genuine altered states of consciousness experiences. Those experiences were interpreted by those who had them through the filters of their beliefs, emotions, and intellectual development, then others, purposefully or not, distorted the message until making it unrecognizable. Rationalization takes us further from the original message, as we don't have the capability to fully understand what is beyond.

Regarding emotions ... Love and compassion (as rationalization mentioned above) will lead us eventually to fear (e.g. of loss), anger (e.g. against the unloving and un-compassionate others), and to other negative emotions, that prevent us from creating what we intend to. The so called unconditional love, isn't love per se, but a non-dual state that doesn't generate a dual negative emotion.

When you go toward your inner higher knowledge you have to leave behind all you beliefs and emotions, to receive a raw message, undistorted as much as possible. When you say "ego or selfish desires" you already express a belief and an emotion.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-05-2019, 08:06 PM
Knower
In Hinduism we believe that a human birth is the highest and most desirable, at least on this planet. However, that doesn't mean that a human can't "fall down" and be reborn as another animal. Being born human is a privilege and honor that altogether too many of us squander.
Old 17-05-2019, 08:43 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
simple to go along with what is, trying to make it better on the way.
I think this is pretty close to the approach that one should use. Especially if there are some things that are out of balance, you don't want to try to 'destroy' it. You want to transform those sort of energies, and you have a choice, to choose.. Cause I believe the intent 'to destroy', comes from the intent of lower energies. Which I don't think you want around you and lower energies contribute to chaos that is out there.
Old 17-05-2019, 09:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera
I think this is pretty close to the approach that one should use. Especially if there are some things that are out of balance, you don't want to try to 'destroy' it. You want to transform those sort of energies, and you have a choice, to choose.. Cause I believe the intent 'to destroy', comes from the intent of lower energies. Which I don't think you want around you and lower energies contribute to chaos that is out there.

the problem with destroying things anyway is, you don't know what to put in its place? So unless you just wanna have fun it probably isn't worth it to go down that road.