Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 03-01-2013, 05:51 AM
JavSchlogit

A Spiritual Experience

Hello. This is my first real post here and the reason I found this site in the first place. I'm looking for a little insight to an experience I had when I was 15. I'm 31 now. It was on a campground in Georgia where me and my siblings were visiting my Dad for the summer. I would reveal the name of the place but I don't want anyone messing around there disturbing things... My Dad lived on the campground though. And at the end of the campground was a little cove beside the highway where we fished at. While fishing one day, pilfering around in the dirt a piece of pottery was found. We then started digging around and discovered a bunch more pieces. Different shapes and designs. Nothing fancy, but nice looking pieces. Dad still has them framed up on his wall to this day. There is an outlet mall across the way with a display in the food court that we later used for reference for dating the pieces and such. But one day just before dusk after digging for these, just me and Dad that day, I had some sort of encounter. We had just gotten back to Dads camper and I was the first one inside. Dad was still doing something in his truck. I had just sat down, everything was very quiet. Then I heard a chant and drums come over my shoulder and into my right ear. Didn't hear it in my left ear, just my right. Felt like it was just for me. I also felt it in my heart. My literal heart. It only lasted like 5 seconds. It was kinda cliche like something you'd see in a movie or something. Idk what I had experienced. Still don't. I guess I tapped into some spirits by digging this stuff up. Idk if it was a good thing or bad thing. Or maybe just letting me know they were there. I dunno. That's what I'm trying to figure out. It was by far the craziest, most interesting thing that has ever happened to me!! Ever since then, I have been intrigued by Native Americans and other aboriginal peoples around the world. If anybody can let me know what I experienced, I would really appreciate it! Also, I'm thinking of returning the pieces in case we've disturbed something we shouldn't have. It wasn't ours to take in the first place. But I'll have to wait until I'm down that way again as I live in Virginia. Thank you.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:54 AM
sunny shine

Interesting read, You did not intentionally dig it, you just found it, to me it sounds like a good spiritual experience, but you know best as to how it makes you feel
Old 03-01-2013, 01:43 PM
JavSchlogit

Well, it started off as unintentional. After the first couple pieces were found, we started to really dig around though. We also found bits of black charcoal from where they built fires and clam shells everywhere. I'm guessing that's where they prepared meals at. Or maybe where they dumped their trash. Not really trash because it's nothing that pollutes or harms anything. You get it. Maybe it was an offering site. But yeah, I'm guessing it was a good spiritual experience just by the way it made me feel. It definitely let me know there is more to this world than meets the eye. I was just wondering too if I could regain some of what I experienced by following some sort of NA religion or practices or something. It left me wanting more. I would really love to just up and leave this ****. society we live in and go live with some tribe somewheres. Learn all the little secrets to life that I'm sure they know. :)
Old 06-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Administrator
Were you digging in a sacred place? this could be the cause of hearing the drums ,just a thought

Namaste
Old 06-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Raven Poet

Hi. Welcome to SF. I found your experience to be beautiful. How lovely to have Drums and Songs come to you!

I am wondering if maybe, if it feels in your heart that there is something else you need to do, perhaps you could go back there and put down Tobacco as a way to acknowledge the gifts? Or even put down Tobacco where you live, with the intention of acknowledging your discovery/experience you had back then in the campground.

Either way, the sounds you heard were indeed gifts from the Spirit world, and what my Elders have taught me was to put that sacred plant medicine, Tobacco, down to acknowledge receipt of gifts.

Where I live in Canada, archaeologists dug up many sacred items from the past in a site where a new museum is being built. (It is on traditional Ojibwe Nation territory, in the downtown of a urban prairie city.) The Elders who were involved in a cultural/spiritual consultation role in this project advised the arch's to put down Tobacco after they unearthed these items.

Keep your ears open!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Suspended
Please return them to the original site. Then the spirits will honor you.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Master

I think I can see what happened. Finding those things may, and I say may, have been a random event. But what happened was that you opened yourself to spirituality at the moment you acknowledged that there was more to the pottery pieces than broken utilities or something perhaps sellable. And that was the moment the distance between you and the spirit world became short enough for someone on the other side to send you a greeting. Your guide? The ancestor spirits of the tribe who made the pottery? A spirit local to the campground? It does not matter. You had an experience, your first, and it changed you forever. To the better.

Keep the shards or return them; it will please the tribe's ancestors either way as long as you treat the relics with honor. Perhaps they still can change someone else too if you display them for others to see. Like... your children.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Shincarra

I agree with Thunder Bow. Bring the pieces back. Maybe camp near by for a couple of nights, and Thank the spirits for your experence. Thats my view. The best to you.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Shincarra

.................. Oh and JavSChlogit Welcome to the forum :)
Old 10-11-2013, 12:20 AM
Jah-Shlovell

Hey, peoples! I am back! What a journey for sure! I'm back under another name because I had to lose the other one. Well, I have gotten all my answers. I am an enlightened individual now. I get it. All of it. The pottery went to the rightful owners who I know personally!!!! Wow! I had no idea that this guy was the Chief of these peoples. I told my brother this story and let him and my father read this. Ever since I give this stuff back, blessings have poured my way! I have God. I FEEL it! The stars gave aligned. Everything makes complete and total sense to me now. I just keep having all these thoughts that I know for a fact come from the Creator. I have been rewarded for my faith. That is what my experience was that day. I was so deep into your beautiful culture then, that I tapped into something for a moment. It scared me and I had doubt for that split second and it was gone. I believe that if I would have kept on with my life how it was, I would be dead soon. Full of bad energy and people that practice evil sucking it from me. The psy-vamps are getting no more of this. These people are long gone from my life! But I have no doubt been using both good and bad energies. That is why the mixed results. But I know how to use my magic now. And I feel it to be pretty strong right now. Only can go up from here on out. God is Love. Good breeds good. Bad breeds bad. I have been on many paths that I and I have pulled together nicely. I realize now that I am God. And all I see that is good. A tentacle of the same octopus. Like the fingers of the hand that serves the whole. I know how to live in perfect harmony with nature too. I have studied diet and soil biology very hard this past year, because my magic got me sick. Throwing it around badly. Bad company. Not taking in good energies/magic. Doubting and fearing. Plus the generational curses. Sorry white people, but you don't have good magic a lot of you. You stray, you pay. The longer out of the circle of life, the more evil you become. It is about time to take this world back to the rightful creatures of light! Now, I have much magic to learn. I just need to surround myself with the right energies as best I can. I see my path laid out for the things I must do. I am a warrior ready to go to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all so much for being a light to this sad world. You have helped me tremendously. If it is wise, should I give my facebook out? I want to get in with good peoples. More good is always better magic. Please let me know if I should be so open! I wonder what magic is against me sometimes. But I never fear that bull****! My spirit will not be broken!!! No fear!! I'm new to this so it's kinda on and off at first. Like Peter Pan holding on to his happy thought. I just need to make sure I keep my energies up... I have things that I would like to share with some intelligent peoples. Now I don't know who is enlightened or not. I'd love to think everyone here is definitely enlightened peoples. If you are following your roots, I don't see how you can lose! One Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been rambling a lot here lately. I'm spread a lil thin atm. And I also have no doubt that intelligence has been listening to me all along. Guiding me. My dreams are powerful. I listen to them. Too much to say right now. So, just holler at me, good friends!;)