Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 21-02-2018, 11:20 AM
Knower

A common phenomenon for the Gods. You do to it one step-he to you ten. You need to think about devotion as often as possible and express it in concrete actions. In service to him.
Helps to read the commitment vow. For example I do every day for half an hour an hour Buddhist worship of 5 parts of the body in relation to the altar. In response, the koolosal infusion of energy.
The more devotion and service, the more energy. So the practitioner's consciousness develops.
Old 21-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Master
What is this 'commitment vow'?
Old 21-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Master
It stops you from taking the whole relationship for granted - which is what has happened.

Or the fear arises that you may get 'used to it' and so avoidance results...either way.

It's like a marriage, in which both parties must 'make it work' instead of assuming into apathy that it 'always will' due to love alone and that is why love is never enough - unconditional or otherwise.

When was the last time you got out your Dholak and offered the playing of Shiv Ratan Dhan Pyo to me? It was last month!

When was the last time you covered yourself in vibhoot as sacrifice to me? two weeks ago!

I've also asked you to do Solat Somvar Vrat Katha...but as soon as you see a juicy banana or a piece of chocolate cake, it is over before it even starts! If you could only DO this, it would show how far you are prepared to take it and then, you say "why should I DO that because you know I love you, so there's no need!" that's just your ego, my dear.

All I can say to that is 'do you want a boon or not'? Simple!

You don't need to listen to anybody else...listen to me! You don't need to do special yoga, pranayama...just fast for 16 Mondays and that is all. I have been asking this for months now and as yet, you haven't done it...so maybe if I post it on this forum you visit, you'll see it...a record will be made of it and you'll have no excuses then because everybody can also see this.
Old 22-02-2018, 05:45 AM
Knower

Feast of Shiva worship

https://vk.com/yuliialis?z=video4670...wall_467044140
Old 22-02-2018, 05:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitiananda
Awesome! but I have already seen this.

I watched the whole inauguration of that huge Shiva statue during the Maha Shivaratri celebrations last year...I watched the speech given by Narendra Modi PM of India...and of course, was thrilled by Kailash Kher's rendition of Aadiyogi.

This is totally amazing and thank you for providing it again.

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 22-02-2018, 06:02 AM
Master
On a separate note, I chant that Mantra (which was sung) very often...

नमस्ते अस्तु भगवन
विश्र्वेश्र्वराय महादेवाय
त्र्यम्बकाय त्रिपुरान्तकाय
त्रिकालाग्निकालाय
कालाग्निरुद्राय नीलकण्ठाय मृत्युंजयाय
सर्वेश्र्वराय सदाशिवाय
श्रीमन् महादेवाय नमः

Namaste Astu Bhagavan
Vishveshvaraaya Mahaadevaaya
Trayambakaaya Tripurantakaaya
Trikaalaagni - Kaalaaya
Kaalaagni - Rudraaya Nilakantaaya Mrityunjayaaya
Sarveshvaraaya Sadaashivaaya
Sriman Mahadevaaya Namah.
Old 22-02-2018, 06:25 PM
Eelco

For me it's the Gayatri mantra often followed by asatoma sadgamaya.

With love
eelco
Old 27-05-2018, 07:47 AM
Master
Namaste.

It seems that Bhakti is something that only a Bhakta can understand and appreciate.

Whenever I speak on it, I am bombarded by atheists: "you know there is a biochemical explanation for all that love, because God/reality does not even exist outside your own brain", etc

I fully realised over the past few days that atheists can be just as intolerant and indoctrinating as some who profess religion can be...but I also appreciate the fact they must also feel totally threatened by it, because if they were not, they'd simply ignore us Bhaktas.

However, the more I am pushed, the more I withdraw, regroup and the stronger my love and faith becomes...and if Atheists only knew this, they would stop doing it. lol

Then any expression of love to another who is not a Bhakta, appears as being 'blind faith' or 'proselytizing' or being 'self-righteous' among other things...and then the abuse and insults fly thick and fast, when all the Bhakta is doing is just existing in that love and couldn't care less if others feel it or not, because as long as they do, it's all fine.

However, modern spirituality is such that it is full of 'double standards' and a lack of any personal responsibility or accountability eg "I am going to call you an arrogant, self-righteous, moral idiot now...but try not to get offended, because if you do, that says more about YOU than it does about me".

I have been very tolerant with other beliefs and religions up to this point, but no more! and if I am to be labeled as something anyway, I would rather fully deserve it.

So, I revert and resort back into orthodox Hinduism, and my love for Shiva and if somebody says that I am just 'deluding myself' and to believe what they do, because it is the 'real truth' and I am 'living a lie'...they will find themselves told off in no uncertain terms quick smart because I am DONE with playing nice...so now, I am Hindutva.

If others call me names now, I can say "yes, and I am very proud of it, so what are YOU going to do about it"? one can only take so much...so much before they snap fully back and go in the opposite direction, AWAY from tolerance and those who wouldn't have a damn clue about what I believe in or even what they are saying!

/rant

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 27-05-2018, 08:14 AM
Eelco

You go girl..

I kinda understand what you mean. My standard with love signature for instance is often met with doubts about the sincerity, because I don't blow sunshine up everyone's *** to full fill their idea of what love in written form should look like.

Anyhow. I have recently learned that there is no word for spirituality in Hindi or even Sanskrit. Do you know if this is so? The explanation would be that spiritual life just is in India. Not something we do

With love
Eelco
Old 27-05-2018, 08:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
You go girl..

I kinda understand what you mean. My standard with love signature for instance is often met with doubts about the sincerity, because I don't blow sunshine up everyone's *** to full fill their idea of what love in written form should look like.

Anyhow. I have recently learned that there is no word for spirituality in Hindi or even Sanskrit. Do you know if this is so? The explanation would be that spiritual life just is in India. Not something we do

With love
Eelco
No, there is no equivalent for these words in Hindi or Sanskrit and you are correct there. Also, I appreciate the understanding and a very similar experience and thank you so much for sharing it.